Table of Contents
National Girl Child Day 2023
National Girl Child Day 2023 is celebrated on 24th January 2023 India. National Girl Child Day 2023 is important because it creates awareness of the importance of girl children in our society. This day reflects upon the stark reality of the inequality and discrimination predominant in India against girl children. The focuses on steps to be taken to lessen the hardship of girls in the country.
National Girl Child Day 2023 Meaning
Observing National Girl Child Day 2023 on 24th January is a significant initiative taken by the Government of India to promote the rights of girl children. Their right to education, health, nutrition and to live. National Girl Child Day 2023 also focuses on the killing of girl fetuses in the womb of their mothers as well as female infanticide.
Check This Also: National Voters Day 2023
National Girl Child Day Significance
The significance of National Girl Child Day is to create awareness about the discrimination prevalent in India against the girl child. National Girl Child Day aims to bring change in the mindset, attitude, behaviors and approach towards the girl child in India. This change is expected in individuals to help society change its regressive discriminatory attitude towards the girl child.
National Girl Child Day History
In 2008, the Ministry of Women and Child Development initiated National Girl Child Day 2023 to promote the eradication of the gender discrimination faced by girls in various phases of their lives.
National Girl Child Day 2023 Objective
The main objective of National Girl Child Day 2023 is to promote the welfare of girl children in India. However, there are various factors that need to be taken into consideration which is being emphasized on National Girl Child Day 2023. Read the following section for the other major factors and concerns highlighted on National Girl Child Day 2023.
- To create awareness among people to protect and raise child children with equality in terms of education, health and other opportunities in life.
- To promote the idea of the elimination of any form of discrimination against the child children at home or outside world.
- To accept child children and welcome them into homes and live with respect and love and abandon the evil ideology of killing gild children in the womb and female infanticide.
- To educate people at large about the importance of girl children and the declining sex ratio in India and eventually to change their mindset.
- To create a safe environment for girls to live safely inside and outside their homes.
National Girl Child Day 2023 & Initiative to Protect Girl
There are several schemes have been launched by the Government of India to protect the girl child from discrimination or abuse. Here is a list of some of the initiatives taken by the government to protect girls. Govt of India also supports giving respect and equality to girl child.
- The government has banned the discrimination of sex during pregnancy in clinics in India.
- To promote education and equal opportunity, Government provides free and mandatory education to both boy and girl children till 14 years of age.
- Child marriage is banned in India to protect children from the evil practice of child marriage. Moreover, marrying off a girl child is a punishable offence.
- The government has made laws to protect girl children and women like Anti-Sati, and Anti-MTP.
National Girl Child Day 2023 Theme
The government of India has not officially announced any theme for National Girl Child Day 2023. However, the slogan for the National Girl Child Day 2023 is “ Digital Generation, Our Generation”. This is a very famous quote from National girl child day.