SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020: SSC has released the calendar for those candidates who had applied for the SSC Stenographer posts. Check the Calendar below. SSC has completed the Selection Post Phase 8 online application process on 20th March 2020. SSC has released the new exam dates of SSC Selection Post Phase 8 on 07th October 2020.
The commission has again postponed the exam date for SSC Selection Post Phase VIII. The SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Exam will be conducted from 06.11.2020 to 10.11.2020 (for the rest of the candidates) and 14.12.2020 (only for candidates who opted for Examination Centres in Bihar). Candidates are advised to keep visiting the page for any update, till then check Important Points, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, etc.
Update: SSC new calendar is out. Check the exam dates of SSC Selection Posts 8 exam.
SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020: Important Date
The important dates for SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020 have been released by SSC along with its official notification. Check SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020 exam date & other important dates below:
|SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020 Important Dates|
|SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Notification Date||21st February 2020|
|Online Form submission Start||21st February 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Application||20th March 2020|
|Last date for making online fee payment:||23rd March 2020|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||05th September 2020|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||05th September 2020|
|SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Admit Card||October 2020|
|SSC Phase 8 2020 Exam Date: CBT (Revised)||6th to 10th November 2020 (for rest of the candidates) and 14 December 2020 (For Bihar)|
|SSC Phase 8 Answer Key Date||To be notified later|
SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020: Eligibility Criteria
All the aspiring candidates of SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020 have to abide by all the Eligibility Criteria Decided by the Commission.
- Candidate of SSC Selection Post Phase 8 must be a Citizen of either India or Nepal or Bhutan. If a candidate is a citizen of Nepal or Bhutan shall have a Certificate of Eligibility issued by the Government of India in favor of him/her.
- Educational/ Technical Qualification & Experience: Matriculation, Higher Secondary, and Graduation level post are included in the SSC Selection Post recruitment. Candidates must possess the post wise qualifications as per the post applied for. The Crucial date for determining possession of Essential Qualifications (EQs)/ Experience is 01st January 2020.
- SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Age Limit 2020: The Age Limit for applying online for various categories is 18-30 years.
- SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020 Age Relaxation: As per government guidelines age relaxation in SSC Selection Post Phase 8 is given in the table below:
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
- SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020 Application Fee: The Application Fee for SSC Selection Post Phase 8 as per the categories is given below:
SSC Selection Post Phase 8: Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern of SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020 is explained in the tables below. SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020 comprises of two Tiers only. CBT is merit deciding Tier.
|Tier||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|CBT||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Document Verification||Physical Presence||Verification|
The elaborated CBT exam pattern is given in the table below.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||A cumulative time of 60 minutes (80 minutes for disable/Physically handicapped Candidates)|
The important points to remember for CBT are as follows:
- In Tier-I, there will be a negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
- Minimum qualifying marks in CBT Examination are as follows:
OBC/ EWS : 25%
After qualifying for CBT of SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Examination. Candidates have to appear for the Document Verification process.
SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020 Document Verification
All the candidates qualified for Document Verification are required to come for Document Verification. Those who fail to do so will not be considered for any post at the time of final selection. Candidates will have to submit copies of various documents like Matriculation Certificate, Educational Qualification, Caste Certificate, Relevant Document, if any relaxation is taken, etc. Candidates will be required to produce all documents in original for verification at the time of document verification. Information about the required documents will be provided while calling candidates for DV. Detailed options for the post will be taken either online or at the time of document verification.
SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020: Syllabus
SSC Selection Post 2020 CBT comprises four Sections/ Subjects that are mentioned below:
- General Knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Reasoning
- English Comprehension
Let’s have a look at the detailed syllabus of all these 4 sections:
|General Reasoning||General Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Verbal Reasoning||Current Affairs||Percentage||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Awards and Honours||Number Series||Grammar|
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Books and Authors||Data Interpretation||Vocabulary|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Sports||Mensuration and Geometry||Verbal Ability|
|Double Lineup||Entertainment||Quadratic Equation||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Scheduling||Obituaries||Interest||Active and Passive Voice|
|Input-Output||Important Dates||Problems of Ages||Para Jumbles|
|Blood Relations||Scientific Research||Profit and Loss||Fill in the Blanks|
|Directions and Distances||Static General Knowledge
(History, Geography, etc.)
|Ratio and Proportions &
Mixture and Alligation
|Ordering and Ranking||Portfolios||Speed, Distance and Time||Cloze Test|
|Data Sufficiency||Persons in News||Time and Work|
|Coding and Decoding||Important Schemes||Number System|
|Code Inequalities||Data Sufficiency|
SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Admit Card 2020
SSC will release the Selection Post Phase 8 Admit Card after the application process is over. The expected date is generally 10-15 days before the exam date, the exams are scheduled for November 2020.
SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Result 2020
- SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Result will be released after a month of SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Exam.
- Minimum qualifying marks in SSC Selection Post Phase 8 CBT’s are as follows:
OBC/ EWS: 25%
All other categories: 20%
- On the basis of their performance in CBT, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in Medical Examination. Candidates, who are successful in Medical Examination, will be called for detailed Document Verification.
- Marks scored by candidates in Computer Based Examination will be normalized by using the formula published by the Commission through Notice No.1-1/2018-P&P-I dated 07-02-2019 and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut off marks.
- Tentative Answer Keys will be placed on the Commission‟s website after the Examination. Candidates may go through the Answer Keys and submit representations, if any within the time limit given by the Commission through on-line modality only, on payment of Rs.100/- per question.
- Any representation regarding Answer Keys received within the time limit fixed by the Commission at the time of uploading of the Answer Keys will be scrutinized before finalizing the Answer Keys and the decision of the Commission in this regard will be final. No representation regarding Answer Keys shall be entertained later.
SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020 Resolution of Tie Cases
In the event of a tie in the normalized scores of candidates in the Computer Based Examination, such cases will be resolved by applying the following criteria, one after another, until the tie is resolved:
- Total marks in Computer Based Examination.
- Marks in Part-A of Computer Based Examination.
- Marks in Part-B of Computer Based Examination.
- Date of Birth, with older candidates, placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in which the first names of the candidates appear.
Prerequisites for SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020 Application Form:
Important things which you should keep with you while filling the Application Form:
- Scanned copy of your Signature ( 1kb < Size < 12 kb ) in JPG format.
- Scanned copy of your Photo ( 4 kb < Size < 20kb ) in JPG format.
- You should have a valid E-Mail I.D with you which can be used for registration purposes.
- You should have a valid Identity Proof with you.
SSC Selection Post Phase 8: Steps to Fill Application Form
- Click on the link mentioned above and you will be redirected to the SSC official site directly.
- A page will be opened where you will get the registration and login form.
- If you are already registered for SSC Exams, then fill the login details to apply for SSC Selection Post Phase 8. But if you are not registered, then first you need to fill the registration form.
- After login, go to “Apply Now” and fill in all the required details i.e Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Education Qualification, Address, educational qualifications, and all the degrees you hold, etc.
- After that Fill in your communication address and Upload your Photo and signature.
- Before submitting the form, preview your details.
- Once you submit the form, the next step is to pay your fee. The application fee is acceptable in online and offline modes.
- Pay your fee through Debit/ Credit card/ Net Banking/ E-Challan if applicable.
- Click on submit and Your form will be submitted successfully.
- Your Online SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020 application process is completed and you can take a print out of the application form for further use
SSC Selection Post Phase 8 2020: Online Form
- Eligible and interested candidates may apply online for SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Recruitment 2020. The link for the online application will be available till 20th March 2020:
SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Important Instructions to Candidates
BEFORE APPLYING, CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO GO THROUGH THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN HERE, VERY CAREFULLY.
- The Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, the candidature will be accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, physical standards, etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the post(s) before applying. Copies of supporting documents will be sought at the time of document verification. When scrutiny is undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be canceled and the Commission’s decision shall be final.
- Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD/ExS must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim.
- Candidates with physical disability of 40% and more only would be considered as Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and entitled to reservation for Persons with Disabilities.
- Central Government Civilian Employees claiming age relaxation should produce a certificate in the prescribed format from their office at the time of document verification in respect of the length of continuous service which should be for not less than three years during the period immediately preceding the closing date for receipt of application. They should remain Central Government civilian employees till the time of appointment in the event of their selection.
- Fee payable: Rupees one hundred only (Rs.100/-) payable through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, MasterCard, or Maestro Credit/ Debit card. The fee is exempted for all Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation.
- The fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. The fee paid more than once for the same applications with service charge etc. will also not be refunded.
- Candidate should note down and retain ‘Registration-ID’ and ‘Password’ provided to them while making ‘One-Time Registration’ which is required for filling online application.
- When the application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted ‘Provisionally’. Candidate should take a printout of the application form for their own records. A printout of the ‘Application Form’ is not required to be submitted to the Commission at any stage.
- Only one online application is allowed to be submitted by a candidate for Combined Graduate Level Examination-2020. Therefore, the candidates are advised to exercise due diligence at the time of filling their application forms. In case, more than one application of a candidate is detected, the Commission will consider the latest application. If a candidate submits multiple applications and appears in the examination (at any stage) more than once, his/ her candidature will be canceled and he/ she will be debarred from the examinations of the Commission for three years.
- The candidates must write their name, date of birth, father’s name, and mother’s name strictly as given in the matriculation certificate otherwise their candidature may be canceled at the time of document verification or as and when comes into the notice of the commission.
- Applications with illegible/ blurred Photograph/ Signature will be rejected summarily.
- Request for change/ correction in any particulars in the Application Form, once submitted, will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidates are advised to fill their correct and active e-mail addresses and mobile numbers in the online application as correspondence may be made by the Commission through e-mail/ SMS.
- The candidates must carry at least one latest photo-bearing identification proof such as Driving License, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, Identity Card issued by University/ College, Income Tax Pan Card, etc in original to the Examination Venue, failing which they shall not be allowed to appear for the same.
- Mobiles and other electronic gadgets including Bluetooth devices are banned within the premises of the examination centers. Possession of such equipment whether in use or in switch off mode, during the examination will be considered as the use of unfair means. The candidature of such candidates will be canceled. They will be liable for further action including initiation of criminal proceedings and debarment from the commission’s examination up to 3 (three) years, as may be decided by the commission.
- In case of Fake/ fabricated application/ registration by misusing any dignitaries name/ photo, such candidate/ cyber cafe will be held responsible for the same and liable for suitable legal action under the cyber/ IT act.
- lAA the posts carry All India Service Liability (AISL) i.e. the candidate, upon selection, may be asked to serve anywhere in the country.
SSC Selection Post Phase VIII 2020: Centers for Examination
A candidate must indicate the Center(s) in the online Application Form in which he/ she desires to take the examination. Details about the Examination Centers and Regional Offices under whose jurisdiction these Examination Centers are located are as follows:
|Examination Centers &
|SSC Region and
States/ UTs under
the jurisdiction of
|Address of the Regional
Bareilly(3005), Gorakhpur(3007) ,
|Central Region (CR)/
Bihar and Uttar
|Regional Director (CR),
21-23, Lowther Road,
(WB)(4403), Chinsurah (4405),
Sambalpur(4609), Port Blair (4802)
|Eastern Region (ER)/
Sikkim and West
|Regional Director (ER),
1st MSO Building,(8th
|Regional Director (KKR),
Commission, 1st Floor,
“E” Wing, Kendriya
|Dy. Director (MPR),
J-5, Anupam Nagar,
|Northern Region (NR)/
NCT of Delhi,
|Regional Director (NR),
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12,
CGO Complex, Lodhi
Road, New Delhi-110003
Dodda (1009), Hamirpur(1202),
Shimla(1203), Bhathinda (1401),
and Kashmir and
|Dy. Director (NWR),
Block No. 3, Ground
Floor, Kendriya Sadan,
|Southern Region (SR)/
|Regional Director (SR),
Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK
College Road, Chennai,
Nagpur(7205), Nanded (7206),
Dadra and Nagar
Haveli, Daman and
Diu, Goa, Gujarat
|Regional Director (WR),
101, Maharshi Karve
|Regional Director (NER),
Road, P. O. Assam