What is the full form of the B.H.M Course?
Bachelor of Hotel Management is full form of (B.H.M) is an undergraduate degree. The total duration of the BHM course is of 3 years. The BHM course belongs to the Hospitality and Travel sector. Students interested in hospitality and traveling in their careers can opt for the BHM course. The course has a wide syllabus and covers every topic required in the field. The Students with good personality and skills for good communication is an added advantage for the course.
Why do students study Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M) Course?
Students need to study Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M) as this is a demanding course for the past few years and is continuing to grow each day. This BHM course offers a wide range of job scopes and for specializations during higher studies. It is considered to be a good course and also has a lot of money. The added advantage is traveling as part f the course. If you love traveling and interacting with people, the Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M) is the best course for you.
Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M) Course
Minimum eligibility required for BHM course is of students who have passed their 12th from recognized Board in any stream.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M)
The top colleges for the course Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M) have been listed below.
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition, New Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Mumbai
- WGSHA, Manipal
- IHMH, Hyderabad
Admission Procedure for Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M) Course
The admission process for the BHM course varies from college to college. Few of the colleges provide direct admission in BHM course based on Class 12th marks. Few other colleges depend upon National Entrance exams for the course, Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M) in 2021. Students must keep a regular check on the official website of a college to know more about the procedures.
Entrance Exams for Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M) Course
Two of the most popular entrance exams for Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M) are AIMA UGAT and NCHM JEE. The AIMA UGAT is usually for B.Sc and M.Sc in Hotel Management. NCHM JEE is conducted for entrance to various courses including B.C.A (Bachelor’s of Computer Applications).
Reference Books for Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M) Course
Top Books for admission to Bachelor’s of Hotel Management (B.H.M) in 2021 are
- Quantitative Aptitude eBook (ALL Parts Solved) by R.S Agarwal
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Agarwal
- Verbal Reasoning Book by R.S Agarwal
Syllabus for Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M) Course
The syllabus is given subject wise for Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M)
Food Production Foundation
- Introduction to the Art of Culinary,
- Methods of Cooking,
- Bakery and Confectionery,
- Basic Preparations,
- Kitchen Equipment,
- Food Commodities,
- Kitchen Hygiene,
- Kitchen Organization Layout, and Hierarchy,
- Cheese Classification,
- Food Commodities,
- Introduction in Indian Cuisine,
- Bakery and Confectionery.
Food & Beverage Service
- Food and Beverage Service Industry,
- Food and Beverage Service areas in Hotels,
- Food and Beverage Service Equipment,
- Food and Beverage Service Personnel,
- Food and Beverage Service Methods,
- Types of Meals,
- Room Service,
- Control Methods,
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages,
- Alcoholic Beverages,
- Other Fermented and Brewed Beverages,
- Function Catering,
- Restaurant Planning,
Food Safety and Hygiene
- Introduction to Food Safety,
- Food Microbiology,
- Food Preservation,
- Food adulteration & Additives,
- Food standards,
- Hygiene, and sanitation in the food sector.
General English Applications to Computers
- Introduction to Computers,
- Operating Systems,
- Word Processing,
- Accounting Theory,
- Account Records,
- Financial Statement,
- Depreciation Reserves and Provisions,
- Computer Applications.
- Housekeeping Department,
- Housekeeping Procedures,
- Cleaning of Public Areas,
- Hotel Guest Room,
- Cleaning Equipment.
Food Science and Nutrition
- Introduction to Food and Nutrition,
- Major Nutrients,
- Classification of raw materials into food groups,
- Factors influencing food intake and food habits,
- Balanced Diet/Menu planning,
- Importance of Therapeutic Diet.
Food Production Operation
- Outdoor Catering,
- Regional Cuisine,
- Quantity Food Production,
- Cuts of Meat & Meat Cookery,
- Popular International Cuisine,
- Cold cuts,
- Bakery and Confectionery,
- Food Styling,
- Banqueting Preparation,
- Cook chill system & cook freeze system,
- Menu Planning, Accompaniments, garnishes and Salads,
- Convenience Food & Fast Food,
- Garden Manager,
- Buffet preparation,
- Cleaning Science,
- Laundry Management,
- Safety Awareness, and First Aid,
- Safeguarding Assets,
- Pest Control,
- Housekeeping Supervision,
- Linen/Uniform/Tailor room,
- Cleaning of Guest Room,
- Interior Decoration,
- Colour Scheme,
- Furniture Arrangements,
- Floor and Wall Covering,
- Soft Furnishings and Accessories,
- Flower Arrangement,
- Refurbishment, and redecoration,
Front Office Operations
- Front office organization,
- Front office operations,
- The Accommodation Product,
- Front Office Responsibilities,
- Hospitality Industry,
- Products & Services,
- Hotel Organization,
- Lobby and Bill-desk Operation,
- Front office cash/checkout settlement,
- Front office accounting,
- Guest Complaint handling/Problem Solving,
- Credit Control.
Hotel Costing and Management Accounting
- Cost Accounting,
- Material Cost,
- Preparation of Cost sheet,
- Marginal costing technique,
- Standard costing technique,
- Visitors Tabular Ledger Uniform system of Accounting,
- Departmental accounting.
- Introduction to Financial Management,
- Financial statement,
- Ratio Analysis,
- Capital Budgeting,
- Fund flow statement,
- cash flow statement.
Travel & Tourism Management
- Tourism Phenomenon,
- Geography, and Tourism,
- Transport System,
- Travel Agencies,
- Tourism Organizations and Associations,
- Heritage of India,
- Tourism Industry,
- Types of Tours,
- Travel formalities & Regulations,
- Foreign Exchange,
Principles of Management
- The concept of Management,
- Management Thought Journey From Inception till today,
- Communication Coordination, and Controlling.
- The elasticity of Demand,
- Production Function,
- Cost of Production,
- Revenue Analysis,
- Market Structure,
- Pricing Policy.
Fees and Salary for Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M) Course
The average fees for admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management BHM 40,000 to Rs 5 lakh.
The starting salary for a graduate in Hotel Management BHM starts from Rs 2 LPA. This increases with experience.
Job Roles for Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M) Course
Top Job roles for Bachelor of Hotel Management have been listed.
- Front Office Attendant
- Front-of-House Manager
- Gaming Dealer
- Guest Relations Manager
- Guest Services Associate
- Guest Services Supervisor
1. Is hotel management a bachelor’s degree?
Yes, hotel management is a bachelor’s degree which is known as a Bachelor’s of hotel Management.
2. What is BSc hotel management?
B.Sc in hotel management is a bachelor’s degree focused on hotels.
3. Which subject is best for hotel management?
Marketing Management is considered to be the best for hotel management.
4. Is there any career in hotel management?
Yes, Hotel management offers a variety of specializations to offer and is an ever-growing sector.
5. How much percentage is needed for hotel management?
Minimum 50% is a good and safer option for admission to most colleges.