PCS Full Form
PCS stands for Provincial Civil Service in its entire form. PCS is a state-level civil service that falls under Group A and Group B of the executive branch of the Government of Uttar Pradesh’s state service. This is a multi-tiered exam used to choose employees for the state civil service. The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission is in charge of this (UPPSC). Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Examination is the name of the notice for PCS.
Read About: IRS Full Form
PCS Full Form in Hindi ( PCS ka full form )
पीसीएस का फुल फॉर्म में Provincial Civil Service(प्रांतीय सिविल सेवा) है। पीसीएस एक राज्य स्तरीय सिविल सेवा है जो उत्तर प्रदेश सरकार की राज्य सेवा की कार्यकारी शाखा के ग्रुप ए और ग्रुप बी के अंतर्गत आती है। यह एक बहु-स्तरीय परीक्षा है जिसका उपयोग राज्य सिविल सेवा के लिए कर्मचारियों का चयन करने के लिए किया जाता है। उत्तर प्रदेश लोक सेवा आयोग इसका प्रभारी है (UPPSC)। संयुक्त राज्य / उच्च अधीनस्थ सेवा परीक्षा पीसीएस के लिए नोटिस का नाम है।
Read About: IG Full Form
UP PCS Full Form and Eligibility for Provincial Civil Service Exam
- Candidates for PCS must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years old and no older than 40 years old.
- Physical Measurements/Fitness are also required for eligibility for the PCS exam for specific positions, since candidates must undertake medical exams after the interview. Physical measurements are required for posts such as Superintendent of Jail, District Commandant Home Guards, and Excise Inspector, Assistant Conservator of Forests, Range Forest Officer, Dy. Superintendent of Police.
Read About: MD Full Form
PCS: Duties and responsibilities
When posted in field positions such as sub-divisional magistrate, additional city magistrate, or city magistrate, a PCS officer’s typical responsibilities include:
- Collecting land revenue and acting as a court in matters of revenue and crime (revenue courts and criminal courts of executive magistrate).
- Maintaining law and order, and implementing Union and State Government policies at the grass-roots level. And to function as a government agent on the ground, i.e. to operate as a go-between for the public and the government.
- Consultation with the minister-in-charge, additional chief secretary/principal secretary, and secretary of the concerned department.
- Handle the administration and everyday operations of the government, including policy formation and implementation.
Read About: USB Full Form
PCS: Political Influence
Directly recruited IAS officers frequently allege that promotee IAS officers are given priority in field postings because of their contact with politicians, which they develop over the course of their two decades of service. Many politicians are accused of appointing ‘their men’ as divisional commissioners and district magistrates because the state government is frequently dominated by regional parties.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has also begun an investigation into the recruitment of PCS officials by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) beginning in 2012.
Read About: RTF (Right to Freedom) Full Form
PCS: Case of corruption
The state government had suspended two PCS employees for a purported land scam worth Rs. 26 crores, in 2019. The Income Tax Department raided the home of Vimal Kumar, a promotee IAS official and former district magistrate and collector of Ghaziabad. P. C. Gupta, an IAS officer promoted to CEO of the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority, was arrested for his suspected role in the 126 crore land scam.
|CBSE Full Form||ICSE Full Form|
|CEO Full Form||SOP Full Form|
|AM PM Full Form||ACP Full Form|
What’s the distinction between IAS and PCS?
The fundamental distinction between IAS and PCS is the jurisdiction and government agency for which they operate. The IAS is directly under the control of the Central Government, whereas the PCS is under the control of the State Government.
What does it mean to be PCS eligible?
The PCS test requires the following educational qualifications: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent certification from a recognised university.
Is the PCS exam easier than the IAS exam?
When compared to IAS, PCS is an easy exam.
Is it possible for PCS to become DM?
To become an IAS officer, PCS officers had to go through several promotions. If he is not promoted to IAS rank because of a lack of recommendation, he will be assigned to a post equivalent to DM.
Is PCS a viable career option?
A career in the Provincial Civil Service, or PCS, is one of the most profitable and respected in India. Aside from the monetary rewards of being a PCS officer, serving the country as a government worker is a source of immense pride.