Table of Contents
NIPUN Bharat Mission: NIPUN Bharat Mission commonly known as National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy. Ministry of Education launched the National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy (NIPUN) Bharat in July 2021 all over India. NIPUN Bharat Mission has been started to enable all children at the end of Grade 3 to attain foundational skills by the year 2026-2027.
What is NIPUN?
The NIPUN Bharat Mission, short for the National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy, is a comprehensive education initiative launched by the Ministry of Education in India. NIPUN Bharat mission was initiated in July 2021 with the primary goal of ensuring that all children in the country acquire essential reading and numeracy skills by the end of Grade 3, aiming to achieve this objective by the academic year 2026-2027. The NIPUN Bharat mission places a strong emphasis on foundational skills, particularly in the critical areas of reading and mathematics, which are fundamental for a child’s overall educational development.
What is the Full Form of NIPUN Bharat Mission?
The full form of NIPUN Bharat Mission is “National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy Bharat Mission.” NIPUN Bharat Mission is a nationwide effort to enhance literacy and numeracy skills among Indian students, with a specific focus on ensuring that these skills are mastered by the end of Grade 3, thereby paving the way for improved educational outcomes and opportunities for all children in the country.
NIPUN Bharat Mission Features
Here we are going to learn short pointers in overview of Nipun Bharat Mission 2023 .
|Nipun Bharat Mission 2023 Features
|Mission Launched by
|Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education
|National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy (NIPUN)
|age group of 3 to 9 years including pre-school to Grade 3.
|to enable all children at the end of Grade 3 to attain foundational skills by the year 2026-2027.
|Initative Taken Under
|National Education Policy 2020 (NEP 2020)
NIPUN Bharat Full Form
The full form of Nipun Bharat is National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy. The main aim of National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy is to enable all children should know Foundational Literacy and Numeracy(FLN) by the end of Grade 3.
NIPUN Bharat Foundational Literacy and Numeracy(FLN)
National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy is a National Mission on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy(FLN) which refers to child ability to read with meaning and solve basic maths problems by Class 3. NEP 2020 has given highest priority to Foundational Literacy and Numeracy(FLN) which can be figured into Foundational Language and Literacy and Foundational Numeracy.
|Foundational Language and Literacy
|The pre-existing knowledge of language helps in building literacy skills in languages. The key components in Foundational Language and Literacy are
|Foundational Numeracy means the ability to reason and to apply simple numerical concepts in daily life problem solving. The major aspects and components of early mathematics are:
NIPUN Bharat Objective
Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education (MoE) will be the implementing agency for NIPUN Bharat at the national level and will be headed by a Mission Director. Here we are going the objectives of NIPUN Bharat Mission.
- To ensure an inclusive classroom environment by incorporating play, discovery, and activity-based pedagogies, linking it to the daily life situations of the children and formal inclusion of children home languages.
- To enable children to become motivated, independent, and engaged readers and writers with comprehension possessing sustainable reading and writing skills.
- To make children understand the reasoning in the domains of number, measurement, and shapes; and enable them to become independent in problem solving by way of numeracy and spatial understanding skills.
- To ensure availability and effective usage of high-quality and culturally responsive teaching learning material in mother language.
- To focus on continuous capacity building of teachers, head teachers, academic resource persons and education administrators.
- To actively engage with all stakeholders i.e., Teachers, Parents, Students and Community, policy makers for building a strong foundation of lifelong learning.
- To ensure assessment as, of and for learning through portfolios, group and collaborative work, project work, quizzes, role plays, games, oral presentations, short tests, etc.
- To ensure tracking of learning levels of all students.
NIPUN Bharat Mission Benefits
- NIPUN Yojna will emphasizes children Literacy and Numeracy for the age of 3 to 9 years .
- NIPUN Scheme supports students in preschools to class 3.
- Under NIPUN Bharat mission, Children in Class 4 and 5 without a foundational skill and studying will be offered peer support, tutor guidance and additional learning materials to strengthen their educational proficiency.
- NIPUN aims to complete their by private and Government aided schools by 2026-27.
- Learning Goal of Lakshya
NIPUN Bharat Mission
NIPUN Bharat Mission is to create an enabling environment to ensure universal acquisition of foundational literacy and numeracy, so that by 2026-27 every child achieves the desired learning competencies in reading, writing and numeracy at the end of Grade III and not later than Grade V.
Download UGC NET Study Notes PDF
The direct link to download UGC NET Study Notes PDF has been given below.