Kerala SET Syllabus: LBS Centre for Science and Technology has released the notification of the Kerala SET online application form on 19th October 2021. The last date for the submission of the application is 30th October 2021. This examination will be conducted for the post of Higher Secondary School Teachers and Non-Vocational Teachers in VHSE. LBS Centre for Science and Technology has also released the Kerala SET 2022 Exam Syllabus. Interested candidates should read the examination pattern and syllabus carefully to strengthen their exam preparations. All the relevant and important information about the Kerala SET 2022 Syllabus is discussed in the following article.
Kerala SET Syllabus 2022 Overview
|Name of the Examination||Kerala State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||LBS Centre for Science and Technology|
|Mode of Examination||Online (OMR Sheet)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of Papers||
|Number of Questions||120|
|Time Duration||2 hours|
Kerala SET Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern
Kerala SET 2022 Exam will be conducted in online mode (Computer Based Test). Candidates will be provided with an OMR sheet (Optical Mark Recognition) with 120 MCQs for each Paper I & II. The duration for both the exams will be 120 minutes each (2 Hours).
|Paper||Marks||No. of Questions||Duration of the Exam|
|I||120||120||120 minutes (2 hours)|
|II||120||120*||120 minutes (2 hours)|
*Except for Mathematics and Statistics. There will be only 80 questions each carrying 1.5 marks.
Kerala SET Syllabus 2022 for Paper I
Comprehensive knowledge of Kerala SET 2022 syllabus will help the candidates to plan for the examination, create suitable timetable and formulate their study strategy accordingly. The Paper I is dedicated to General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude. The Kerala SET syllabus has a total 6 Parts/units in Paper I. These Parts are focused on General Studies, Language and Reasoning, Current Affairs, Foundations of education, Teaching, Learning and Evaluation, and Communication, Technology Research and Educational Administration.
- General Science –Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Basics – Class X Level)
- Social Science -Economics, History, Geography and Indian Polity (Basics – Class X Level)
- Humanities- Literature (Classics and Masterpieces of World and Indian Literature), Art (Major art forms of India) and Culture (Life and Society in India)
- Kerala Studies – Social reforms, National Movements, Kerala Model of Development, Literature, Art and Culture
Language and Reasoning
- Comprehension and Vocabulary
- Basic English Grammar
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Numeracy Skills – Pattern Recognition and Orders of Magnitude
- Technology –Inventions, Innovations and Discoveries
- Environmental Issues, Movements, Treaties and Legislations -National and International.
- UN and Global Affairs
- Institutions of Higher Learning and Research, Scholarships and New Initiatives (National and State level )
- Indian Constitution and Politics and Recent Legislations –Right to Information and Right to Education
- Events, Persons and Awards
- Sports and Games
- Culture (Films, Literature, Music and Performing Arts)
Foundations of education
- Philosophical Foundations – educational philosophy, major philosophical systems around the world, value education.
- Sociological Foundations- relation between education and sociology, social functions and impact of education.
- Psychological Foundations- educational psychology, personality, intelligence, social and cognitive development.
- History & policies of Education- history of education in Kerala and India, reports and polies on education.
Teaching, Learning and Evaluation
- Teaching Aptitude, Administrative aptitude, reflective practices, professional development.
- Teaching Methods- skills, methods, techniques and approaches, teaching and learning resources.
- Learning – theories, application, learner characteristics, learning environment, learner with special needs.
- Evaluation- tools and techniques, continuous evaluation, grading and feedback.
Communication, Technology Research and Educational Administration
- Communication and Education, Basic principles of communication, types of communication.
- Computer and ICT- basic computer knowledge, computer networks and internet, office tools.
- Research in Education- basic aspects of research, types of research, methods, tools and techniques of research.
- Educational Administration- planning and administration at national and state level, organisational structure of educational institutions, school administration.
Kerala SET Syllabus 2022 for Paper II
Kerala SET 2022 is conducted for a total of 36 subjects. It is highly recommended to go through the entire syllabus for the concerned subjects of the candidates, for better understanding. This will help the candidates to effectively formulate a study plan, create timetables and set a suitable routine accordingly.
All the subjects available for Paper II
- Gandhian studies
- Political science
- Social work
- Home science
- Islamic history
Important Exam Related Points to Remember:
- The duration of the exams will be 120 minutes for each paper
- The questions for the exams are objective in nature.
- For each correct answer, the candidate will be awarded with 1 mark in both the Paper I and Paper II except for mathematics and statistics. There will be 80 questions each carrying 1.5 marks in mathematics and statistics.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
Kerala SET Syllabus PDF
The examination for Kerala SET consists of Paper-I and Paper-II. Paper-I cover questions on topics of general knowledge and teaching aptitude and is common for candidates. Paper-II cover question on candidate’s specialization subject at the post-graduate level. Candidates can Download the Kerala SET Syllabus PDF from the link below:
|Kerala SET Syllabus PDF||Kerala SET Syllabus of Biotechnology|
Q. How many papers are there to be attempted in Kerala SET 2022?
A. There are two papers for Kerala SET 2022 Exam- Paper I and Paper-II.
Q. What is the mode of the examination for the Kerala SET 2022 Exam?
A. The Kerala SET exam is conducted online (Computer Based Test).