Air Hostess Course
Cabin crew plays a crucial role in the aviation industry that consists of Air Hostess (female) or Flight Steward (male). The Air hostess and Flight steward have the responsibility for the comfort, safety, and comfort of the passengers on board. Besides all these works, they have to manage emergency arrangements before and during the taking off and landing of the flight.
According to the aviation policy, the maximum fly hours for the air hostess and flight steward would of 72 hours in a month which ensures the work-life balance along with the handsome salaries.
According to a report released by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the Indian Aviation industry is the third-largest in the world. India has about six million aircraft and 400 million passenger departures and also this sector has recorded tremendous growth with the rising economic infrastructures, revealed by the Economic Report by Goldman Sachs.
Also Read: Bachelor of Arts
Air Hostess Course in India
- Air Hostess Courses after 12th in India
The Candidates need to apply directly to the aviation training institute after completing 12th from any recognized board. Here are the top training institutes for Aviation:
- Pacific Airways
- Aptima Air Hostess Academy
- Livewel Academy
- PTC Aviation Academy
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics (IGIA)
- Universal Aviation Academy (UAA)
- Certificate Courses for Air Hostess
Candidates can pursue the certificate courses after completing their 12th std schooling whereas there are some PG certificate courses that exist too. The duration of certificate courses varies from institute to institute depending upon the course format designed by them.
Generally, the FAST TRACK course lasts for 3 months whereas the GENERAL Certificate Course lasts for 6months to 1 year.
Top Certificate Air Hostess Courses
- Cabin Crew/ Flight attendant (Certification)
- Flight Purser (Certification)
- Air Hostess Training (Certification)
- Aviation Management and Hospitality (Certification)
- Airlines Hospitality (Certification)
- Hospitality and Air Travel Management (Certification)
- Airline Passenger Service (Certification)
- Airline Customer Service (Certification)
- Diploma Courses for Air Hostess
Interested candidates can apply for Air hostess Diploma Courses right after 12th std. PG diploma course can also be pursued after graduation for Air Hostess. The general duration of the Diploma course is between 6-12 months. Diploma Courses for Air Hostess are:
- Diploma in Cabin Crew/ Flight Attendant training
- Diploma in Air Hostess Training
- Diploma in Aviation Customer Care
- Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Management
- PG Diploma in International Airline and Travel
- Diploma in Travel, Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Diploma in Hospitality and Travel Management
- Degree Courses for Air Hostess
The degree courses hold the most value among all the courses that are being offered for the air hostess training. The degree courses have been designed for the trade of Air hostess and Aviation Hospitality in two formats. One is the Typical degree course that lasts for a course duration of 3 years whereas another one is Special Degree Courses that lasts for 2 years.
Top Degree Courses for Air Hostess Training are:
- B.Sc Aviation (Graduate candidates may become air hostess/ Cabin Crew/ Flight Attendant After the training offered by the respective Airlines).
- B.Sc in Air Hostess Training
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management (Graduate candidates may become air hostess/ Cabin Crew/ Flight Attendant After the training offered by the respective Airlines).
- Bachelor of Hospitality and travel management (Graduate candidates may become air hostess/ Cabin Crew/ Flight Attendant After the training offered by the respective Airlines).
- Degree in International Airline and travel management (Graduate candidates may become air hostess/ Cabin Crew/ Flight Attendant After the training offered by the respective Airlines).
Air Hostess Job Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for Air Hostess Training
- Educational Criteria Air Hostess training
- The candidates need to have passed 10+2 schooling with Arts/ Commerce/ Science.
- PG courses for air hostess training are also being offered in India and the candidates should have completed their graduation to pursue these courses.
- Age Limit for Air Hostess Training
- Minimum age: 17 years
- Maximum age: 26 years
You might also be interested in: Bachelor of Business Studies
Air Hostess Job Height Requirement
- Minimum height:
For Females: 157 cm or 5’2”
For Males: 170 cm or 5’7”
- the weight of the candidates needs to be in proportion to her/his weight.
- Candidates need to physically fit.
Medical Standard for Air Hostess Training
- Minimum Eyesight requirement is: 6/9
- Some airlines allow candidates to correct eyesight and improve it to 20/20
- Candidates shouldn`t have any medical history with serious Cardiovascular disease.
Other Requirements and Qualities for Air Hostess Training
- The aspirant should be polite and helpful in nature.
- The aspirant should have a smart and dynamic personality.
- The aspirant needs to have good communication skills.
- The aspirant should be fluent in foreign languages.
- The aspirant should have a pleasant and appealing personality.
- The candidate shouldn`t be married at the time of application.
- The aspirant should have the presence of mind and quick thinking.
- Aspirants should have leadership and team working capabilities.
Also Read: Bachelor of Architecture
Admission Process for Air Hostess Training
- Candidates need to qualify for a written exam followed by an interview to check their aptitude.
- All the reputed Air hostess training institutes follow the guidelines set by the DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation).
Air Hostess Training Institute & Fees
|College Rank||College Name||Course Fee|
|1||Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training, Delhi||INR 1.50 Lakh|
|2||Wings Air Hostess and Hospitality training, Gujrat||INR 1.35 lakh|
|3||Universal Aviation Academy, Chennai||INR 1Lakh|
|4||Jet Airways Training Academy, Mumbai||1.45 Lakh|
|5||The Bombay Flying Club`s College of Aviation, Mumbai||INR 1.50 lakh|
Air Hostess Salary in India
- The average salary for air hostess varies from INR 30K- 40K per month in domestic airlines.
- The average salary for an air hostess in international airlines is up to INR 2 lakh per month.
- Besides regular salary, an air hostess also gets benefits like medical insurance, discount on flight tickets, retirement benefits.
Read: Bachelor of Social Work
Air Hostess Job- Top Recruiters
- Indian Airlines
- Go Air
- Air India
- Delta Airlines
- Jet Airways
- Gulf Air
- British Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- United Air
- NLSIU Bangalore- Placements, Cut Off, Highest Package
- Parul University Vadodara- Fees, Courses, Ranking, Placement
- Doing Law And Company Secretary (CS) Both
- D.Pharma Course Fees, Syllabus, College, Eligibility
- LSAT India 2022-Registration, Exam Date, College, Syllabus, Result
- Christ University Entrance Test, Course Admissions, Fees
- NIFT 2023 Exam Date, Form, Syllabus PDF
- DU LLB Entrance Exam 2022- Date, Pattern, Syllabus
- Oberoi Hotels STEP Program Exam 2022- Fees And Placement
- Merchant Navy- Age Limit For Girls, Courses, Fees, Salary
Air Hostess- Job, Salary, Course Fees, Training Institute in India- FAQs
Question: Does a pilot come under the cabin crew?
Answer: The pilot has the responsibility for flying the aircraft whereas cabin crew members have the responsibility for the well-being of the passengers.
Question: Do air hostesses and flight stewards get holidays?
Answer: Yes, they do get weekends off and holidays depending upon their work schedules.
Question: What are the working hours for cabin crew members?
Answer: According to the guidelines set by DGCA, the cabin crew would not take any duty between 12 AM and 5 Am local time for the two consecutive nights.
Question: Can I get admission in air hostess course after 10th?
Answer: You are required to complete your 12th before you take admission for air hostess course.
Question: Is the air hostess job tough?
Answer: Yes, the air hostess job is considered to be tough as the job has no fixed timings.
|Know more about
B.Tech Production Engineering
|Know more about
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering