Table of Contents
PCS Full Form
Full Form of PCS: PCS Full form is Provincial Civil Service in its entire form. PCS is a state-level civil service that falls under Group A and Group B of the executive branch of the Government of State service. This is a multi-tiered exam used to choose employees for the state civil service. The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission is in charge of this (UPPSC). Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Examination is the name of the notice for PCS.
Read About: IRS Full Form
Full Form of PCS
The “Full form of PCS” stands for “Provincial Civil Service.” The Provincial Civil Service is a state-level civil service examination conducted by the respective state public service commissions in India. It is an administrative service that recruits officers for various administrative and executive positions within the state government. The officers selected through the PCS examination serve in different departments and play crucial roles in the governance and administration of their respective states.
PCS ka Full form in Hindi- प्रांतीय सिविल सेवा
पीसीएस का फुल फॉर्म में Provincial Civil Service(प्रांतीय सिविल सेवा) है। पीसीएस एक राज्य स्तरीय सिविल सेवा है जो उत्तर प्रदेश सरकार की राज्य सेवा की कार्यकारी शाखा के ग्रुप ए और ग्रुप बी के अंतर्गत आती है। यह एक बहु-स्तरीय परीक्षा है जिसका उपयोग राज्य सिविल सेवा के लिए कर्मचारियों का चयन करने के लिए किया जाता है। उत्तर प्रदेश लोक सेवा आयोग इसका प्रभारी है (UPPSC)। संयुक्त राज्य / उच्च अधीनस्थ सेवा परीक्षा पीसीएस के लिए नोटिस का नाम है।
Read About: IG Full Form
State PCS Full Form and Eligibility for Provincial Civil Service Exam
- Candidates for PCS must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years old and no older than 40 years old.
- Physical Measurements/Fitness are also required for eligibility for the PCS exam for specific positions, since candidates must undertake medical exams after the interview. Physical measurements are required for posts such as Superintendent of Jail, District Commandant Home Guards, and Excise Inspector, Assistant Conservator of Forests, Range Forest Officer, Dy. Superintendent of Police.
Read About: MD Full Form
PCS Officer Post Full Form & Duties
When posted in field positions such as sub-divisional magistrate, additional city magistrate, or city magistrate, a PCS officer’s typical responsibilities include:
- Collecting land revenue and acting as a court in matters of revenue and crime (revenue courts and criminal courts of executive magistrate).
- Maintaining law and order, and implementing Union and State Government policies at the grass-roots level. And to function as a government agent on the ground, i.e. to operate as a go-between for the public and the government.
- Consultation with the minister-in-charge, additional chief secretary/principal secretary, and secretary of the concerned department.
- Handle the administration and everyday operations of the government, including policy formation and implementation.
Read About: USB Full Form
PCS Officer Political Influence
Directly recruited IAS officers frequently allege that promotee IAS officers are given priority in field postings because of their contact with politicians, which they develop over the course of their two decades of service. Many politicians are accused of appointing ‘their men’ as divisional commissioners and district magistrates because the state government is frequently dominated by regional parties.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has also begun an investigation into the recruitment of PCS officials by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) beginning in 2012.
Read About: RTF (Right to Freedom) Full Form
PCS Full form & Case of corruption in PCS Exam
The state government had suspended two PCS employees for a purported land scam worth Rs. 26 crores, in 2019. The Income Tax Department raided the home of Vimal Kumar, a promotee IAS official and former district magistrate and collector of Ghaziabad. P. C. Gupta, an IAS officer promoted to CEO of the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority, was arrested for his suspected role in the 126 crore land scam.
PSC Exam Full Form
The term “PCS exam” can refer to different exams in various contexts, but one common interpretation is “Provincial Civil Services Examination” or “Public Civil Services Examination.” These exams are typically conducted by different state governments in India to recruit candidates for various administrative and civil service positions within the state government.
However, it’s important to note that the exact full form and details of the PCS exam can vary from one state to another in India, as different states may have their own administrative structures and recruitment processes. Therefore, if you are looking for information about a specific PCS exam, it’s recommended to specify the state or region you are interested in for more accurate information.
A PCS (Provincial Civil Service) officer is a government official who works at the provincial or state level in India. The PCS is responsible for various administrative and executive functions within a particular state or province. These officers play a crucial role in the implementation of government policies and programs at the regional level.
The PCS officers are recruited through a competitive examination conducted by the respective state’s public service commission. The recruitment process typically consists of a written examination, followed by an interview or personality test. Once selected, PCS officers are assigned various roles and responsibilities in different government departments and agencies, such as revenue, police, administration, finance, and more, depending on their specialization and the needs of the state government.
The responsibilities of a PCS officer may include:
- Administration: Overseeing the day-to-day functioning of government offices and ensuring the efficient delivery of public services.
- Law and Order: Maintaining law and order within their jurisdiction, often working in coordination with the police department.
- Revenue Collection: Managing revenue collection and land records, including land surveys and land disputes.
- Developmental Projects: Implementing government development schemes and projects in their respective areas.
- Public Welfare: Addressing public grievances and providing assistance to citizens in accessing government services.
- Policy Implementation: Playing a crucial role in the implementation of government policies and programs.
- Supervision: Supervising subordinate staff and ensuring the smooth operation of government offices.
PCS officers are typically divided into various ranks, such as Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Assistant Commissioner, and others, depending on their specialization and the state government’s structure.
It’s important to note that the specific roles and responsibilities of PCS officers may vary from one state to another in India, as each state has its own administrative structure and requirements.
RPSC Full Form
RPSC Full Form is Rajasthan Public Service Commission
|CBSE Full Form
|ICSE Full Form
|CEO Full Form
|SOP Full Form
|AM PM Full Form
|ACP Full Form