SSC GD Salary 2021
SSC GD Salary 2021: The Staff Selection Commission will be releasing the notification for SSC General Duty Constable posts on 25th March 2021. This exam is conducted under the Ministry of Home Affairs and the salary of General Duty Constable is high with loads of benefits and allowances. The basic pay scale for SSC GD is lucrative and varies from Rs. 21,700 to Rs. 69,100. The Constables selected through SSC GD Recruitment will be provided with numerous allowances and perks, which have been discussed in this article. Also check the job profile and growth of a constable in various department.
SSC GD Salary 2021
|SSC GD Constable Salary 2021|
|Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Name||SSC GD 2021|
|Vacancies||To Be Notified Soon|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 21,700 to Rs. 69,100|
Various Posts in SSC GD
SSC GD Examination is conducted for the recruitment for various posts. Some of the posts are mentioned below:
- Constable GD in Border Security Force
- Constable GD in Central Industrial Security Force
- Constable GD in Indo Tibetan Border Police Force
- Constable GD in Sashastra Seema Bal
- Constable GD in Central Reserve Police Force
- Rifleman GD in Assam Rifles
- Constable GD in Secretariat Security Force
- Constable GD in National Investigation Agency
SSC GD Salary Structure 2021
The net salary for a newly joined SSC GD Constable is Rs. 23,527 per month (approximately) and the Basic Pay provided to a PGT teacher is Rs. 21,700. A detailed breakdown of the salary has been mentioned here:
Additions to the salary of SSC GD Constable:
- Dearness Allowance (DA) of Rs. 4,34 is provided out of the total salary
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) is provided which after the calculation is Rs. 2538.
- Transport Allowance (TA) provided for the travel expenses is Rs. 1,224
- The total gross for PGT Teacher is Rs. 25,896
- The complete details of the salary have been tabulated below.
|SC GD Salary 2021|
|Basic SSC GD Salary||Rs. 21,700|
|Transport Allowance||Rs. 1224|
|House Rent Allowance||Rs. 2538|
|Dearness Allowance||Rs. 434|
|Total Earnings||Rs. 25,896|
|Total Deduction (Pension Contribution + CGHS + CGEGIS)||Rs. 25,896|
|Net Earnings||Rs. 23,527|
SSC GD Constable Perks
Other than the above-mentioned salary structure, SSC GD salary also comprises various other benefits and allowances, which include:
- Transportation Allowance
- Medical Facilities
- Pension schemes
- Annual paid leaves
- Security allowances
- Field allowances
SSC GD Salary 2021: Job Profile
The duties and responsibilities of the General Duty Constable are higher and the candidate should be available 24*7. Initially, SSC GD Constable is appointed as a guard or escort and have to do the below-mentioned duties
- GD Constable has to manage all the duties and charges in the absence of Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector.
- GD constables may even have to solve cases for investigations.
- SSC GD Constable has to work under the supervision of SHO and follow his instructions.
- The detailed job profile for various Security forces has been discussed here.
Roles of GD Constable in BSF
- To protect the Indo-Pakistan and Indo-Bangladesh Border.
- To promotes a sense of security among the people living in the border areas.
- To prevent trans-border crimes, unauthorized entry into or exit from the territory of India.
- To prevent smuggling and any other illegal activities on the Border.
- Anti-infiltration duties.
- To collect trans-border intelligence.
Roles of GD Constable in ITBP
- To protect the border between India & China (from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh)
- To restore and preserve order in any area in the event of a disturbance.
- Vigilance on the northern borders.
- Detection and prevention of border violations.
- Keep a check on illegal immigration and trans-border smuggling.
- To provide security to sensitive installations and threatened VIPs.
- To maintain the peace in the assigned areas and promotion of a sense of security among the local populace.
Roles of GD Constable in CISF
- To provide security to various Public Sector Units and other important infrastructures.
- Be in-charge of airport security at all commercial airports in India.
- To provide security on the Delhi Metro is handled by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- To protect the Government infrastructure projects and industrial units.
- Special Security Group (SSG) provides security cover to persons nominated by the Home Ministry
- To provide protection, safety, and security to Industrial undertaking/installations, also offer protection against fire hazards.
Roles of GD Constable in SSB
- To monitor and prevent cross-border crimes, and other illegal activities
- Protection of the Indo–Nepal and Indo–Bhutan borders
Roles of GD Constable in CRPF
- To look after the internal security across India
- Operate abroad as part of Indian Peace Keeping Force and the UN peacekeeping missions
- Give VIP security during election duties, from guarding of vital installations to counter-Naxal operations.
Roles of GD Constable in Assam Rifles
- To provide internal security under the control of the army through the conduct of counter insurgency and border security operations,
- To provide aid to the civil power in times of emergency, and
- To provide communications, medical assistance and education in remote areas.
- In times of war, working as a combat force to secure rear areas if needed
Role of GD Constable in SSF
- This unit is responsible for providing entry in Secretariat premises, posting of guards at Secretariat gates and other places of premises,
- To maintain the internal discipline, entry of vehicles and their parking, regulation for taking material out of Secretariat premises and protection of Secretariat property.
SSC GD Promotion
The General Duty Constable has been provided with promotion after a certain period of different CAPF departments on the basis of their performances and the duration of their services. Many times, the candidates have to appear in the departmental exams to get promotions. SSC GD Constable is promoted to the post of Senior Head Constable and may be required to take charge of a police station. The SSC GD Salary also increases along with the promotion to various posts.
The posts SSC GD Constable may be further promoted are mentioned below in a sequence:
- Senior Constable
- Head Constable
- Assistant Sub Inspector
- Sub Inspector