Mechatronics Engineering is a branch of engineering. Mechatronics Engineering is mainly a combination of mechanical, electrical, and computer engineering which results in the students handling the work related to all these branches.
As the students have been taught computer engineering so they can build complex systems with the help of programming. Mechanically, they can design and build the machine required to perform in robots physically. And due to the knowledge of the electronic branch, they can identify the small electrical parts as and when required for a system. By the end of the course, the student becomes proficient in all three branches of engineering combined into one.
Why do students need to study Mechatronics Engineering?
Students interested to pursue their graduation in the combination field of electrical, mechanical, and computer can pursue this B.tech Mechatronics Engineering course. Students who graduated in mechatronics engineering in 2021 are eligible to work in different domains in Information Technology.
Eligibility Criteria for Mechatronics Engineering
Eligibility criteria to get admission in Mechatronics engineering have been listed.
- Student must have completed their 12th Boards from a recognized University.
- Students must be from the Science stream and must have Maths, Physics, and Chemistry as their subjects.
- The minimum age should be 17 years, at the time of admission.
- The student must have scored at least 60% in their Board exams.
Top Colleges for Mechatronics Engineering
Top Colleges for B.tech Mechatronics Engineering in India
- College of Engineering, Anna University
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- Chandigarh University
- Indian Institute of Engineering, Science and Technology
- NIT, Surathkal
Admission Procedure for Mechatronics Engineering
Admission Procedure varies from college to college. Few colleges take admission for Mechatronics Engineering based on Class 12th marks. Yet others conduct their entrance test or rely upon common entrance test results. The student should keep a regular check on the official website of the college in which they are interested to take admission.
Entrance Exams for Mechatronics Engineering
The most common and popular entrance test for Mechatronics Engineering in 2021 is the JEE (Joint Entrance Test). Few other entrance exams are:
Reference Books for Mechatronics Engineering
A few of the reference books students can refer to for the entrance exams are:
- Arihant Series by D.C Pandey.
- Concept Of Physics by H.C Verma.
- Problems in Physics by I.E Irodov.
- Fundamentals of Physics by Resnik Halliday.
- JD Lee – Inorganic
Syllabus for Mechatronics Engineering
The syllabus for Mechatronics Engineering is listed below semester-wise.
Fees and Jobs Salary for Mechatronics Engineering in India
The fees for admission to Mechatronics Engineering in 2021 vary from Rs 10,000 to 10 Lacs.
The starting average salary for a graduate in Mechatronics salary ranges from Rs 2 Lacs to Rs 10 Lacs
Job Roles for Mechatronics Engineering
Job roles for Mechatronics Engineers in 2021 are:’
- Robotics engineer/technician
- Automation engineer
- Control system design/troubleshooting engineer
- Electronics design engineer
- Mechanical design engineer
1. Is Mechatronics Engineering a good career?
Yes, mechatronics engineering is certainly a good career.
2. What is Mechatronics Engineering’s salary?
The salary for Mechatronics graduates has been mentioned in the article. It ranges from Rs 2 Lac to Rs 10 Lacs
3. Does mechatronics have a future?
As the world advances towards technology, mechatronics will be in higher demand. One graduate will be enough in place of three different graduates in Mechanical, electrical, Robotics and Computer.
4. Is Mechatronics Engineering hard?
Yes, it is harder as compared to the other branches as it is a combination of several branches of engineering.
5. Which is better mechatronics or aerospace engineering?
Both are two different aspects. Aerospace engineering deals with space and related material. Mechatronics deals in building and designing materials, which go into space.
B.Tech Production Engineering
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering