About Production Engineering
Production Engineering is a type of engineering which deals with designing and building various processes which in return produce quality materials. Production Engineering falls under Mechanical Engineering. In mechanical engineering students are taught to deals with machines. Same way production engineers are taught to deal with various aspects including machines.
Also read: Diploma in engineering
Why do students need to join Production engineering in 2021?
Students who opt for mechanical engineering can further choose a specialization in Production Engineering. Students who are interested in building, designing, and processing processes opt for the Production Engineering course. As this is a subdomain of mechanical engineering, students are required to study subjects related to mechanical as the core subjects. This field is popular in the Industrial sector.
Also Read: B.tech marine engineering
Eligibility Criteria for Production Engineering in 2021
Eligibility criteria to get admission in Production engineering in 2021 have been listed.
- Student must have completed their 12th Boards from a recognized University.
- Students must be from the Science stream and must have Maths, Physics, and Chemistry as their subjects.
- The minimum age should be 17 years, at the time of admission.
- The student must have scored at least 60% in their Board exams.
Top Colleges for Production Engineering in 2021
The top 5 colleges for production engineering in 2021 are:
- Delhi Technological University
- Punjab Engineering College
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- Manipal Institute of Technology
- Jadavpur University
Admission Procedure for B.tech Production Engineering in 2021
Admission Procedure varies from college to college. Few colleges take admission for Production Engineering based on Class 12th marks. Yet others conduct their entrance test or rely upon common entrance test results. The student should keep a regular check on the official website of the college in which they are interested to take admission.
Entrance Exams for B.tech Production Engineering in 2021
The most common and popular entrance test for Production Engineering in 2021 is the JEE (Joint Entrance Test). Few other entrance exams are:
Also read: B.Tech
Reference Books for Production Engineering in 2021
A few of the reference books students can refer to for the entrance exams are:
- Arihant Series by D.C Pandey.
- Concept Of Physics by H.C Verma.
- Problems in Physics by I.E Irodov.
- Fundamentals of Physics by Resnik Halliday.
- JD Lee – Inorganic
Syllabus for Production Engineering in 2021
The subjects which you will be studying during your graduation in Production Engineering have been listed below.
- Design Thinking
- Environmental Studies
- Engineering Mechanics
- Workshop Technology
- English Communication
- Engineering Graphics
- Basic Electrical & Electronics
- Computer Programming
- Strength of Materials
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Material Science
- Manufacturing Technology
- Mechanical Measurements and Metrology
- Fluid Mechanics
- Economics & life cycle concepts
- Production Planning and Control
- Heat Transfer
- Theory of machines
- Work-study and Ergonomics
- Design of machine elements
- Industrial Quality control
- Materials and Operations Management
- Industrial Automation and Robotics
- Advanced Manufacturing Process
- Metal cutting and Tool design
- Operations Research
- Metal Forming – Principles & Design
- CAD/CAM and CIM
- Facility Planning and Material Handling
- Industrial Management
Fees and Job salary Scope for Production Engineering in 2021
The average fee for admission to Production engineering is Rs 1,00,000 to Rs. 1,50,000 per annum
The starting salary for a Bachelor’s in Production Engineering graduate, 2021 is Rs 2.5 LPA to Rs 5 LPA.
Also read: Mechatronics engineering
Job Roles for B.tech Production Engineering in 2021
The top 5 job roles a production engineer can apply to are:
- Engineering Plant Production Manager
- Process Engineer
- Industrial Managers
- Quality Engineers
- Management Engineer
1. How many types of mechanical engineering are there?
There are 7 different types of mechanical engineering, out of which production engineering is one of them
2. What is the difference between mechanical and production engineering?
Mechanical engineering teaches students about the basics and handling of a machine. Production Engineering teaches the students about machines along with making the product from the machines meaningful.
3. Is Production engineering the same as industrial engineering?
Industrial Engineering is focused more on the industrial side and its machines. Production Engineering on the other hand takes into account the machines and the production from the machines.
4. What is the difference between plant engineering and production engineering?
Plant engineering takes into consideration the design of machines and the functionality, along with the maintenance and installation. Production engineering focuses more on what and how much a machine produces a product.
5. What is a production engineer job?
The job of a production engineer is to review the work of machines and take into account the produced amount of it.
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
B.tech Marine Engineering 2021