The Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board has released a new notification stating that from now on the B.Ed qualified candidates will be eligible for the DSSSB PRT Exam 2022. Earlier, the B.Ed qualified candidates were not allowed to appear for the DSSSB PRT exams. B.Ed qualification was only mandatory for the DSSSB TGT posts.
However, last year many B. Ed qualified candidates had filed an official complaint against this matter. After proper consideration and review of the matter, the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) of New Delhi had allowed the B.Ed qualified candidates to apply for the PRT posts in the various departments of the Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB).
In the earlier notification, there were no mentions of the Bachelor of Education degree as eligibility criteria for the PRT candidates. In a recent notification, DSSSB has confirmed that in the upcoming DSSSB PRT Recruitment, B.Ed qualified candidates will be able to apply for the post. The candidates with a Graduation Degree with at least 50% marks along with a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) will be qualified for the DSSSB PRT post. Earlier the eligibility criteria for DSSSB PRT Posts included only either of the following educational qualifications:
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2 years Diploma in elementary education (by whatever name known) from a recognised Board
- Senior Secondary ( or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and 2-years Diploma in elementary education (by whatever name known) in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) regulations-2002
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-years Bachelor of elementary education (B.El.Ed)
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2-years Diploma in Education (special education) from a recognised Board
- Graduation and 2-years Diploma in elementary education (by whatever name known) from a recognised Board
The eligibility criteria for the DSSSB PRT Posts includes a Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) Certificated issued by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The candidates must have passed Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu or English as a subject at the Secondary level. Moreover, there is a relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks in the Academic qualifications for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC/PH categories.
Now, the DSSSB will include the B.Ed qualification as one of the eligibility criteria for the DSSSB PRT post in the upcoming recruitment notification. The DSSSB PRT notification 2022 is expected soon. The candidates who could apply for the DSSSB PRT posts due to the earlier eligibility criteria should get ready to apply in the next recruitment cycle. Moreover, they should start their preparation soon to be able to give their best performance in the DSSSB PRT Exam.