OSSTET Syllabus 2022: Board of Secondary Education (BSE), Odisha has released the official notification for the 2nd phase of the Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET) 2022 on the official website. All candidates who want to give this exam must start their preparation with the OSSTET Syllabus & Exam Pattern Paper 1 and Paper 2.
OSSTET Syllabus help us to understand the exam pattern & difficulty level of question asked in the exam. All candidates have started to prepare for OSSTET 2022 examination. Candidates must be aware of the OSSTET 2022 Syllabus and exam pattern before starting their preparation. It will help you to plan their timetable and strategy in the most effective way subject-wise.
OSSTET Syllabus 2022 Highlights
OSSTET 2022 or Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test has been released on official website. Candidate must check all the details of OSSTET 2022 examination before applying for OSSTET Application Form. All the appearing candidate should follow this article for Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test OSSTET exam related updates.
|Exam Name||Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test or OSSTET|
|Exam Conducting Body||Board of Secondary Education, Odisha (BSEO)|
|Post Detail||Secondary Teachers|
|Section||OSSTET Syllabus and Exam Pattern|
|Post||TGT (Science – PCM/ CBZ), TGT Arts, Hindi Teacher, Classical Teacher – Urdu/Telugu/Sanskrit, Physical Education|
|Medium of Papers||English|
|Mode of the Exam||Offline|
|OSSTET Official Website||bseodisha.nic.in|
OSSTET Syllabus & Exam Pattern
OSSTET Syllabus & Exam Pattern has been released by BSE. Odisha on their official website. Candidate who are applying for OSSTET 2022 exam must check all the details related to OSSTET Exam Pattern and syllabus. The exam pattern for OSSTET 2022 exam has been given for various papers i.e. TGT CBZ/PCM, TGT Science. TGT Arts, Hindi/Telegu/ Urdu/ Sanskrit Teacher, Physical Education Teacher.
|OSSTET Paper 1 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
|TGT CBZ/PCM||TGT Science||TGT Arts||Hindi/Telegu/ Urdu/ Sanskrit Teacher||Number of questions||Marks allotted|
|Language I (Odia)||20||20|
|Language II (English)||20||20|
|Child Development, Pedagogy, School Management & Evaluation||50||50|
OSSTET Syllabus & Exam Pattern For Paper 2
|OSSTET Paper 2 Syllabus and Exam Pattern – Physical Education Teacher
|Section||Subject Area||No. of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|I||Language – I MIL (Odia)||20||20|
|II||Language – II (English)||20||20|
|III||Contents of C.P.Ed. and B.P.Ed. Course||60||60|
|IV||Child Development, Pedagogy, School Management, and Evaluation||50||50|
Child Development, Pedagogy, School Management And Evaluation (50 Marks)
This section shall comprise of the different subjects taught under the B.Ed. program. The total marks for this section shall be 50 and the questions shall cover all the components with proportional weightage to each section. Section IV is compulsory for all candidates appearing in the Paper – I examination.
OSSTET Syllabus 2022 Paper I
- Growth and Development
- Concept and Principles of Development
- Difference between growth and development
- Factors influencing development (Nutrition, Intelligence, Psychosocial, Heredity, environment, diseases, injury, Siblings & peers)
- Theories of development
- Cognitive development theories of Piaget
- Language development theories of Noam Chomsky)
- Social development theories of Erikson
- Moral development theories of Kohlberg
- Developmental characteristics during childhood ( Physical, Social, Cognitive, and emotional)
- Needs and problems at Childhood and adolescence
- Approaches to Understanding the Nature of Intelligence
- Psychometric approach (Guilford, Gardner, Thurstone)
- Information Processing Approach – Sternberg
- Social Constructivist Approach – Vygotsky
- Addressing Problems of Adolescence
- Role of Teachers, Parents, and Community
- Development of Self – concept of adolescents
- Counseling Services for the adolescents
Learning Process / Pedagogy
- Understanding the Learning Process
- Learning as a process and as an outcome
- Relevance & applicability of theoretical perspectives on learning – Humanistic (Karl Rogers), Constructivist (Piaget and Vygotsky)
- Basic Conditions of learning – Readiness, Maturation, Motivation, Maturation, Attention, Task and Methods.
- Organizing Learning
Characteristics and Process of
- Teacher – centric
- Learner – centric
- Learning – centric
- Critical Pedagogy
- Concept, Characteristics, Stages & approaches of Critical Pedagogy
- Addressing Classroom Diversity
- Using varieties of TLMs
- Using Context of the learner
- Using Variety of activities while group learning, small group learning, and independent learning
- Adopting curriculum to the needs of children with special needs multilingual education.
Educational (School) Management
- Educational Management.
- Concept, Scope, Importance, and Types – -Centralized and decentralized, Democratic & Autocratic
- Structure at National, State, District, and Sub-district (BRCCs, CRCs, SMCs, SMDC) and their roles.
- Management Structure at different levels
- Subdistricts (BRCs, CRCs, SMCs, SMDC)
- School Development Plan (SDP)
- Meaning, Importance, Purpose
- Key Actions – Headmaster, Teachers, Students, Parents & SMDC)
- School-Based Management (SBM)
- Concept, Importance, Scope, and Process
- Objectives of SBM
- Resource management – Sources, Utilization & Mobilization
- Infrastructural resources
- Financial Resources
- Human resources
- Community resources
Assessing The Learner / Performance (Evaluation)
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Assessment and evaluation in a constructivists perspective
- Concept, Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation, Formative, Summative and Diagnostic Assessment
- Assessment and Learning
- Assessment of learning, Assessment for Learning, Assessment as Learning
- Subject-based learning from a constructivist perspective
- Assessment tools and techniques – Projects, Assignments, observation, Teacher made Tests
- Self – Assessment, Peer – Assessment
- Portfolios, Rubrics
- Test Construction
- Steps and principles of Test Construction
- Development of blueprint
- Preparation of test items
- Recent Developments in Assessment
- Assessment in the co-scholastic area
- Implementation strategy of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation
- Recommendations of NCF – 2005
OSSTET Syllabus 2022 PDF
The direct Link to downloads for OSSTET 2022 Syllabus and Exam pattern PDF has been given below. Candidates can download OSSTET Syllabus for Paper 1 and Paper 2 Subject wise from the below links
|I||Language – I MIL (Odia)||Download Syllabus of OSSTET- MIL ODIA|
|II||Language – II (English)||Download Syllabus of OSSTET- MIL English|
|Math and Science||Download Syllabus of OSSTET- Math, and Science|
|Social Studies||Download Syllabus of OSSTET- Social Studies|
|Language||Download Syllabus of OSSTET- Language|
|IV||Child Development, Pedagogy, School Management, and Evaluation||Download Syllabus of OSSTET- Child Development|
|Paper 2||PET||Download Syllabus of OSSTET- PET|
OSSTET Syllabus 2022: FAQs
Q. What is the qualifying percentage in the OSSTET exam?
A: Candidates have to score at least 45% in their respective subject to qualify OSSTET exam.
Q. What is the validity period of the OSSTET Exam?
Ans. The OSSTET Pass Certificate shall remain valid till the candidate reaches the upper age limit prescribed for recruitment of teachers as per rules or executive instructions prescribed by the Govt. from time to time
Q. How many times can a candidate apply for OSSTET Exam?
Ans. The candidate has no restriction on the number of attempts can take for acquiring the OSSTET Pass certificate.
Q. What will be the total marks for OSSTET Exam?
Ans. The total marks for OSSTET Exam are 150 marks
Q. Is Odia Language compulsory in OSSTET Exam?
Ans. Yes, ODIA is 1st MIL for OSSTET Exam
|OSSTET 2022 Notification Out: Application Form, Exam Dates, Vacancy|
|OSSTET Previous Year Question Paper||OSSTET Final Answer Key 2022|
|OSSTET Result 2022|