Best Books For CTET 2021
Every competitive exam requires a great deal of preparation, dedication and determination. CTET or Central Teacher Eligibility Test is one such national level competitive exam. And the first step for preparing for any examination is choosing the right book to read. A book lays the foundation for the preparation of any candidate. Thus, careful selection of the books is of paramount importance. Read on to know how to select the best books for CTET preparation and our top recommendations.
What is CTET?
CTET or Central Teacher Eligibility Test is a national level competitive exam for aspiring candidates who want to become teachers in government schools. CTET is an eligibility test by the CBSE or Central Board for Secondary Education. CTET is conducted twice a year to ascertain the eligibility of the candidates aspiring for jobs in government schools for classes 1 to 8. Every year, lakhs of candidates appear for CTET to give their best shot at the national level eligibility test. The difficulty level of the examination can be determined by the number of candidates appearing every year for the same. Thus, preparation for the examination in an effective, efficient and accurate manner is of paramount importance. Candidates have to select books with proper consideration and carefulness.
How to select the Best Books for CTET 2021 Preparation
Candidates should keep some importance in mind before they consider buying books for the CTET Exam 2021. They are:
- Candidates should check the year of publication of the book before buying it.
- Candidates should try to find books that are written in easy to comprehend language. This will help them to understand the concepts easily and effectively.
- Candidates should check the index and content of the book they plan to read. Always remember to not judge by its cover. No matter how attractive the cover or get up of the book, content is the king.
- Study the exam pattern and syllabus before you pick your books on the CTET. Once you have an idea of what to read, you will be able to pick the right book for you.
- Books with previous year’s papers and mock questions are preferable. So that you can practice the question papers and analyse your preparation.
Best Books For CTET 2021: Suggested by Expert
Following are some of the books that will help you prepare for the CTET Examination:
- A Comprehensive Guide for CTET Paper-II – Mathematics & Science (English Edition) By Adda247
- A Comprehensive Guide for TEACHING Exam Paper-I (English Printed Edition)
- A Comprehensive Guide for CTET PAPER-II (Social Science) | English Medium
Salient Features of the Books
- Concepts with Detailed Approach and Examples.
- Exercise Based on the Latest Pattern.
- Basic to Advanced Level Questions with Detailed Solutions.
- 5 Full Length Mocks with Previous Year’s Papers.
Best Books For CTET 2021 (Preparation Tips)
- Candidates have to cover every aspect of the examination to come up with an effective plan to crack the national level examination. Following are some of the tips for candidates to prepare for their CTET examination.
- Go through the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly. A comprehensive understanding of the syllabus and exam pattern allows the candidates to figure out what to cover and how extensively they need to cover those topics and sub-topics. After getting the syllabus and exam pattern candidates must purchase best books for CTET preparation paper 1 and paper 2.
- Candidates should come up with a meticulous routine prepared on an hourly basis. Allocate time to each topic and subtopic based on the strengths and weaknesses of the candidates. For example, if math is your strongest subject and you face problems in science, then you have to dedicate more time to science to strengthen your preparation for the CTET Exam.
- Check out previous year’s question papers. This will allow you to analyze the marks distribution among each topic and the difficulty level of the examination overall.
- Candidates should attempt as many mock tests as possible. Mock tests are a great way to gauge the time constraints and speed up their problem-solving ability.