SSC GD Constable 2020 Notification: SSC is going to release the SSC GD Constable notification after a few month, SSC has released the new exam dates for different exams, but there is no dates for GD Constable exam dates. Candidates have to wait for more to know the notification date, exam dates and other updates of SSC GD Constable 2020. SSC is going to release the dates after the situation get into control generated after the COVID-19 spread. Candidates can go through this article to check eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and all the important information regarding SSC GD Constable 2020.
SSC GD Constable Notification
A lot of candidates are eagerly waiting for the SSC GD Constable 2020. After almost two years students are getting a ray of hope from SSC, as SSC is working thoroughly to get things right after delay of almost one year. But the whole process of government jobs have met the road block after COVID-19 situation. SSC has started the working after government has allowed some relaxation in work force. SSC Constable 2020 Recruitment notice is a much-awaited one. SSC conduct the Ground Duty (GD) exam for the post of Constable in different Central Police Organization.
Important Dates of SSC GD Constable
|Important Dates of SSC GD Constable|
|SSC GD Constable Notification Date||Available Soon|
|Online Form submission Start||Available Soon|
|Last Date to Submit Application||Available Soon|
|Admit Card||To be Notified Soon|
|Result Date||To be Notified Soon|
SSC GD Constable 2020: Eligibility Criteria
All the aspiring candidates of SSC Constable 2020 have to abide by all the Eligibility Criteria Decided by the Commission.
- Candidate of SSC GD must be Citizen of either India or Nepal or Bhutan. If a candidate is the citizen of Nepal or Bhutan shall have a Certificate of Eligibility issued by the Government of India in favour of him/her.
- Educational/Technical Qualification & Experience:– If the candidate have 12th passed certificate from any recognized Board/ University then he/she is eligible for SSC GD Exam 2020.
- Age Limit: Age limit for the post of Constable Male is 18-21 years and for the Female is 18-25 years.
- Age Relaxation: As per government guidelines age relaxation in SSC GD Constable is given in table below:
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
- SSC GD Constable 2020 Application Fee: The Application Fee for SSC GD Constable as per the categories is given below:
- SSC GD Physical Eligibility
SSC GD Physical Eligibility (Male Candidates)
|Category of Candidates||Height (in cms)||Chest (in cms)|
|Un-expended||Expended (Min of 4 cms)|
|Only GENERAL/ OBC||170||81||85|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||170||81||85|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||165||76||80|
|Residents of hill areas i.e. Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kashmir and Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K.||165||76||80|
|Sons of serving, deceased, retired police personnel/ Multi-Tasking Staff (Formerly group ‘D’ employees) of Delhi Police.||165||76||80|
SSC GD Physical Eligibility (Female Candidates)
|Only GENERAL/ OBC||157||–||–|
|Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST)||155||–||–|
|Residents of hill areas i.e. Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to states of Sikkim, 155 – – 11 Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kashmir and Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K.||155||–||–|
|Daughters of serving, deceased, retired police personnel/ Multi-Tasking Staff (Formerly group ‘D’ employees) of Delhi Police.||152||–||–|
For all male candidates including Ex-servicemen and departmental candidates (age-wise), SSC GD Physical Endurance Test (qualifying) for the post of Constable will be as under: –
|5 KMs||24 Minutes|
|1 Mile for Ladakh Region||6 ½ Minutes|
For all female candidates including departmental candidates (age-wise), SSC GD physical standards will be as under:
|1.6 KMs||8 ½ Minutes|
|800 Metres for Ladakh Region||4 Minutes|
- SSC GD Constable 2020 Application Fee: The Application Fee for SSC GD Constable as per the categories is given below:
SSC GD Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern of SSC Constable 2020 is explained in the tables below. SSC Constable 2020 comprises of three Tiers. Tier-I is mainly screening and scoring exams.
|Tier||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Stage-I||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Stage-II||Physical Endurance Test/ Physical Standard Test||Physical Test|
|Medical Examination||Medical Examination of Candidates at||Medical Test|
SSC GD Constable 2020 Document Verification
All the candidates qualified for Document Verification are required to come for Document Verification. Those who fail to do so will not be considered for any post at the time of final selection. Candidates will have to submit copies of various documents like Matriculation Certificate, educational qualification, caste certificate, relevant document, if any relaxation is taken, etc. Candidates will be required to produce all documents in original for verification at the time of document verification. Information about the required documents will be provided while calling candidates for DV. Detailed options for posts will be taken either online or at the time of document verification.
Syllabus of SSC GD Constable
SSC GD Constable Paper comprises four Sections/Subjects that are mentioned below:
- General Knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Reasoning
- English Comprehension
Let’s have a look at the detailed syllabus of all these 4 sections:
|General Reasoning||General Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Verbal Reasoning||Current Affairs||Percentage||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Awards and Honours||Number Series||Grammar|
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Books and Authors||Data Interpretation||Vocabulary|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Sports||Mensuration and Geometry||Verbal Ability|
|Double Lineup||Entertainment||Quadratic Equation||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Scheduling||Obituaries||Interest||Active and Passive Voice|
|Input Output||Important Dates||Problems of Ages||Para Jumbles|
|Blood Relations||Scientific Research||Profit and Loss||Fill in the Blanks|
|Directions and Distances||Static General Knowledge
(History, Geography, etc.)
|Ratio and Proportions &
Mixture and Alligation
|Ordering and Ranking||Portfolios||Speed, Distance and Time||Cloze Test|
|Data Sufficiency||Persons in News||Time and Work|
|Coding and Decoding||Important Schemes||Number System|
|Code Inequalities||Data Sufficiency|
Prerequisites for SSC GD Constable 2020 Application Form:
Important things which you should keep with you while filling the Application Form:
- Scanned copy of your Signature ( 1kb < Size < 12 kb ) in JPG format.
- Scanned copy of your Photo ( 4 kb < Size < 20kb ) in JPG format.
- You should have a valid E-Mail I.D with you which can be used for registration purposes.
- You should have a valid Identity Proof with you.
Online Application Form of SSC Constable
- Eligible and interested candidates may apply online for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2020. The link for the online application will be active soon.
SSC GD Constable 2020 Online Application 2020[Link Inactive]
Note: The Online Application Form link will be active once it is released by the commission.
Instructions to fill SSC GD Constable Application Form 2020
- Click on the link mentioned above and you will be redirected to the SSC official site directly.
- A page will be opened where you will get the registration and login form.
- If you are already registered for SSC Exams, then fill the login details to apply for SSC GD Constable. But if you are not registered, then first you need to fill the registration form.
- After login, go to “Apply Now” and fill all the required details i.e Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Education Qualification, Address, educational qualifications and all the degrees you hold, etc.
- After that Fill in your communication address and Upload your Photo and signature.
- Before submitting the form, preview your details.
- Once you submit the form, the next step is to pay your fee. The application fee is acceptable in online and offline modes.
- Pay your fee through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking/E-Challan if applicable.
- Click on submit and Your form will be submitted successfully.
- Your Online SSC GD Constable 2020 application process is completed and you can take print out of the application form for further use.
Important Instructions to Candidates
BEFORE APPLYING, CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO GO THROUGH THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN HERE, VERY CAREFULLY.
- The Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, candidature will be accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, physical standards etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the post(s) before applying. Copies of supporting documents will be sought at the time of document verification. When scrutiny is undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled and the Commission’s decision shall be final.
- Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD/ExS must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim.
- Candidates with physical disability of 40% and more only would be considered as Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and entitled to reservation for Persons with Disabilities.
- Central Government Civilian Employees claiming age relaxation should produce a certificate in the prescribed format from their office at the time of document verification in respect of the length of continuous service which should be for not less than three years during the period immediately preceding the closing date for receipt of application. They should remain Central Government civilian employees till the time of appointment in the event of their selection.
- Fee payable: Rupees one hundred only (Rs.100/-) payable through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, MasterCard or Maestro Credit/ Debit card. Fee is exempted for all Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Fee paid more than once for the same applications with service charge etc. will also not be refunded.
- Candidate should note down and retain ‘Registration-ID’ and ‘Password’ provided to them while making ‘One-Time Registration’ which is required for filling online application.
- When application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted ‘Provisionally’. Candidate should take printout of the application form for their own records. Printout of the ‘Application Form’ is not required to be submitted to the Commission at any stage.
- Only one online application is allowed to be submitted by a candidate for Ground Duty Constable Examination-2018. Therefore, the candidates are advised to exercise due diligence at the time of filling their application forms. In case, more than one applications of a candidate are detected, the Commission will consider latest application. If a candidate submits multiple applications and appears in the examination (at any stage) more than once, his/ her candidature will be cancelled and he/ she will be debarred from the examinations of the Commission for three years.
- The candidates must write their name, date of birth, father’s name and mother’s name strictly as given in the matriculation certificate otherwise their candidature may be cancelled at the time of document verification or as and when comes into the notice of the commission.
- Applications with illegible/ blurred Photograph/ Signature will be rejected summarily.
- Request for change/ correction in any particulars in the Application Form, once submitted, will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidates are advised to fill their correct and active e-mail addresses and mobile number in the online application as correspondence may be made by the Commission through e-mail/ SMS.
- The candidates must carry at least one latest photo bearing identification proof such as Driving License, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, Identity Card issued by University/ College, Income Tax Pan Card, etc in original to the Examination Venue, failing which they shall not be allowed to appear for the same.
- Mobiles and other electronic gadgets including Bluetooth devices are banned within the premises of the examination centers. Possession of such equipment whether in use or in switch off mode, during the examination will be considered as use of unfair means. Candidature of such candidates will be cancelled. They will be liable for further action including initiation of criminal proceedings and debarment from commission’s examination up to 3 (three) years, as may be decided by the commission.
- In case of Fake/ fabricated application/ registration by misusing any dignitaries name/ photo, such candidate/ cyber cafe will be held responsible for the same and liable for suitable legal action under cyber/ IT act.
- lAA the posts carry All India Service Liability (AISL) i.e. the candidate, on selection, may be asked to serve anywhere in the country.
SSC GD Constable Admit Card
SSC will release the GD Constable Admit Card after the application process is over. The expected date is generally 10-15 days before the exam date, which means the tentative date could be towards the the end of Januray 2020.
SSC GD Constable Result 2020
- Minimum qualifying marks in SSC GD Constable CBT are as follows:
OBC/ EWS: 25%
All other categories: 20%
- On the basis of their performance in CBT and PET/PST, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in Medical Examination. Candidates, who are successful in Medical Examination, will be called for detailed Document Verification.
- Marks scored by candidates in Computer Based Examination will be normalized by using the formula published by the Commission through Notice No.1-1/2018-P&P-I dated 07-02-2019 and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut off marks.
- Tentative Answer Keys will be placed on the Commission‟s website after the Examination. Candidates may go through the Answer Keys and submit representations, if any within the time limit given by the Commission through on-line modality only, on payment of Rs.100/- per question.
- Any representation regarding Answer Keys received within the time limit fixed by the Commission at the time of uploading of the Answer Keys will be scrutinized before finalizing the Answer Keys and the decision of the Commission in this regard will be final. No representation regarding Answer Keys shall be entertained later.
SSC GD Constable 2020: Centers of CBT Exam
A candidate must indicate the Center(s) in the online Application Form in which he/ she desires to take the examination. Details about the Examination Centers and Regional Offices under whose jurisdiction these Examination Centers are located are as follows:
|Examination Centers &
|SSC Region and
States/ UTs under
the jurisdiction of
|Address of the Regional
Bareilly(3005), Gorakhpur(3007) ,
|Central Region (CR)/
Bihar and Uttar
|Regional Director (CR),
21-23, Lowther Road,
(WB)(4403), Chinsurah (4405),
Sambalpur(4609), Port Blair (4802)
|Eastern Region (ER)/
Sikkim and West
|Regional Director (ER),
1st MSO Building,(8th
|Regional Director (KKR),
Commission, 1st Floor,
“E” Wing, Kendriya
|Dy. Director (MPR),
J-5, Anupam Nagar,
|Northern Region (NR)/
NCT of Delhi,
|Regional Director (NR),
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12,
CGO Complex, Lodhi
Road, New Delhi-110003
Dodda (1009), Hamirpur(1202),
Shimla(1203), Bhathinda (1401),
and Kashmir and
|Dy. Director (NWR),
Block No. 3, Ground
Floor, Kendriya Sadan,
|Southern Region (SR)/
|Regional Director (SR),
Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK
College Road, Chennai,
Nagpur(7205), Nanded (7206),
Dadra and Nagar
Haveli, Daman and
Diu, Goa, Gujarat
|Regional Director (WR),
101, Maharshi Karve
|Regional Director (NER),
Road, P. O. Assam
SSC GD 2020 FAQ’s
Q 1. When will SSC GD will be released?
Ans. The SSC GD Constable notification will be released after COVID-19 situation get into control.
Q 2. What is the selection procedure for SSC GD?
Ans. There will be written exam, physical test and medical test.
Q 3. I am a graduate can I apply for SSC GD?
Ans. Yes, any one having 10th standard degree can apply for the post.
Q 4. Can final year students apply for SSC GD?
Ans. Yes. the board class student can apply for the recruitment.
Q5. Is there any negative marking for SSC GD?
Ans. Yes, there is a negative marking for every wrong answer in SSC GD.