Table of Contents
When is Christmas Day?
Christmas Day is celebrated every year on December 25, and people all across the world celebrate Christmas day with great joy. Continue reading to discover the origins of Christmas, its meaning, and how it is observed.
Christmas day is the most important holiday for Christians around the world because it commemorates the birth of Jesus Christ, who they believe to be the Son of God. Christmas Day 2022 is cheerfully and warmly observed by people with their loved ones, friends, and other relatives.
The event and what is celebrated are subject to a wide variety of customs and interpretations. The Mass of Christ is where the word “Christmas” originated (or Jesus). a worship session, also known as Communion or Eucharist occasionally, during which Jesus died for his followers and rose from the dead. The only ceremony that took place after nightfall, or sunset, and before daybreak the next day was the “Christ-Mass,” which was held at midnight. This is how the word Christ-Mas, or Christmas, came to be.
Why is Christmas Day Celebrated?
Why is Christmas celebrated on December 25th? The majority of people believe it to be the day commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, however, no one is certain of his actual date of birth. Regarding the time of Jesus’ birth, the Bible is silent. The birth of Jesus was a topic of much debate among early Christians.
On December 25, 336 AD, during the reign of the Roman emperor Constantine, the Roman Church is first known to have observed Christmas. As the first Christian Roman Emperor, he established Christianity as the official state religion. At this time, people began celebrating Christmas and converting to the new religion.
Later in 529 AD, Pope Julius I proclaimed December 25th as the day to commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ and proclaimed Christmas to be a public holiday. There are several customs and defenses, nevertheless, for and against the tradition of celebrating Christmas on December 25.
According to an ancient Christian belief, the Annunciation—the day Mary was told she would give birth to a special child, Jesus—took place on March 25. Jesus’ conception was said to have occurred on this day, which is December 25th after 9 months, according to the Roman Christian historian Sextus Julius Africanus. As a result, it is observed as Christmas Day.
Know more: Why Is The Sky Blue In Colour?
How to Draw Santa Clause and Christmas Tree?
The Christmas season is one of the best times of the year we all wait for with so much excitement, especially for children. And why not? Who would want to miss the chance to decorate a Christmas tree with grandpa or watch the Christmas lights sparkle in the entire house? So, why not learn easy Christmas drawings?
The finest indoor activity for parents and children to spend precious time together and fortify their unique bond on Christmas Day 2022 is drawing. During the Christmas break, many of us have plenty of time to unwind and indulge in our hobbies.
This is the spot to find simple Christmas drawing ideas, whether you’re seeking for holiday artwork to create with your children or planning an art workshop for elementary school students. Look at these instructions for drawing Santa Claus and a Christmas tree:
Simple Santa Clause Drawing for Christmas day
If you are looking for it, here, we have curated a Santa Claus drawing step by step in these simple steps. Take a look:
- Draw the Circle: To outline Santa’s head, begin by drawing a perfect oval or circle in the center of the top portion of your paper. You shouldn’t be concerned if you can’t draw a flawless circle. A compass can be used to rapidly and neatly draw a circle. You can draw a horizontal and vertical line across the paper to aid in understanding the position so that you can draw the circle in the center of the page accurately.
- Draw a half circle on either side of the face outline to resemble Santa’s ears as the next phase. Make sure both half circles are drawn at the same level and are the same size.
- Start Outlining the Face – How do I draw the face of Santa Claus now? Above the head, start drawing a Christmas hat. Next, move to the middle of the head and draw a curved line to represent the nose, finishing it off with a moustache. Then, to make the beard look thick and fluffy, begin drawing curving lines at the bottom of the face.
- The upper body of Santa Clause should now be drawn, starting from just under the beard. Make sure to add some chubbiness to the body.
- The Hem of the Jacket: To make the hem of the jacket that Santa is wearing, draw a rectangular outline around the edge of the garment.
- Create the Legs – Next, create the legs of Santa by tracing two diagonal lines that are pointing in the same direction. Aim for large tops and small bottoms on the legs.
- Make a Belt – At this point, draw the belt directly over the jacket hem. Then, tuck each leg’s cuff with the shoes inside.
- Draw Hands: On either side of the Santa, draw two upward diagonal lines with a cuff at the bottom. After that, draw Santa’s hands with his gloves on underneath the sleeve.
- The final step in drawing Santa Claus for Christmas is to add facial characteristics. You have now finished drawing the entire Santa Claus image. Start by drawing a broad eyebrow outline. Then, immediately below, draw two tiny circles to resemble eyes. Unshaded, a little dot is used to cover the eyes. Create the appearance of blushing by making little circles on each cheek.Your Santa Claus drawing is now finished. Finally, colour it appropriately using a variety of shades, such as red, white, or black. The nicest part is when kids can display their artistic prowess.
Santa Clause Drawing for Christmas Day
Santa Clause Picture for Christmas day
Steps to make easy Christmas Tree Drawing for Christmas day
Sketching a Christmas tree can be done in a variety of methods. For instance, you might create a straightforward triangle and then embellish it, or you could create intricate, curved lines to give it a more natural appearance. Here are some simple instructions to help you quickly draw a Christmas tree.
- To make a lovely Christmas tree that looks natural, use this tutorial. Look at this:
- Start by drawing the outline of an unfinished A or an inverted V.
- Then, from the V’s edge to its conclusion, draw a curved line underneath it.
- Create a second tree block that is somewhat larger than the previous one, but otherwise comparable to it.
- Subsequently, place another tree block there. You’re about done now.
- Make a star out of the top of the tree and the trunk.
- Finally, decorate it with vibrant colours, sprinkles, strings or Christmas crafts. Your easy simple Christmas tree drawing is ready now.
Christmas Tree Drawing
Christmas Tree Picture
Christmas Day 2022- FAQs
Que. Why do we celebrate Christmas Day?
Ans. Christmas Day is marked by Christians as the anniversary of the birth of the spiritual figure whose teachings serve as the foundation of their faith, Jesus of Nazareth.
Que. Is Christmas on the 24 or 25?
Ans. Christmas, the holiday commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, is celebrated by a majority of Christians on December 25 in the Gregorian calendar.
Que. What is Christmas in simple words?
Ans. Christmas day is the most important holiday for Christians around the world because it commemorates the birth of Jesus Christ, who they believe to be the Son of God.
Que. Who started Christmas?
Ans. The origins of Christmas stem from both the pagan and Roman cultures.
Que. What day was Jesus born?
Ans. December 25.