UP Primary Teacher Salary
UP TET Teacher Salary in Hand: The UPTET Salary for the UPTET Primary and Upper Primary teachers has been released by the UP Government. The teachers recruited in schools under the UP Government get paid a good UPTET Salary. UPTET Qualified Candidates diligently hustle to grab such opportunities due to the handsome UPTET Salary package. In this article, we will discuss various aspects of the UPTET Salary in detail such as the pay scale and perks associated with the job profile.
UPTET Salary in Hand
The UPTET Salary for 2023 is a widely sought-after topic among candidates aspiring to become Primary and Upper-primary teachers within the schools under the Uttar Pradesh state government. The UPTET exam is organized by the Basic Education Department of Uttar Pradesh. This annual Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET) is conducted at the state level to appoint primary teachers (for classes 1-5) and upper-primary teachers (for classes 6-8). Prospective candidates are highly motivated to succeed in this Uttar Pradesh Government teaching job due to the attractive salary offered after training, coupled with the potential for a permanent job role.
UPTET Salary Per Month
Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET) is a state-level eligibility test conducted every year for selecting teachers for the primary (Classes 1 to 5) and Upper Primary (Classes 6 to 8 ) level classes of government schools in UP. For selecting a government job in Uttar Pradesh, a candidate has to pass the UPTET exam as minimum eligibility criteria. The UPTET Salary is Rs. 9300-34800 with a Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/- provided for UPTET teachers and Rs. 9300-34800 with a Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/- provided for UPTET Upper Teacher.
This is the best opportunity for candidates who want to take their teaching career forward to higher levels in Uttar Pradesh. It is the mandatory test to qualify to get into the recruitment procedure for the post of teacher. The UPTET Exam 2023 Notification will be released soon.
UPTET Teacher Salary Structure
As UP Government has followed the salary structure of the 7th Pay Commission and the government has passed the approval for an increment in the pay scale of teachers. After the 7th Pay Commission, the pay scale for a primary teacher has increased to Rs. 35400 approx. and for upper primary teachers Rs. 40000.
|UPTET Teacher Salary Structure|
|Salary Components||Primary Teacher||Upper Primary Teacher|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 9300 to 35400||Rs. 9300 to 44900|
|Grade Pay||Rs 4200||Rs 4600|
|Pay Scale (as per 7th pay commission)||Rs. 9300-34800||Entry Scale: Rs. 9300-34800|
|House Rent Allowances (HRA)||Rs 3240||Rs 4110|
|Dearness Allowances (DA)||12% of basic pay||12% of basic pay|
|Total Salary (approx)||Rs.37000 (approx.)||Rs 40000 to Rs 45000|
UPTET Salary and Pay Scale
The Basic Salary provided includes pay band and grade up as per the 7th Pay Commission, therefore the basic UPTET salary 2023 is Rs. 9300-34800 with a Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/- provided for primary teachers and Rs. 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/- provided for upper primary teacher. The in-hand salary differs from the location of the school i.e. rural and urban and the only difference comes in the house-rent allowance.
UPTET Teacher Job Profile
UPTET Teacher teaches at 2 levels in schools i.e. 1st level for the primary (Classes 1 to 5) and 2nd level for Upper primary (Classes 6 to 8 ) level classes of government schools in UP. Every teacher must be responsible for a multi-faceted job profile. Some of the elements have given below:
- To focus and educate students on the entire syllabus and also follow the guidelines provided by National Curriculum Framework.
- Work on the lesson plans of the chapters and plan and organize extracurricular activities in the school.
- Make the students aware of the complete information of the syllabus, structure, and curriculum.
- They need to attend the teachers meeting regularly and also the training which will be provided by UP Education Board.
- Assignment, project work, team teaching, and remedial teaching should be planned by the teacher
- They also need to work over the weak part of the students so that they can build better in life.
- Developing student interest in art, craft, games, library, etc.
Benefits For UPTET Teacher
Besides basic pay, the candidates selected for the post of primary and upper primary teacher, are provided with many other allowances and benefits to enjoy their salary. This includes House rent allowance, Dearness Allowance, medical facilities, travel allowance, and many others.
Every month from the salary there is a deduction of GIS and TDS. Every month an amount of Rs 87 is deducted for Group Insurance Scheme and Rs. 500 to 1000 for Tax Deducted at Source. For the new joining TDS will not be deducted, it will be started after a certain period of completion of their services. Therefore, the new per month salary for a primary teacher could be calculated as
Basic Salary + DA + HRA – GIS – TDS= Rs 41000 (approx) per month
Other Benefits of UPTET Teacher
- Job Security: UPTET-qualified teachers have the opportunity to secure permanent teaching positions in government schools in Uttar Pradesh. This provides them with long-term job security and stability.
- Pension and Retirement Benefits: UPTET teachers are entitled to pension and retirement benefits, providing financial security during their post-retirement years.
- Professional Development: UPTET-qualified teachers often have opportunities for professional development and further education, which can enhance their teaching skills and career prospects.
- Holidays and Leave: UPTET teachers are entitled to paid holidays and leave, which allows them to recharge and spend quality time with their families.
- Opportunities for Growth: Depending on their qualifications and experience, UPTET teachers may have opportunities for career advancement, such as promotions to higher positions within the education system.
UPTET Teacher Salary Increment
UPTET Teacher Salary is revised every year and there is an increment in the salary of the candidates for two times in the year, i.e. January and July. it depends on the candidate when they want the increment in their salary.
Stipend During Training Period
In Uttar Pradesh, the pay scale provided to Assistant teachers during their training period is Rs 7300 which will be increased to the pay scale for a permanent teacher after they complete their training period.
UPTET Teacher Growth in Detail
Every job profile consists of progression after some months or years, according to their job profile. So similarly, UPTET Primary and upper primary teachers also have some growth opportunities in the future which are given below:
- Headmaster in primary school: Now it comes to the promotion, so after putting complete efforts into the school, you become headmaster in the primary school. It is a crucial post that gets handled by a responsible and wise person.
- A senior teacher in upper primary school: After the headmaster, you become a senior teacher in the Upper primary school. The Upper primary teacher needs a high level of knowledge for teaching the students. For Upper primary teachers, he can promote to senior-level Teachers with completing eligibility criteria.
- Principal in upper primary school: Thus, the last promotion stage is the principal in the high primary school.
Growth of UPTET Teacher
In case you find the salary appropriate for what you were dreaming of, then hurry to pack up your mind and start preparing for the UP TET exam heading in the upcoming month. You have sufficient time to get yourself prepared for the UPTET exam and grab the opportunity of a better teaching career. So candidates can apply for government UP assistant teacher jobs after qualifying UP TET exam.
Candidates preparing for the UPTET Exam 2023 must check out the UPTET Salary 2023 to gauge the career prospects, growth, and other essential factors that need to be understood before applying for a job. In the above article, candidates will find detailed information on the UPTET Salary 2023 along with allowances, growth opportunities, probation, and so on.