DGP Full Form: DGP stands for the Director-General of Police.
In India, the highest-ranking police officer is the Director-General of Police. The state or UT police force is led by the Director-General of Police. The State Police Chief is sometimes known as the Director-General of Police. Individuals assigned to the post of DGP are chosen from the Indian Police Service by the Cabinet. The Director-General of Police is a three-star officer, and the rank of DGP may be held by other officers in the state. Furthermore, officers with the rank of DGP may be appointed to similar positions in central government agencies.
Ranks/posts such as Director, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Director, SVPNPA, DG, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), and others are available in central government organisations.
The national emblem is placed over a crossed sword and baton in the rank insignia of a Director General of Police. Officers with the rank of DGP wear Gorget patches on their collars. Similar to ADGs and IGs, this patch has a dark blue backdrop with an oak leaf pattern sewn on it.
Read About: IG Full Form
DGP Full Form in Hindi (DGP ka Full Form)
डीजीपी का फुल फॉर्म पुलिस महानिदेशक के लिए है।
भारत में सर्वोच्च पद का पुलिस अधिकारी पुलिस महानिदेशक होता है। राज्य या केंद्र शासित प्रदेश के पुलिस बल का नेतृत्व पुलिस महानिदेशक करता है। राज्य के पुलिस प्रमुख को कभी-कभी पुलिस महानिदेशक के रूप में जाना जाता है। डीजीपी के पद पर नियुक्त व्यक्तियों को कैबिनेट द्वारा भारतीय पुलिस सेवा से चुना जाता है। पुलिस महानिदेशक एक तीन सितारा अधिकारी होता है, और राज्य में अन्य अधिकारियों के पास डीजीपी का पद हो सकता है। इसके अलावा, डीजीपी के रैंक वाले अधिकारियों को केंद्र सरकार की एजेंसियों में समान पदों पर नियुक्त किया जा सकता है।
रैंक / पद जैसे निदेशक, केंद्रीय जांच ब्यूरो (सीबीआई), निदेशक, एसवीपीएनपीए, डीजी, केंद्रीय रिजर्व पुलिस बल (सीआरपीएफ), और अन्य केंद्र सरकार के संगठनों में उपलब्ध हैं।
राष्ट्रीय प्रतीक को पुलिस महानिदेशक के रैंक के प्रतीक चिन्ह में एक क्रॉस की हुई तलवार और डंडों के ऊपर रखा जाता है। DGP रैंक के अधिकारी अपने कॉलर पर गोरगेट पैच पहनते हैं। एडीजी और आईजी के समान, इस पैच में गहरे नीले रंग की पृष्ठभूमि होती है, जिस पर ओक के पत्तों का पैटर्न सिल दिया जाता है।
Read About: SP Full Form
DGP Full Form and Responsibilities of the Director-General of Police
The following are the DGP’s responsibilities and functions:
- The Director-General of Police is in charge of the whole administration of the state or union territory’s police department.
- The Director-General of Police serves as a government adviser. The Director-General of Police is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Police Department’s administration.
- The internal economy is the responsibility of the Director-General of Police.
- The Director-General of Police is also in charge of the police force’s equipment, training, and discipline, as well as its overall efficiency.
- The Director-General of Police is the responsible authority for keeping peace and order, preventing and detecting crimes, and so on.
- The Director-General of Police is in charge of ensuring that all officers of all grades under him do their responsibilities effectively.
- The Director-General of Police is responsible for providing advice on police administration, crime, and law enforcement activities.
- Under the Police Act, the Director-General of Police has the authority to issue rules and directives. Important orders that result in drastic changes must be approved by the government and signed by the DGP or IGP.
- The DGP is also regarded as the major and central authority in charge of operations.
- Under the DGP, police action is taken in cases of strikes, riots, political movements, industrial disputes, or communal disturbances.
- Reserve police officers can also be called in by the DGP in the event of a major incident.
- The DGP is responsible for sending his copies of the tour schedule ahead of time. The Chief Minister, Home Minister, Chief Secretary, and Home Secretary, as well as Commissioners of Police, ADGP, IG of Police, Dy. Inspectors General of Police, Superintendents of Police, and other officers receive copies of the tour schedule from the DGP.
Read About: FIR Full Form
DGP Full Form: The Director-General of Police
The abbreviation CP stands for “Commissioner of Police” in its complete form. The man in charge of the police force is the Commissioner of Police. The Commissioner of Police may hold the ranks of ADGP, IGP, or DIGP. The Commissioner of Police has executive magistrate powers and is aided by one or more Joint Commissioners of Police. Meanwhile, DGP stands for Director-General of Police, who is a 3-star rank official and the highest-ranking officer in the state or union territory. They are IPS officers with possible concurrent postings in the CBI, CRPF, and other agencies.
Whereas the CP is in charge of the Commissionarate in large cities, districts, and so on, the DGP is in charge of the entire state’s police force.
While the Commissioner of Police is not present in all states, the Director-General of Police is present in all states and union territories.
A posting, not a rank, is referred to as a CP. The CP is the commissioner’s most senior police officer. Director-General of Police, on the other hand, is the highest rank in the State Police hierarchy and is not referred to as a posting.
The IGP Rank, ADGP Rank, or even the SSP might be the CP. The Director-General of Police, on the other hand, is the highest-ranking officer in the state or union territory and is in charge of the whole police force. The Commissioner of Police (CP) usually reports to the Director-General of Police (DGP), however, there are notable outliers, such as the Delhi or Kolkata Police Departments. The DGP, on the other hand, does not report to the CP.
Read About: SI Full Form
|CBSE Full Form||ICSE Full Form|
|CEO Full Form||SOP Full Form|
|AM PM Full Form||ACP Full Form|
FAQs on DGP full form
What does DSP stand for in its entire form?
The Deputy Superintendent of Police is the full form of DSP.
What does DGP stand for in full?
The Director-General of Police is the full form of DGP.
What does ASP stand for in full?
Assistant Superintendent of Police is the full version of ASP.
What does SP stand for in its entire form?
The Superintendent of Police is the full form of SP.
What does ACP stand for in full?
Assistant Commissioner of Police is the full form of ACP.