World Cancer Day 2023 is observed on 4th February every year to raise awareness about the prevention and treatment of cancer. The main aim of World Cancer Day 2023 is to promote the importance of early detection of Cancer as it can exponentially increase the chances of better treatment and curing it.
World Cancer Day History
The French President and the General Director of UNESCO at the World Cancer Summit against Cancer ratified The ‘Charter of Paris Against Cancer’ on 4th February 2000. Hence, to commemorate this day, 4th February was declared World Cancer Day.
World Cancer Day 2023 Significance
World Cancer Day 2023 focuses on uniting people to fight against cancer. People need to be educated on the importance of early detection of Cancer. When cancer is detected early, it helps quick diagnosis and subsequent treatment. However, sometimes people fail to notice the early symptoms due to a lack of awareness and clinical evaluation or checkups. World Cancer Day emphasizes people know the early symptoms of cancer and get themselves checked once they realise they might have the symptoms.
World Cancer Day Theme
The theme for World Cancer Day 2023 is Close the care gap with a special focus on Uniting our voices and taking action. The theme focuses on uniting the voice for the fight against Cancer and collectively taking action against it. People need to encourage others to take care of themselves and adopt a cancer-preventive lifestyle. Moreover, the Theme Close the Care Gap emphasizes providing better and more accessible clinical evaluation and care to people at large.
World Cancer Day Quotes
Here are some quotes for people with cancer and others by cancer survivors. Cancer is a fatal disease but a little ray of hope goes a long way. Down below are some quotes to help you see life in a different light.
- “Cancer opens many doors. One of the most important is your heart.” – Greg Anderson
- “Cancer cannot cripple love, it cannot shatter hope, it cannot conquer the spirit.” – Unknown
- “You can be a victim of cancer or a survivor of cancer. It’s a mindset.” – Dave Pelzer
- “Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.” – Jim Valvano
- “Cancer didn’t bring me to my knees, it brought me to my feet.” – Michael Douglas
- “Cancer is a marathon – you can’t look at the finish line. You take it moment by moment, sometimes breath by breath, other times step by step.” – Sarah Betz Bucciero