JEE Mains Eligibility Criteria 2024: The entire JEE Main eligibility Criteria 2024 was announced at jeemain.nta.nic.in by the National Testing Agency. The JEE Mains 2024 Eligibility Criteria along with the full Information Bulletin has published on November 1st, 2024. Every year, JEE Mains eligibility is published in the JEE Main information bulletin, which includes all of the crucial information, such as age criteria, total attempts, eligibility marks of 10+2, and more. The JEE Main 2024 eligibility criteria are crucial that every applicant must meet to be admitted to colleges that recognize the NTA JEE Main scorecard.
JEE Mains Eligibility Criteria 2024
Only students who pass the JEE-Main 2024 are qualified to take the JEE-Advanced 2024. The JEE-Advanced, which superseded the IIT-JEE, is used to gain admission to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). The JEE-Main, which replaced the AIEEE, is the admissions exam for National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), and other centrally funded technical institutes (CFTIs). Before finishing the JEE Main 2024 registration, candidates should review the details such as educational qualification, Jee Main age limit, nationality, 12th marks, compulsory subjects, and more in the JEE Main eligibility criteria 2024. Candidates who appear in the JEE Main 2024 exam will be disqualified if they are determined to be ineligible according to the JEE Mains 2024 eligibility criteria.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2024 for Freshers
Aspirants can get all the information on the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2024 in Brief here. Candidates are recommended to thoroughly study all of the information provided in this post for their application form to be approved. Candidates who meet the JEE Main 2024 eligibility criteria can be able to register for the exam.
|JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Highlights|
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Foreign nationals, as well as NRIs, PIOs, and OCIs, are eligible to apply.|
Qualifying exam for JEE Main
|Students must have completed their 12th grade or qualified for the exam in 2022 or 2023.
Candidates who will be taking their 12th or equivalent qualifying exams in 2024 may also apply.
JEE Main 2024 age limit
|There is no age limit. Any student who passes the 12th class or its equivalent test in the years 2022 and 2023, or who is taking the exam in 2024, is eligible under JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria|
JEE Main Total attempts
|Students can take the JEE Main exam for 3 years in a row.
(The entrance exam will be given twice in January 2024 and April 2024).
|Subjects||B.E/B.Tech: Applicants must have passed the qualifying exam with Physics, Mathematics, and one of the following subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, or Technical Vocational Subjects.
B.Plan: Applicants must have passed the qualifying test with Maths.
B.Arch: Candidates must have passed the qualifying exam in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
JEE Mains Eligibility Criteria 2024 12th Percentage
JEE Mains 2024 will be held to determine admission to undergraduate (UG) programmes offered by JEE Main 2024 participating institutes. According to recent sources, the Aadhaar card is not required to apply for this exam. Candidates should read the next portion for more information on the JEE Mains eligibility criteria 2024 qualifying exams.
JEE Main Qualifying Exam
- The final exam (10+2 system) is held by any recognised Central/State Board, such as the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in New Delhi, the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (ISCE) in New Delhi, and so on.
- A recognised Board/University administers an intermediate or two-year Pre-University test.
- The final exam of the National Defence Academy’s two-year Joint Services Wing course.
- The National Institute of Open Schooling administers a Senior Secondary School Examination with a minimum of five courses.
- Any public school/board/university examination in India or any foreign country recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as similar to the 10+2 system
- Vocational Examination for the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
- A three-year diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who finished the class 12 (or comparable) test outside of India or from a Board other than those listed above must submit a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) stating that the exam they passed is equivalent to the class 12 exam.
- In the event that the class 12 exam is not a public exam, the candidate must have previously passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) exam.
JEE Mains 2024 Number of Attempts
Individuals who cleared the Class 12/equivalent examination in 2022, 2023, or who are scheduled to take the Class 12/equivalent examination in 2024 are eligible to take the JEE (Main) – 2023.
JEE Mains Age Limit 2024
There is no upper age limit for applicants taking JEE Mains 2024. Candidates may, however, be needed to meet the age limit requirements of the Institute(s) to which they wish to apply.
JEE Mains 2024 Total Attempts
Students are allowed a maximum of three consecutive JEE Main attempts (JEE Main 2024 Attempts). The first attempt is made soon after the Class 12 board exam, and the subsequent tries are made in consecutive years. Because the exam will be held twice a year, a candidate will be able to take it six times.
JEE Mains 2024 Eligibility Criteria for Droppers
Let’s take a look at the JEE Mains 2024 Eligibility Criteria for Droppers.
- Age Limit – For droppers, there is no age limit for JEE Main 2024 eligibility criteria.
- Educational qualification – He or she must have graduated from high school in 2022, 2023, or 2024. For the JEE Main 2024 exam, three attempts are permitted.
- JEE Main score – Students must have a minimum qualifying score in JEE Mains 2024.
- Qualifying Exam – Candidates must have completed at least 5 subjects for their class 12 or qualifying test (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are required).
- All engineering aspirants must meet the JEE Main qualifying criterion for repeaters and Class 12 applicants. Meanwhile, JEE Main serves as an eligibility test for candidates who want to take JEE Advanced. The top 2,50,000 candidates who pass the Main Exam will be permitted to appear JEE Advanced 2024.
JEE Mains State of Eligibility 2024
We have looked into the NTA JEE Main state of eligibility here.
- If a student has completed the 12th class exam or equivalent exam from one state but participated in the improvement/supplementary exam from another, the state code where they took the qualifying examination will be used to determine eligibility.
- The state code of eligibility for JEE Mains is independent of the candidate’s native or domicile area.
- The 12th % required for JEE Mains 2024 or comparable test from NIOS must select the state of eligibility according to the location of the study centre.
- OCI/PIO passing the class 12 exam in India will have the same state code of eligibility as Indian nationals; yet, OCI/PIO passing the 12th class exam from a college/institution overseas will be qualified for other state quota seats or All India quota seats in all NITs, IIITs, and Other-CFTIs (but not for Home State quota seats).
- The State code of eligibility for Indian nationals who have completed class 12th or equivalent from Nepal/Bhutan will be granted based on the permanent address in India as shown in the passport.
|Name of state / UT and their Code|
|Code||Name of State/ UT||Code||Name of State/UT||Code||Name of State/ UT||Code||
Name of State/ UT
|1||Andaman & Nicobar Islands (UT)||11||Goa||21||Maharashtra||31||Tamil Nadu|
|5||Bihar||15||Jammu & Kashmir||25||Nagaland||35||West Bengal|
Foreign/ OCI/ PIO/ Nepal / Bhutan
|8||Dadra & Nagar Haveli (UT)||18||Kerala||28||Punjab|
|9||Daman & Diu (UT)||19||Lakshadweep (UT)||29||Rajasthan|
|10||Delhi (NCT)||20||Madhya Pradesh||30||Sikkim|
JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria for IIITs, NITs, CFTIs
The IIT JEE 2024 test has two parts: JEE Main and JEE Advanced. The National Testing Agency (NTA) administers the first stage, the JEE Main. A number of top applicants are chosen to take the JEE Advanced exam based on their performance in JEE Main. On a rotating basis, one of the IITs administers JEE Advanced. Let’s have a look at the JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria for IIITs, NITs, CFTIs.
- Admission to NITs/IIITs/GFTIs: Students must have passed the 12th class with a minimum of 75% in jee mains 2024 or be in the top 20%ile in their class 12 test (65% for SC/ST students).
- Admission in B.Arch/B.Planning: He/she must have passed a 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized institution.