SSC CPO Syllabus is discussed here. Know Details of SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 to strategize your preparation for SSC CPO 2020. Candidates can go through this article to know all the important points regarding SSC CPO Syllabus 2020.
SSC CPO Syllabus 2020
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released Central Police Organisation(CPO) on 17th September 2019. SSC CPO Tier II is scheduled to be held on 21st June 2020. To score high in SSC CPO 2020 examination, all candidates must be aware of SSC CPO syllabus. It is important to understand the Syllabus as well as the Exam Pattern in order to get prepare well for SSC CPO 2020 Exam.
Let’s have a look at the exam pattern of this exam, before discussing the syllabus of SSC CPO 2020.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2020: Tiers of Exam
SSC CPO Comprises of Two Tiers and Physical Tests. Exam Pattern of SSC CPO is explained below:
|Test||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Tier-1/Paper 1||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Physical Test||PET/PST||Physical Test|
|Tier-2/Paper 2||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
SSC CPO Exam Pattern For Tier 1
SSC CPO Tier 1 comprises 200 questions in total with maximum marks of 200. SSC CPO Tier 1 is of 120 minutes or 2 hours. SSC CPO Tier I has four sections with 50 question each and maximum marks of 50. Normalization will be done by SSC.
The sections asked in SSC CPO Tier I Exam are:
- General Knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Reasoning
- English Comprehension
The Scheme of Tier 1 is explained in Table given below:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||A cumulative time of 120 minutes (160 minutes for disable/Physically handicapped Candidates)|
Note:- For every wrong question there is negative marking of 0.25 marks also.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern For Tier 2
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language & Comprehension||200||200||120 minutes|
SSC CPO PST
The SSC CPO Physical Standard Test (PST) is conducted at the time of PET Test. Candidates are advised to check the physical standard required for SSC CPO. The SSC CPO Physical Standards are given in the table:
|Candidate||Height||Chest in cms|
|A. Male Candidates (General)||170||80||85|
|(i) For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|(ii) For candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|B. Female Candidates (General)||157||–||–|
|(i) For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|(ii) Scheduled Tribes||154||–||–|
SSC CPO PET Test
The Physical Endurance Test standard will be for all the candidates who have scored above the cut-off marks fixed by the Commission in Paper I. Candidates have to complete all the Tests on the same day. Prepare yourself according to the PET Test requirements.
- 100 metre race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Km Race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 5 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Short put 16 LBS: 4.5 metres in 3 chances
- 100 metre race in 18 second
- 800 metre race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres or 9 feet in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metres or 3 feet in 3 chances
SSC CPO Medical Test
Criteria for the Medical Test for SSC CPO 2020 is mentioned below:
- Minimum Near Vision: N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye)
- Minimum Distant Vision: 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye)
- Must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes
- Eye standards should be without visual correction of any kind even by glasses.
Highlights of SSC CPO Exam
- As mentioned in the SSC CPO Exam Pattern, questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type.
- Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts-I, II and III of Paper-I.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I & Paper-II.
- The SSC (Staff Service Commission ) reserves the rights of altering the exam pattern.
- As per the SSC CPO Exam pattern, the Physical test and Medical Exams are to be conducted only after a successful score in Paper I & II. This is to ensure that the candidate is perfectly fit for the applied post.
- The physical test is done to determine the basic physical structure of the candidate like height, chest, etc.
- Medical Exam is done to verify certain aspects like fitness, vision, flat foot, knock knee, squint eyes, etc. to ensure that is free from all sorts of deformities that would hinder the efficiency during the duties
SSC CPO Syllabus For Paper I
|General Reasoning||General Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Verbal Reasoning||Current Affairs||Percentage||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Awards and Honours||Ratio and Percentage||Grammar|
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Books and Authors||Data Interpretation||Vocabulary|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Sports||Mensuration and Geometry||Verbal Ability|
|Double Lineup||Entertainment||Quadratic Equation||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Scheduling||Obituaries||Interest||Active and Passive Voice|
|Input Output||Important Dates||Problems of Ages||Para Jumbles|
|Blood Relations||Scientific Research||Profit and Loss||Fill in the Blanks|
|Directions and Distances||Number Series||Error Correction|
|Ordering and Ranking||Speed, Distance and Time|
|Data Sufficiency||Time and Work|
|Coding and Decoding||Number System|
|Code Inequalities||Data Sufficiency|
SSC CPO Syllabus For Paper 2
|English Language and Comprehension||
SSC CPO 2020 Syllabus FAQ’s
Q 1. How many tiers of exams are there in SSC CPO.?
Ans. SSC CPO is conducted in three stages: Tier I, Tier II and Physical.
Q 2. Is there negative marking in SSC CPO Prelims.?
Ans. Yes, there is negative marking of 1/4 of the marks assigned to that question for every wrong question in SSC CPO Prelims.
Q 3. How many subject are there in SSC CPO Prelims.?
Ans. There are four subjects in SSC CPO Prelims.
Q 4. How many questions are there in SSC CPO Prelims.?
Ans. There are 200 questions in SSC CPO Prelims.
Q 5. How many questions are there in SSC CPO Mains.?
Ans. There are 200 questions in SSC CPO Mains.