- Notice is a piece of information to be displayed to the public.
- Notice is to be printed and pinned on the notice board.
- It is a short and direct form of communicating important information.
- The information in the notice should be targeted at a specific group. The tone of writing the notice should always be formal and informative.
- The language used in the notice should be simple for people to understand.
- A notice should be small and direct.
- You should be careful of the word count while you write a notice.
Also Read: My School Essay
Points to Remember while Writing a notice
Before writing a notice, you need to remember the points written below. Only when you follow the rules, a notice is correctly issued.
- Write the heading as Notice at the top of the page
- A suitable sub-heading must follow the word notice.
- The name of the person or the organization issuing the notice should be mentioned.
- The purpose of issuing the notice must be mentioned.
- The main content of the notice should not exceed 50 words.
- State the person or group to whom the notice is targeted.
- All other information before issuing the notice must be cross-checked. Details regarding venue, time, etc. are to be written clearly.
- The date of the notice should be mentioned.
- The signature, name, and designation of the person issuing the notice are to be mentioned.
Also read: Article Writing
Marks-Distribution in Notice Writing Class 12
Below we have mentioned the marking scheme that is followed by examiners while checking a notice.
1 mark is awarded for the heading, title, date, designation of the person issuing it.
2 marks are given for the main content of the notice.
2 marks are given for correct spellings and grammatically correct notices.
In total, 5 marks is awarded for Notice Writing. Each part has to be correctly written so that full marks can be scored by students.
Also Read: Diary Writing
Notice Writing MCQ Questions Class 12
Example 1: As the Sports Secretary of your school in Delhi, write a notice for your school notice board informing the students about the selling of old sports goods of your school. You are Rashmi/Subham.
Vidya Mandir School, Delhi
Selling of Sport Goods
30 June 2020
This is to inform all the students that the sports club along with the school authorities have decided to conduct a sale of the old sports goods used by the students of our school. Interested students may report to Room No 220 on 1st July 2020 during recess time.
Example 2: You are Shivani of Delhi Public School, Nagpur. As Student Editor of your school magazine, draft notice in not more than 50 words for your school notice board inviting article sketches from students of all classes.
DPS School, Nagpur
Invitation of articles for Magazine
19 Oct 2020
Students from all classes are hereby requested to submit their articles for the school magazine to the undersigned. The submission date is 21 October 2020 in Room no 101 during the break time. Please make sure that the articles are well written and the sketches are neat.
Example 3: You are Subash of Class 6 in Little Flower School. As the president of coding club of your school, draft notice in not more than 50 words for your school notice board inviting students for a workshop that is to be conducted on C programming.
Little Flower School, Kolkata
Invitation for C programming workshop
12 Aug 2019
Students from classes 5, 6, and 7 are hereby requested to attend a workshop on C programming that is conducted by the Coding Club. The workshop will be conducted on 14th Aug, 2019 at 2 pm in the Computer lab. Interested students are required to contact the undersigned for registration.
President, Coding club
Little Flower School
FAQ’S on Notice Writing
1. What notice writing means?
Notice writing is a medium of information communication. It should be short and precise.
2. How do you write a notice?
To write a notice you need to follow certain steps. The steps have been mentioned above.
3. What is the importance of notice writing?
Notice writing is a formal way of communication. They are to be pinned on notice boards for all to notice.
4. How many types of notice writing are there?
There are many types of notice writing. A few of them are legal notice, actual notice, implied notice, etc.