What is the standard meridian of India?- All you need to know
Standard meridian is the meridian or longitude used to describe the time of a country. The standard meridian is fixed for the whole country. The standard meridian is different for every country according to the different measures of longitude.
Read More About:
- Unit Of Force- What Is The SI & CGS Unit Of Force?
- Save Girl Child In India Essay For Students In English
- CNG Full Form In Science And Medical
- Plaster Of Paris- Formula, Uses
What is a meridian?
A constant longitude that passes from a particular point to another point on the earth’s surface.
What is the standard meridian of India?
The standard meridian of India passes from Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh. It is considered the standard time for the whole country. The longitude passes from 82o30’E. According to the standard meridian of India, all the clocks are synchronized with it. The standard meridian of India is the time we all follow the clock with. Every country has a different standard meridian like India, and they follow different time zones.
If it is morning in India and some neighboring countries and it is 5 AM in India, there will be some difference in the time zone of the other neighboring countries. This happens because of the difference in the standard meridian.
Importance of Standard meridian of India.
Many longitudes pass through India and there is a difference between the timings of different places in India too. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west and therefore the timing of the sunrise is different in every place.
If there are different time zones and different longitudes why Mirzapur is considered the standard meridian of India?
There are many different time zones in India and if all the time zones are considered as the standard Meridian then it will be a big confusion for everyone. The timings for trains, flights, every common work will be mixed and will give rise to a big confusion for everyone. The difference between time zones will not be adopted by so many people in India. Mirzapur is considered the standard meridian of India because the longitude passes from the center of the country which is from 82o30’E.
- Integration Formulas List And PDF For Class 12
- Perimeter Of Triangle – Formula, Definition, Examples
- Area Of Parallelogram – Formula, Definition, Examples
- Class 12 Biology Term 2 Important Questions With Solutions
- uidai.Gov.In For Aadhar- New Registration, Update, Download
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Status 2022 @Pmkisan.Gov.In
- What is the standard meridian of India?
The standard meridian of India is 82o30’E, from Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Which are the states through which the standard meridian of India passes?
The standard meridian of India passes through the following states- Uttar Pradesh, Orissa, Andra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, and Chattisgarh.
- What is the difference between the time zones of Gujrat and Arunachal Pradesh?
There is a difference of 2 hours in the time zone of Gujrat and Arunachal Pradesh.
- What does IST stands for?
IST stands for Indian standard time.
- When was Calcutta’s standard time separated and discontinued?
Till, 1948, there was a separate standard time for Calcutta. It was discontinued after 1948.