SSC GD Constable 2021
SSC GD Constable 2021: The Staff Selection Commission was earlier expected to release the SSC GD Constable Notification on 25th March 2021 which has now been expected to be released in the 1st week of May 2021. The officials have released a notice announcing that the notification for Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Examination,2021 will be published officially. SSC conducts the General Duty (GD) exam for the post of Constable in different Central Police Organization. The interested candidates can go through this article to check eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and all the important information regarding SSC GD Constable 2021. The candidates who have been waiting for the notification of the SSC GD Constable should bookmark this page to get notified of every latest update. Check the snip of the notice released by the officials here.
Update: SSC GD Constable detailed notification is expected to be released in the first week of May 2021.
SSC GD Constable 2021
A lot of candidates are eagerly waiting for the SSC GD Constable 2021 Notification. After almost two years a ray of hope from SSC has been observed. As per the revised exam calendar released by SSC for the 2021 exams, the notification will be released soon.
|Exam Name||SSC GD 2021 (Staff Selection Commission General Duty)|
|Organisation||Staff Selection Commission|
|Notification Release Date|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Vacancies||To be notified|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Process||Online (Computer- Based Test), PET, PST, Medical|
Forces for which the recruitment is being conducted
Forces for Recruitment of Constable (General Duty)
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Secretariat Security Force (SSF)
Forces for Recruitment of Rifleman (General Duty)
- Assam Rifles
SSC GD 2021: Important Dates
|SSC GD Constable Notification|
|Online Form submission Start|
|Last Date to Submit Application||To be Notified Soon|
|Admit Card||To be Notified Soon|
|Exam Date||02nd to 25th August 2021|
SSC GD 2021 Eligibility Criteria
All the aspiring candidates of SSC Constable 2021 have to abide by all the Eligibility Criteria Decided by the Commission.
- The candidate of SSC GD must be a Citizen of either India or Nepal or Bhutan. If a candidate is a citizen of Nepal or Bhutan shall have a Certificate of Eligibility issued by the Government of India in favour of him/her.
If the candidate has a 10th passed certificate from any recognized Board/ University then he/she is eligible for SSC GD Exam 2021.
The age limit for the post of Constable is 18-25 years.
Age Relaxation: As per government guidelines age relaxation in SSC GD Constable is given in the table below:
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ExS)||3 years (after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning)|
|Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved)||5 years|
|Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1,984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)||8 years|
|Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1,984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ST)||10 years|
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989||5 years|
SSC GD Physical Eligibility
SSC GD Physical Eligibility (Male Candidates)
|Category of Candidates||Height (in cms)||Chest (in cms)|
|Un-expended||Expended (Min of 4 cms)|
|Only GENERAL/ OBC||170||81||85|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||170||81||85|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||165||76||80|
|Residents of hill areas i.e. Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, and candidates belonging to states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kashmir, and Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K.||165||76||80|
|Sons of serving, deceased, retired police personnel/ Multi-Tasking Staff (Formerly group ‘D’ employees) of Delhi Police.||165||76||80|
SSC GD Physical Eligibility (Female Candidates)
|Only GENERAL/ OBC||157||–||–|
|Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST)||155||–||–|
|Residents of hill areas i.e. Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to states of Sikkim, 155 – – 11 Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kashmir, and Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K.||155||–||–|
|Daughters of serving, deceased, retired police personnel/ Multi-Tasking Staff (Formerly group ‘D’ employees) of Delhi Police.||152||–||–|
For all male candidates including Ex-servicemen and departmental candidates (age-wise), the SSC GD Physical Endurance Test (qualifying) for the post of Constable will be as under: –
|5 km||24 Minutes|
|1 Mile for Ladakh Region||6 ½ Minutes|
For all female candidates including departmental candidates (age-wise), SSC GD physical standards will be as under:
|1.6 km||8 ½ Minutes|
|800 Metres for Ladakh Region||4 Minutes|
SSC GD Constable 2021 Selection Process
The candidates will be selected for SSC GD Constable Vacancies 2021 through the following stages:
- Online Computer Based Test
- Physical Standard Test
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Medical Test
- Document Verification
SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern of SSC Constable 2021 is explained in the tables below. The exam comprises three Tiers. Tier-I is mainly screening and scoring exams.
|Tier||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Stage-I||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Stage-II||Physical Endurance Test/ Physical Standard Test||Physical Test|
|Medical Examination||Medical Examination of Candidates at Hospitals||Medical Test|
SSC GD Constable Syllabus
SSC GD Constable Paper comprises four Sections/Subjects that are mentioned below:
- General Knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Reasoning
- English Comprehension
Let’s have a look at the detailed syllabus of all these 4 sections:
|General Reasoning||General Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Verbal Reasoning||Current Affairs||Percentage||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Awards and Honours||Number Series||Grammar|
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Books and Authors||Data Interpretation||Vocabulary|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Sports||Mensuration and Geometry||Verbal Ability|
|Double Lineup||Entertainment||Quadratic Equation||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Scheduling||Obituaries||Interest||Active and Passive Voice|
|Input-Output||Important Dates||Problems of Ages||Para Jumbles|
|Blood Relations||Scientific Research||Profit and Loss||Fill in the Blanks|
|Directions and Distances||Static General Knowledge
(History, Geography, etc.)
|Ratio and Proportions &
Mixture and Alligation
|Ordering and Ranking||Portfolios||Speed, Distance, and Time||Cloze Test|
|Data Sufficiency||Persons in News||Time and Work|
|Coding and Decoding||Important Schemes||Number System|
|Code Inequalities||Data Sufficiency|
SSC GD Constable 2021 Document Verification
All the candidates qualified for Document Verification are required to come for Document Verification. Those who fail to do so will not be considered for any post at the time of final selection. Candidates will have to submit copies of various documents like Matriculation Certificate, educational qualification, caste certificate, relevant document, if any relaxation is taken, etc. Candidates will be required to produce all documents in original for verification at the time of document verification. Information about the required documents will be provided while calling candidates for DV. Detailed options for posts will be taken either online or at the time of document verification.
SSC GD Constable Salary 2021
The salary of General Duty Constable is high with loads of benefits and allowances. The basic pay scale for SSC GD is lucrative and varies from Rs. 21,700 to Rs. 69,100. The Constables selected through SSC GD Recruitment will be provided with numerous allowances and perks. The timely promotions are also provided to the constables on the basis of their performances and duration of job service.
Prerequisites for SSC GD Constable Online Application Form:
Important things which you should keep with you while filling the Application Form:
- Scanned copy of your Signature ( 1kb < Size < 12 kb ) in JPG format.
- Scanned copy of your Photo ( 4 kb < Size < 20kb ) in JPG format.
- You should have a valid E-Mail I.D with you which can be used for registration purposes.
- You should have valid Identity Proof with you.
Online Application Form of SSC GD Constable
The eligible and interested candidates may apply online for SSC GD Recruitment 2021. The link for the online application was expected to be active n 25th March 2021 which will now be available in May along with the official notification.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Online Application[Link will be active soon]
Note: The Online Application Form link will be made active here it is released by the commission.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Application Fee
Instructions to fill SSC GD Application Form 2021
- Click on the link mentioned above and you will be redirected to the SSC official site directly.
- A page will be opened where you will get the registration and login form.
- If you are already registered for SSC Exams, then fill in the login details to apply for SSC GD Constable. But if you are not registered, then first you need to fill the registration form.
- After login, go to “Apply Now” and fill in all the required details i.e Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Education Qualification, Address, educational qualifications, and all the degrees you hold, etc.
- After that Fill in your communication address and Upload your Photo and signature.
- Before submitting the form, preview your details.
- Once you submit the form, the next step is to pay your fee. The application fee is acceptable in online and offline modes.
- Pay your fee through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking/E-Challan if applicable.
- Click on submit and Your form will be submitted successfully.
- Your Online SSC GD Constable 2021 application process is completed and you can take the print out of the application form for further use.
Important Instructions to Candidates
Before applying, candidates are advised to go through the instructions carefully
- The Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, the candidature will be accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, physical standards, etc., and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the post(s) before applying. Copies of supporting documents will be sought at the time of document verification. When scrutiny is undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be canceled and the Commission’s decision shall be final.
- Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD/ExS must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice. They should also have the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim.
- Candidates with a physical disability of 40% and more only would be considered as Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and entitled to reservation for Persons with Disabilities.
- Central Government Civilian Employees claiming age relaxation should produce a certificate in the prescribed format from their office at the time of document verification in respect of the length of continuous service which should be for not less than three years during the period immediately preceding the closing date for receipt of application. They should remain Central Government civilian employees till the time of appointment in the event of their selection.
- Fee payable: Rupees one hundred only (Rs.100/-) payable through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, MasterCard, or Maestro Credit/ Debit card. The fee is exempted for all Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation.
- The fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. The fee paid more than once for the same applications with service charges etc. will also not be refunded.
- Candidates should note down and retain ‘Registration-ID’ and ‘Password’ provided to them while making ‘One-Time Registration’ which is required for filling online application.
- When the application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted ‘Provisionally’. Candidates should take the printout of the application form for their own records. A printout of the ‘Application Form’ is not required to be submitted to the Commission at any stage.
- Only one online application is allowed to be submitted by a candidate for General Duty Constable Examination-2018. Therefore, the candidates are advised to exercise due diligence at the time of filling their application forms. In case, more than one application of a candidate is detected, the Commission will consider the latest application. If a candidate submits multiple applications and appears in the examination (at any stage) more than once, his/ her candidature will be canceled and he/ she will be debarred from the examinations of the Commission for three years.
- The candidates must write their name, date of birth, father’s name, and mother’s name strictly as given in the matriculation certificate otherwise their candidature may be canceled at the time of document verification or as and when comes into the notice of the commission.
- Applications with illegible/ blurred Photograph/ Signature will be rejected summarily.
- Request for change/ correction in any particulars in the Application Form, once submitted, will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidates are advised to fill their correct and active e-mail addresses and mobile numbers in the online application as correspondence may be made by the Commission through e-mail/ SMS.
- The candidates must carry at least one latest photo-bearing identification proof such as a Driving License, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, Identity Card issued by University/ College, Income Tax Pan Card, etc in original to the Examination Venue, failing which they shall not be allowed to appear for the same.
- Mobiles and other electronic gadgets including Bluetooth devices are banned within the premises of the examination centres. Possession of such equipment whether in use or switch off mode, during the examination will be considered as the use of unfair means. The candidature of such candidates will be cancelled. They will be liable for further action including initiation of criminal proceedings and debarment from the commission’s examination up to 3 (three) years, as may be decided by the commission.
- In case of Fake/ fabricated application/ registration by misusing any dignitaries name/ photo, such candidate/ cyber cafe will be held responsible for the same and liable for suitable legal action under the cyber/ IT act.
- lAA the posts carry All India Service Liability (AISL) i.e. the candidate, on selection, may be asked to serve anywhere in the country.
SSC GD Constable Admit Card 2021
SSC will release the GD Constable Admit Card after the application process is over. The expected date is generally 10-15 days before the exam date, which means the tentative date could be towards the end of July 2021.