Kerala SET Syllabus 2023: LBS Centre for Science and Technology has released official notification of the Kerala SET 2023 on official website. Kerala SET examination will be conducted for the post of Higher Secondary School Teachers and Non-Vocational Teachers in VHSE.
LBS Centre for Science and Technology has also released the Kerala SET 2023 Exam Syllabus. Interested candidates should read the examination pattern and syllabus carefully to strengthen their exam preparations. All the relevant and important information about the Kerala SET 2023 Syllabus is discussed in the following article.
LBS Kerala SET Syllabus 2023
The LBS Kerala State Eligibility Test (SET) is a state-level exam conducted by the LBS Centre for Science & Technology to determine eligibility for lectureship and assistant professorship positions in various universities and colleges in Kerala. The LBS Kerala SET Syllabus 2023 covers a wide range of topics across 36 subjects.
The LBS Kerala SET exam is divided into two papers: Paper I and Paper II. LBS Kerala SET Syllabus 2023 Paper I is common for all candidates and covers General Science, Social Science, Kerala Studies, Language and Reasoning, Current Affairs, and Technology. LBS Kerala SET Syllabus 2023 Paper II is subject-specific and covers the syllabus for the chosen subject.
Kerala SET Syllabus 2023
Kerala SET Syllabus Overview
The Kerala SET exam 2023 will be conducted by the LBS Centre for Science and Technology online. For more information on candidates check out the following table.
|Kerala Set Syllabus|
|Name of the Examination||Kerala State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||LBS Centre for Science and Technology|
|Mode of Examination||Online (OMR Sheet)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of Papers||
|Number of Questions||120|
|Time Duration||2 hours|
LBS Kerala SET Syllabus 2023 & New Exam Pattern
The upcoming LBS Kerala SET 2023 Exam is set to be held online, as a Computer Based Test. However, the exact Kerala SET Exam Date 2023 is yet to be announced. Each Paper I & II will include an OMR sheet (Optical Mark Recognition) with 120 MCQs. Both exams will have a duration of 2 hours (120 minutes) each
|Paper||Marks||No. of Questions||Duration of the Exam|
|I||120||120||120 minutes (2 hours)|
|II||120||120||120 minutes (2 hours)|
Kerala SET Syllabus for Paper I
Comprehensive knowledge of the Kerala SET 2023 syllabus will help the candidates to plan for the examination, create a suitable timetable and formulate their study strategy accordingly. Paper I is dedicated to General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude. The Kerala SET syllabus has a total of 6 Parts/units in Paper I. These Parts are focused on General Studies, Language and Reasoning, Current Affairs, Foundations of Education, Teaching, Learning and Evaluation, Communication, Technology Research, and Educational Administration.
- General Science –Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Basics – Class X Level)
- Social Science -Economics, History, Geography and Indian Polity (Basics – Class X Level)
- Humanities- Literature (Classics and Masterpieces of World and Indian Literature), Art (Major art forms of India) and Culture (Life and Society in India)
- Kerala Studies – Social reforms, National Movements, Kerala Model of Development, Literature, Art and Culture
Language and Reasoning
- Comprehension and Vocabulary
- Basic English Grammar
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Numeracy Skills – Pattern Recognition and Orders of Magnitude
- Technology –Inventions, Innovations and Discoveries
- Environmental Issues, Movements, Treaties and Legislations -National and International.
- UN and Global Affairs
- Institutions of Higher Learning and Research, Scholarships and New Initiatives (National and State level )
- Indian Constitution and Politics and Recent Legislation –Right to Information and Right to Education
- Events, Persons and Awards
- Sports and Games
- Culture (Films, Literature, Music and Performing Arts)
Foundations of education
- Philosophical Foundations – educational philosophy, major philosophical systems around the world, value education.
- Sociological Foundations- relation between education and sociology, social functions and impact of education.
- Psychological Foundations- educational psychology, personality, intelligence, social and cognitive development.
- History & policies of Education- history of education in Kerala and India, reports and policies on education.
Teaching, Learning, and Evaluation
- Teaching Aptitude, Administrative aptitude, reflective practices, professional development.
- Teaching Methods- skills, methods, techniques and approaches, teaching and learning resources.
- Learning – theories, application, learner characteristics, learning environment, learner with special needs.
- Evaluation- tools and techniques, continuous evaluation, grading and feedback.
Communication, Technology Research and Educational Administration
- Communication and Education, Basic principles of communication, types of communication.
- Computer and ICT- basic computer knowledge, computer networks and internet, office tools.
- Research in Education- basic aspects of research, types of research, methods, tools and techniques of research.
- Educational Administration- planning and administration at the national and state level, the organisational structure of educational institutions, and school administration.
LBS Kerala SET Syllabus for Paper 2
LBS Kerala SET 2023 is conducted for a total of 36 subjects. It is highly recommended to go through the entire syllabus for the concerned subjects of the candidates, for better understanding. This will help the candidates to effectively formulate a study plan, create timetables and set a suitable routine accordingly. Kerala SET Paper 2 will be held in 36 subjects which are :
- Gandhian studies
- Political science
- Social work
- Home Science
- Islamic history
Important Kerala SET Syllabus Related Points to Remember
- The duration of the exams will be 120 minutes for each paper
- The questions for the exams are objective in nature.
- For each correct answer, the candidate will be awarded 1 mark in both Paper I and Paper II except for mathematics and statistics. There will be 80 questions each carrying 1.5 marks in mathematics and statistics.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
LBS Kerala SET Syllabus PDF
The examination for Kerala SET consists of Paper I and Paper II. Paper-I covers questions on topics of general knowledge and teaching aptitude and is common for candidates. Paper-II cover question on the candidate’s specialization subject at the post-graduate level. Candidates can Download the Kerala SET Syllabus PDF from the link below.
|Bio Technology||Download PDF|
|Other 35 Subjects||Download PDF|
|Kerala SET Notification||Kerala SET Previous Year Paper|
|Kerala SET Syllabus|