Does CTET Marks Matter In KVS Exam Or Not?: CTET and KVS both are related teaching process. CTET is conducted by CBSE as an eligibility test for teachers. It is a Teaching Eligibility certificate required while applying for government exams like KVS, DSSSB, NVS, for PRT, TGT, PGT posts. KVS is recruitment body for teaching jobs in all over India in which thousands of candidates appear for teaching exam. All the appearing candidate have every year with many pertinent questions in their minds. One question among them is, “Does CTET marks matter in the KVS exam?” in this article we will find the answer of this question
|CTET Notification||KVS Recruitment|
What is CTET?
Central Teacher Eligibility Test or CTET exam is conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). It is conducted by the central government for aspiring teachers seeking government teaching jobs. Its application process and examination mode are completely online. You can further check all the information on the CTET Online Application form on our page. The CTET certificate is issued by the CBSE is valid till lifetime.
Why CTET Certificate is Important?
The CTET certificate is the minimum eligibility criteria for many Central Government Teaching Exams. Many private institutes also consider candidates with CTET certificates for teaching jobs. Thus, passing CTET Exam helps aspirants to become Government School Teacher. The candidates need to score 60% and above to receive the CTET Certificate.
CTET Exam includes Two Papers:
- Candidates intending to become a school teacher for Class 1 to 5, needs to clear CTET Paper 1.
- Candidate intending to become a school teacher for Class 6 to 8, needs to clear CTET Paper 2.
- Candidate intending to become a school teacher for both levels (Class 1 to 5 and Class 6 to 8) needs to clear both the CTET Paper 1 and Paper 2.
CTET Eligibility Criteria:
The candidate needs to go through the CTET eligibility criteria before filling the CTET online application form. The eligibility criteria for the CTET Exams 2022 are:
- For primary teacher aspirants, minimum of 60% aggregate marks is required in their 10+2 exams.
- For secondary teacher aspirants, minimum of 60% aggregate marks is required in graduation from a recognized university or a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in 10+2.
- For reserved like SC/ST/ OBC etc.. the minimum aggregate is relaxed up to 5%.
What is the KVS exam?
KVS or Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan is one of the prominent government organizations that conduct examinations for recruitment of teaching and non-teaching staff posts in government schools such as PGT ( Post Graduate Teachers), PRT (Primary Teachers), and TGT (Trained Graduate Teachers). The written exam is conducted offline followed by an interview.
Candidates aspiring to become teachers at Kendriya Vidyalaya across India needs to clear this exam. After successfully passing the KVS Exam based on yearly cut-off marks, candidates are recruited as Kendriya Vidyalaya Teachers.
KVS Eligibility Criteria
KVS PGT Eligibility Criteria
The candidate needs to go through the eligibility criteria before filling the KVS Online Application Form. The eligibility criteria for KVS PGT is mentioned below:
- Candidates require a minimum aggregate of 50% in Masters from any recognized university.
- B.Ed or equivalent degree from any recognized university.
- Candidates require to be proficient in English and Hindi as a medium of teaching.
KVS TGT Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to carefully check the eligibility criteria for the KVS TGT exam before filling the application form to avoid any confusion. The eligibility criteria for the KVS TGT exam are mentioned below:
- Candidates need an aggregate of 50% in concerned subjects/ combination in their Bachelor’s Degree.
- Candidates require a B.Ed or equivalent degree from a recognized university.
- Pass Certificate of CTET Paper 2 conducted by CBSE or appearing in CTET.
- Candidates need to be proficient in English and Hindi as a medium of teaching.
CTET 2021: CUT OFF Marks
For the General category, Candidates who score 60% marks in the examination will be considered qualified. Here we are sharing the category wise CTET Cut Off marks:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentage||Passing Marks|
|General||60%||90 Out Of 150|
|OBC/SC/ST||55%||82 Out Of 150|
CTET Certificate Applicability:
- After getting the CTET certificate, you also can apply for any teaching jobs like KVS, DSSSB or any central & state Govt job etc.
- Many private institutes and teaching sectors give privileges to the CTET qualified candidates in case of recruitments and experience.
- CTET certificate holders are also eligible to teach in Government school under State Government. Although, most of the states conduct their own State TET, but CTET certificate is also valid in many State schools as well.
Does CTET Marks Matter In KVS Exam Or Not
As mentioned above, a CTET certificate is required to appear in the KVS TGT & PRT Exam. And candidates are required to secure minimum cut-off marks to get the certificates. However, the final marks obtained by candidates in CTET do not matter in the KVS exam. Hence, the answer is NO! CTET is a certificate that only helps candidates to apply for the KVS exam.
|Important CTET Links|
|CTET Cut OFF||CTET New Syllabus & Exam Pattern||CTET Previous Year Papers|
|CTET Selection Process||CTET Validity|
|KVS Exam Date||KVS Syllabus 2022||KVS Previous Year Papers|
|KVS Selection Process||KVS 2022||KVS Salary 2022|