UGC NET (University Grant Commission – National Eligibility Test) is a national-level examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). This examination scrutinizes the eligibility of the aspirants for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) & the Assistant professor or only for NET- Assistant Professor. NTA UGC NET December 2023 will be released soon on official website. Therefore, the candidates start their preparation and Adda247 brings to you the strategy for preparing and clearing the UGC NET Exam 2023.
UGC NET Examination Pattern
The UGC NET Aspirants must go through the UGC NET Exam Pattern 2023 to understand its intricacies. The candidates have to appear for two papers- Paper- I (Common for All) and Paper-II (Subject Concerned).
- UGC NET exam pattern 2023 comprises two papers
- UGC NET Paper I: Total Questions – 50 Questions, Total Marks – 100 marks
- UGC NET Paper-II: Total Questions -100 Questions, Total Marks – 200 marks
- The exam will be conducted in the same session, without any break.
- Paper I is common for all examinations, and applicants can select the Paper-II for specialization from a list of almost 100 subjects.
- Exam nature: Bilingual (English and Hindi)
- Exam mode: Online
- UGC NET Paper I topics: People and Environment, Higher Education System: Governance, Polity, and Administration, Data Interpretation, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Logical Reasoning, Communication, Reasoning (Including Mathematics), Reading Comprehension, Teaching Aptitude, Research Aptitude
- UGC NET Paper II topics: Based on the subject chosen by the applicants.
- UGC NET Passing Criteria: 40% marks in Paper – I and II in each paper
UGC NET Syllabus for the Paper – I
The candidates must have a clear idea about the UGC NET Syllabus for the Paper- (Common for All). In the following, the candidates will find detailed information on the UGC NET Syllabus.
|Reasoning (Including Mathematics)||
|Information and Communication Technology (ICT)||
|Higher Education System: Governance, Polity, and Administration||
|People and Environment||
Strategy for UGC NET Exam preparation
Before you begin the preparation, here we have explained the strategy for UGC NET Exam Preparation Strategy.
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly.
- Create a study schedule and stick to it.
- Gather quality study materials and resources.
- Practice previous years’ question papers and mock tests.
- Focus on strengthening conceptual understanding.
- Take regular breaks to avoid burnout.
- Stay updated with current affairs and developments in your field.
- Form study groups or seek guidance from mentors.
- Revise and review regularly to reinforce your knowledge.
- Stay calm and confident on the day of the exam.
For More Details:
|UGC NET Important Links|
|UGC NET Notification||UGC NET New Syllabus|
|UGC NET Previous Year Papers||UGC NET Teacher Salary|
|UGC NET Admit Card||UGC NET Answer Key|
|How to Prepare UGC NET?||UGC NET Result|