Who invented Electricity- Inventions Related to Electricity
Electricity is a natural force that was present in nature since its existence. It is called an invention because people were unaware of the word and the phenomenon. It was brought to light by a person, with his experiments, hence it is called an invention. Electricity is not a discovery or an invention, it has been on earth in the form of static electricity such as lighting. In 1660, William Gilbert, an English scientist described the electrification of many subjects and he coined the term Electricity. The term Electricity was derived from the Greek word Amber. In an experiment, around 600 B.C it was shown that rubbing amber makes it a charged substance.
Who invented Electricity and When?- Benjamin Franklin
Benjamin Franklin, born on 17th January 1706 in Boston was a famous American publisher, author, inventor, and scientist. His inventions included a Lightning rod, Bifocals, Glass harmonica, and Franklin stove. Benjamin Franklin was one of the greatest scientists of his time, he is credited for the invention of electricity with his experiments. Many scientists experimented with static electricity but Benjamin Franklin experimented and concluded that electricity has positive and negative elements. He believed that electricity flows between negative and positive elements, and lightning is a form of flowing electricity.
Who invented Electricity by Franklin’s Kite experiment?
In 1752, Franklin performed one of his famous experiments, the kite experiment. The experiment aimed to show that lighting and static electricity are the same things. He took a kite and tied a key with it, he flew the kite during a thunderstorm. He tied the key to conducting electricity through the kite. His observation from the experiment was when the thunder hit the kite, the key worked as a conductor and passed electricity through the string which gave him a mild shock. From this, he proved that static electricity and lighting are the same things and lightning is a form of flowing electricity.
Franklin’s kite experiment gave many other scientists ideas to work on electricity, which led to many inventions in 1879, the electric light bulb was invented by Thomas Eddison and patented. Before this, many scientists also believe that not only William Gilbert but several ancient people have experimented with electricity.
Who Invented Electricity and More inventions Related to Electricity
After the invention of electricity, several scientists were working on finding different aspects of electricity. There were several inventions which are used in modern days and made the work easier for us. As mentioned above, the invention of the Light bulb by Thomas Alva Edison, is one of the greatest inventions for humans. With the help of the light bulb we can produce light and achieve several things, it might sound like a simple term but without light, we won’t be able to do simple things. A few of the inventions are given below.
- Michael Faraday, discovered the fact that electric current can be produced by passing a magnet through copper wire. Today, we are living in such an advanced world but almost all the electricity we use today is produced with magnets and copper wires.
- James Clerk Maxwell developed different equations that described electromagnetic fields in 1873. His prediction of the existence of electromagnetic waves traveling with the speed of light was confirmed by Heinrich R. Hertz and in 1895, Marconi used these principles to make the use of electromagnetic waves to make Radio.
- Development of Alternating current or Ac was the turning point in the further journey of electricity. A Croatian Scientist named Nikola Tesla worked with Thomas Edison, he came from the United States. Telsa discovered the alternating current electrical systems with rotating magnets, which is one of the most used principles today.
Electricity was a triller element for the scientist to work with, which led to the invention of so many devices and principles. Though all the devices are now more advanced and have more features, still the principles are same and are being used in large power plants to produce electricity.
- NCC Full Form In Army, School, And College
- What Is The Valency Of Nitrogen?
- The Most Abundant Metal In The Earth’s Crust Is?
- Fleming’s Left Thumb Rule Statement
- Chlorine Atomic Mass And Weight In Kilo Grams
- States And Capitals Of India 2022
Who invented Electricity?-FAQ’S
- Who was the father of electricity?
William Gilbert is called the Father of electricity. In 1660, Gilbert described the electrification of many subjects and coined the term Electricity.
- How did Benjamin Franklin invent electricity?
People believe that Benjamin Franklin invented Electricity with his famous kite-flying experiment. He tied a key to the kite and left it out during a thunderstorm which showed that static electricity and lightning were the same things.
- Did electricity have to be invented?
Electricity is a natural force but since it was brought to light by a person through experiments it is called an invention.