The Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has presented the Union Budget 2022-23 on 1st February 2022. Among the most important and highlighted section was the announcement in the Union Budget 2022 on the Education Sector. FM has announced that a digital university will be established with the objective to provide accessibility to the Indian Students to world-class education and modern learning experience at their doorstep. Students will be able to access the digital university in different languages and ICT formats. The university will be built on a network hub and spoke model.
What is Education Budget in 2022-23 highlights?
- Under the ‘One Class- One TV Channel’ programme of PM eVIDYA, the massive expansion will be witnessed. Now, there will be expanded 200 channels dedicated to the education of the students. This will equip the state to provide supplementary education to the students from classes 1- 12.
- Skilling e-Labs and virtual labs will be set up with the objective to promote a simulated learning environment and critical thinking. The ITI’s are to start courses o skilling. The Digital DESH e-portal will be launched for the skilling, upskilling & reskilling of the youth.
- Through Digital Teachers, high-quality e-content will be developed. This content will be circulated through the internet, mobile phones, radio and tv as well.
- Digital University to be established to provide world-class quality education to the Indian students along with a personalized learning experience.
- Rs. 250 crores will be endowed to 5 academic institutions on urban planning each. They are to become the new centres of excellence.
- The syllabus of the Agricultural Universities will be revised to meet to evolving standards of modern- farming.
Understanding the Budget on Education 2022
The main focus of the Union Budget on Education 2022 is to digitize the educational forums. This will enable the governments to reach out to the student mainly studying in government schools through the digital platform. The pandemic has affected the educational course of the students adversely. The schools across the country have been opened and closed based on the numbers of Covid-19 too frequently. Students and their education have suffered massively due to this. The Union Budget on Education 2022 has diligently focused on this issue and proposed all possible measures to fight this pertinent issue.