What is B.Tech Mechanical Engineering all about?
Mechanical Engineering is a part of Engineering. In this field, students are taught right from the scratch of machines. The building and designing of machines along with their use is taught in Mechanical Engineering. Mechanical engineering teaches the students the basics of a machine. Students are taught about heavy and machine tools.
Why do students need to study B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in 2021?
The field of Mechanical Engineering is vast. All the things that we use in our day-to-day lives are somehow or the other made of machines. These machines are made by Mechanical Engineers. As it is not limited few industries, it has a wide variety of scope, students interested in designing and implementing basics of machines can opt for this course.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in 2021
Eligibility criteria to get admission in B.Tech Mechanical engineering in 2021 have been listed.
- Student must have completed their 12th Boards from a recognized University.
- Students must be from the Science stream and must have Maths, Physics, and Chemistry as their subjects.
- The minimum age should be 17 years, at the time of admission.
- The student must have scored at least 60% in their Board exams.
Top Colleges for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in 2021
The top 5 colleges for admission to B.Tech Mechanical Engineering apart from IIT’s and NIT’S are:
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
- Birla Institute of Technology
- Jadavpur University
- PSG College of Technology
- SRM University
Admission Procedure for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in 2021
Admission Procedure varies from college to college. Few colleges take admission for Mechanical Engineering based on Class 12th marks. Yet others conduct their entrance test or rely upon common entrance test results. The student should keep a regular check on the official website of the college in which they are interested to take admission.
Entrance Exams for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in 2021
The most common and popular entrance test for Mechanical Engineering in 2021 is the JEE (Joint Entrance Test). Few other entrance exams are:
- IIT JEE
Reference Books for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in 2021
A few of the reference books students can refer to for the entrance exams are:
- Arihant Series by D.C Pandey.
- Concept Of Physics by H.C Verma.
- Problems in Physics by I.E Irodov.
- Fundamentals of Physics by Resnik Halliday.
- JD Lee – Inorganic
Syllabus for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in 2021
We have listed the complete syllabus for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in 2021, below semester-wise.
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Syllabus Semester 1
- Electrical Sciences
- Mathematics – I
- Physics – I
- Chemistry Laboratory
- Workshop /Physics Laboratory
- Engineering Drawing
- Physical Training – I
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Syllabus Semester 2
- Modern Biology
- Introduction to Computing
- Mathematics – II
- Engineering Mechanics
- Physics – II
- Computing Laboratory
- Basic Electronics Laboratory
- Physics Laboratory/Workshop
- Physical Training – II
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Syllabus Semester 3
- Solid Mechanics – I
- Engineering Materials
- HSS Elective – I
- Machine Drawing
- Physical Training – III
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Syllabus Semester 4
- Fluid Mechanics – I
- Manufacturing Technology – I
- Solid Mechanics – II
- Kinematics of Machinery
- HSS Elective – II
- Workshop – II
- Mechanical Lab – I
- Physical Training – IV
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Syllabus Semester 5
- Fluid Mechanics – II
- Manufacturing Technology – II
- Dynamics of Machinery
- Design of Machine Elements
- Electrical Machines
- HSS Elective – III
- Mechanical Lab – II
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Syllabus Semester 6
- Applied Thermodynamics – I
- Machine Design
- Mechanical Measurements
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Control Systems
- Mechanical Lab – III
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Syllabus Semester 7
- Summer Training (PP/NP)
- Applied Thermodynamics – II
- Dept Elective – I
- Dept Elective – II
- Open Elective – I
- Mechanical Lab IV
- Project- I
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Syllabus Semester 8
- Industrial Engineering and Operation Research
- Dept Elective – III
- Dept Elective – IV
- HSS Elective – IV
- Project- II
Fees and Job Salary Scope for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in 2021
The average fees for admission to B.Tech Mechanical engineering in 2021 vary from Rs INR 4,00,000/- to INR 10,00,000/-
The starting salary for a B.Tech Mechanical engineer varies from Rs 2.5 LPA to Rs 7 LPA.
Fresher Job Roles for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in 2021
- Aerospace Industries
- Automotive Industries
- Construction and Building Services
- Indian Armed Forces and Ministry of Defence
- Manufacturing Industries
1. Is mechanical engineering hard or easy?
Mechanical engineering is a bit easy as compared to the other branches of engineering.
2. Which engineering is best for the future?
Aerospace Engineering has got a lot of job scope shortly, which is why we can consider it to be the best for future.
3. How can Mechanical Engineering solve environmental pollution?
Mechanical engineers while creating and designing machines can take care of the amount of pollution each machine releases. This is how they can solve environmental pollution.
4. Which engineering is best for ISRO?
Mechanical Engineering is best for ISRO. This is an organization where there is a high demand for quality machines.
5. What are the employment prospects for Mechanical Engineers?
There are a lot of roles available for a mechanical engineer. we have listed a few of the job scopes available for them in our article.
B.Tech Marine Engineering
Bachelor of Dental surgery 2021