SSC CPO Syllabus is discussed here. Know Details of SSC CPO Syllabus 2021 to strategize your preparation for SSC CPO 2021. Candidates can go through this article to know all the important points regarding SSC CPO Syllabus 2021.
SSC CPO Syllabus 2021
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the Central Police Organisation(CPO) Notification on 17th September 2019. SSC CPO Tier II is scheduled to be held on 21st June 2021. To score high in SSC CPO 2021 examination, all candidates must be aware of SSC CPO syllabus. It is important to understand the Syllabus as well as the Exam Pattern to get prepare well for SSC CPO 2021 Exam.
Let’s have a look at the exam pattern of this exam, before discussing the syllabus of SSC CPO 2021.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2021: Tiers of Exam
SSC CPO Comprises of Two Tiers and Physical Tests. Exam Pattern of SSC CPO is explained below:
|Test||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Tier-1/Paper 1||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Physical Test||PET/PST||Physical Test|
|Tier-2/Paper 2||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
SSC CPO Exam Pattern For Tier 1
SSC CPO Tier 1 comprises 200 questions in total with maximum marks of 200. SSC CPO Tier 1 is of 120 minutes or 2 hours. SSC CPO Tier I has four sections with 50 question each and maximum marks of 50. Normalization will be done by SSC.
The sections asked in SSC CPO Tier I Exam are:
- General Knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Reasoning
- English Comprehension
The Scheme of Tier 1 is explained in Table given below:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||A cumulative time of 120 minutes (160 minutes for disable/Physically handicapped Candidates)|
Note:- For every wrong question there is negative marking of 0.25 marks also.
SSC CPO Syllabus For Paper I
The SSC CPO Paper I consists of four subjects. Here we present you with the subject-wise syllabus of SSC CPO Tier 1.
SSC CPO Syllabus For General Reasoning:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Circular Seating Arrangement
- Linear Seating Arrangement
- Double Lineup
- Blood Relations
- Directions and Distances
- Ordering and Ranking
- Data Sufficiency
- Coding and Decoding
- Code Inequalities
SSC CPO Syllabus For General Knowledge:
- Current Affairs of National and Intentional Importance
- Awards and Honours
- Books and Authors
- Important Dates
- Scientific Research
SSC CPO Syllabus For Quantitative Aptitude:
- Ratio and Percentage
- Data Interpretation
- Mensuration and Geometry
- Quadratic Equation
- Problems of Ages
- Profit and Loss
- Number Series
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Time and Work
- Number System
- Data Sufficiency
SSC CPO Syllabus For English Comprehension:
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Ability
- Active and Passive Voice
- Para Jumbles
- Fill in the Blanks
- Error Correction
SSC CPO Exam Pattern For Tier 2
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language & Comprehension||200||200||120 minutes|
SSC CPO Syllabus For Paper 2
|English Language and Comprehension||
SSC CPO PST
The SSC CPO Physical Standard Test (PST) is conducted at the time of PET Test. Candidates are advised to check the physical standard required for SSC CPO. The SSC CPO Physical Standards are given in the table:
|Candidate||Height||Chest in cms|
|A. Male Candidates (General)||170||80||85|
|(i) For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|(ii) For candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|B. Female Candidates (General)||157||–||–|
|(i) For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|(ii) Scheduled Tribes||154||–||–|
SSC CPO PET Test
The Physical Endurance Test standard will be for all the candidates who have scored above the cut-off marks fixed by the Commission in Paper I. Candidates have to complete all the Tests on the same day. Prepare yourself according to the PET Test requirements.
- 100-metre race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Km Race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 5 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Short put 16 LBS: 4.5 metres in 3 chances
- 100-metre race in 18 second
- 800-metre race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres or 9 feet in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metres or 3 feet in 3 chances
SSC CPO Medical Test
Criteria for the Medical Test for SSC CPO 2021 is mentioned below:
- Minimum Near Vision: N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye)
- Minimum Distant Vision: 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye)
- Must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes
- Eye standards should be without visual correction of any kind even by glasses.
Highlights of SSC CPO Exam
- As mentioned in the SSC CPO Exam Pattern, questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type.
- Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts-I, II and III of Paper-I.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I & Paper-II.
- The SSC (Staff Service Commission ) reserves the rights of altering the exam pattern.
- As per the SSC CPO Exam pattern, the Physical test and Medical Exams are to be conducted only after a successful score in Paper I & II. This is to ensure that the candidate is perfectly fit for the applied post.
- The physical test is done to determine the basic physical structure of the candidate like height, chest, etc.
- Medical Exam is done to verify certain aspects like fitness, vision, flat foot, knock knee, squint eyes, etc. to ensure that is free from all sorts of deformities that would hinder the efficiency during the duties.
SSC CPO 2021 Syllabus FAQ’s
Q 1. How many tiers of exams are there in SSC CPO.?
Ans. SSC CPO has conducted in three stages: Tier I, Tier II and Physical.
Q 2. Is there negative marking in SSC CPO Prelims.?
Ans. Yes, there is negative marking of 1/4 of the marks assigned to that question for every wrong question in SSC CPO Prelims.
Q 3. How many subjects are there in SSC CPO Prelims.?
Ans. There are four subjects in SSC CPO Prelims.
Q 4. How many questions are there in SSC CPO Prelims.?
Ans. There are 200 questions in SSC CPO Prelims.
Q 5. How many questions are there in SSC CPO Mains.?
Ans. There are 200 questions in SSC CPO Mains.