The National Cadet Corps, or NCC for short, is an Indian Armed Forces youth development institution that was founded in 1948. The company’s headquarters are in New Delhi. NCC is a tri-services organisation that includes training programmes for the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force. It is dedicated to providing a platform for the country’s youth to become more disciplined and patriotic citizens and stand out from the crowd of regular people. The National Cadet Corps (NCC) is a volunteer organisation that invites cadets from all throughout the country. During their time at NCC, qualified cadets get basic military training, which prepares them for further military service.
The National Cadet Corps (NCC) provides a fantastic opportunity for young people to serve their country. It encourages overall personality development as well as accountability. NCC arranges several activities and aids in nation-building in order to promote attributes such as discipline, commitment, dedication, adventure training, and social welfare among the cadets. Joining NCC after class 10th can be good lift in the overall personality of the students. The students who wants to join NCC after Class 10th first should check out the eligibility criteria given below:
Eligibility Criteria to Join NCC after 10th
Junior Wing/Division (Girls/Boys) age requirement – 12 to 18.5 years old. Senior Wing/Division (Girls/Boys) age requirement: up to 26 years old. Enrolment is for two years in the Junior Division and three years in the Senior Division.
- Candidates for the National Cadet Corps (NCC) must be Indian or Nepalese citizens.
- The candidate should be a person of strong moral and ethical standards.
- Before applying for NCC, the individual must be enrolled in a relevant educational institution, as the membership will be provided by that institution.
- To apply for the NCC course, the applicant must meet the institution’s medical standards and prerequisites.
- Candidates must pass a physical examination administered by the institution after applying to be considered for the programme.
- Both junior and senior wings candidates are offered the NCC training.
Types of NCC certifications
The NCC programme offers three different sorts of certificates and takes five years to complete. These three certifications, denoted by the letters A, B, and C, are based on the training level.
The three types of certifications based on the training level are:
- Certificate A – The NCC ‘A’ certificate is awarded to pupils in grades 9 and 10 who have completed the first level of training. This programme lasts two years, following which students receive a ‘A’ Certificate.
- Certificate B – All senior wing candidates who have completed their two years of training are awarded the NCC ‘B’ certificate. A minimum of 75% attendance in NCC training is necessary for senior wings.
- Certificate C – An NCC ‘C’ certificate is awarded to credits in their third year of training who have completed two national training courses and received a B certificate.
- XXV Roman Numerals- Definition , Conversion Into Numbers
- What Is The First Thing We Do After Class 10th?
- Which Course Is Better After 10th?
- Which Skill Are Better For You After Completing Class 10?
- Which Stream Should I Choose Between Maths And Biology For Class 11?
- Top 5 Career Options After Class 10th
- How To Prepare For NEET After 10th?
- Which Stream Should I Pursue After Class 10th Art Or Science?
- Does Class 10th Marks Has Great Impact On Career?
- List Of Courses After Class 10th In 2022
NCC After Class 10th: FAQs
Ques. Can I apply NCC after 10th?
Ans. You certainly can. To join NCC, you must be a registered college student, which implies you must enrol in a postgraduate programme. Yes, after 10th grade, you can obtain the NCC certificate “C.” However, you must continue your studies in order to obtain the C certification.
Ques. In which class I can join NCC?
Ans. Students can join NCC as junior division members as early as ninth grade. However, only pupils from government schools are eligible to participate. Junior Wing/Division (Girls/Boys) age requirement – 12 to 18.5 years old. Senior Wing/Division (Girls/Boys) age requirement: up to 26 years old. Enrolment is for two years in the Junior Division and three years in the Senior Division.
Ques. How can I join NCC Air Wing after 10th?
Ans. Applicants interested in joining the senior wing should contact the nearest NCC unit’s Commanding Officer, or For more information, an applicant interested in joining the junior wing should contact the school’s headmaster.
Ques. Can I join NCC without college?
Ans. Without a college diploma, it is impossible to join NCC. It’s also crucial to know which college offers NCC to pupils. If your college or institute does not offer NCC, you might join as an open cadet. Before applying for NCC, the individual must be enrolled in a relevant educational institution, as the membership will be provided by that institution.
Ques. Can I join NCC after 9th?
Ans. Junior Wing/Division (Girls/Boys) age requirement – 12 to 18.5 years old. Senior Wing/Division (Girls/Boys) age requirement: up to 26 years old. Enrolment is for two years in the Junior Division and three years in the Senior Division. You certainly can. You must join the junior division/wing of NCC because you are in 9th grade. It will last for a period of two years. As a result, you’ll have to go to parades in 10th grade as well.