CLAT 2024 Registration is now closed. The Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) has announced the CLAT Exam Date 2024 session, which will take place on December 3, 2023. The CLAT Application Form 2024 was launched on July 1, 2023, and candidates had the opportunity to complete it until November 10, 2023, since the CLAT Registration 2024 Deadline was extended. Save this page to acquire the most up-to-date information on the CLAT 2024 Exam Date, CLAT 2024 Registration, how the selection process goes through CLAT, participating colleges, cutoff, and other topics.
CLAT Exam Date 2024
The CLAT Exam Date 2024 will be held in offline mode on December 3, 2023, according to the announcement. The CLAT exam for 2024 will consist of 120 questions in total, with applicants having two hours to finish the exam. CLAT syllabus 2024 for UG courses is divided into five categories: English Language, Current Affairs (including General Knowledge), Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude. CLAT question papers for PG courses, on the other hand, are based on law disciplines such as Constitutional Law, Contract Law, Tort Law, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR, and Jurisprudence, as well as Law topics and Contemporary concerns.
CLAT PG 2024 Exam Date
The CLAT PG exam will take two hours for candidates to finish. The test format and syllabus for CLAT 2024 PG have not changed. The exam date for CLAT PG 2024 Exam Date is December 3, 2023.
CLAT 2024 Overview
The CLAT exam is largely used for admission to legal programs at participating NLUs, including the top three law schools in India according to the National Institutes Ranking Framework (NIRF). However, CLAT is also approved by major private law schools in India. Aside from admissions, Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) use CLAT LLM scores to fill various posts in their Legal departments. check out important details regarding the Common Law Admission Test 2024 exam.
|Exam Name||Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)|
|Exam Level||National-level exam|
|Conducting Body||Consortium of NLUs|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
Admission to UG and PG law courses offered by participating NLUs admission to private and self-financed colleges recruitment for legal positions
|Mode of CLAT Application Process 2024||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|CLAT Exam Date 2024||December 3, 2023|
|Number of Seats||
UG program – more than 3,000 seats
PG program – around 1,000 seats
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
080 47162020 (10:00 am to 5:00 pm)
As we know the CLAT 2024 Exam Date has been announced by the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) for the session 2024. So here we are going to give you a brief introduction to What is CLAT Exam.
- The CLAT, or Common Law Admission Test, is a national-level law entrance exam for admission to 22 national law universities and over 70 affiliated colleges.
- The exam is largely used to gain admission to legal programmes at participating NLUs, including the top three law schools in India according to the National Institutes Ranking Framework (NIRF).
- Through the Centralised Admission Process of Seat Assignment, approximately 3,000 undergraduate seats and 1,000 postgraduate seats are filled at participating NLUs.
- However, CLAT is also approved by top private law schools in our country. The Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) will administer the CLAT exam for 2024 in pen-and-paper style.
CLAT 2024 Dates
The CLAT exam date 2024 was issued by the Consortium of NLUs in the early admission notification and on the official website – consortiumofnlus.ac.in. The Common Law Admission Test 2024 CLAT registration is ended. The CLAT important dates for 2024 are shown in the table below:
|CLAT 2024 Important Dates|
|Early Notification||May 2023|
|CLAT Application Process 2024 Starts||
July 1, 2023
|CLAT Registration Last date for 2024||November 10, 2023 (Closed)|
|Application form correction window||November 9- November 12, 2023 (Ended)|
|Release Date of CLAT Admit Card for 2024||November 2023|
|CLAT Exam Date 2024||
December 3, 2023 (Announced)
|Official CLAT answer key 2024||December 2023|
|Release of final CLAT answer key for 2024||December 2023|
|Declaration of CLAT result 2024||December 2023 or January 2024|
|Commencement of CLAT counselling 2024||January 2024|
CLAT Notification 2024
The official CLAT Notification 2024 for filling out application forms is out at consortiumofnlus.ac.in. According to the most recent announcement sent by the National Law University Consortium, “the Common Law Admission Test 2024 will be held on Sunday, December 3, 2023. The CLAT Notification 2024 contains succinct and well-organized information regarding the Common Law Admission Test 2024. Candidates seeking admission to national law schools should review the CLAT information information, which is provided below.
CLAT 2024 Official Website
It is important to note that all genuine information on the Common Law Admission Test 2024 exam date and other such as registration, admit card , result may be found solely on the CLAT Official Website for 2024. The Common Law Admission Test 2024 application forms was available online at the official website – consortiumofnlus.ac.in untill November 10, 2023. CLAT is one of the most demanding entrance tests for admission to law institutions in India, including five-year integrated LLB and one-year LLM programmes. Candidates who meet the stipulated qualifying criteria must complete the CLAT Registration 2024 and submit it by the deadline.
CLAT Admission Process 2024
The Consortium of NLUs starts the Common Law Admission Test 2024 application Process on July 1, 2023. The official website, consortiumofnlus.ac.in, can be used to access the Common Law Admission Test – CLAT for 2024 Application Form. The Common Law Admission Test 2024 will be held in offline mode on December 3, 2023. Previously, the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) altered the CLAT syllabus 2024. In the Common Law Admission Test 2024 exam, candidates will now be expected to attempt 120 questions rather than 150. Except for the reduced amount of questions, the CLAT syllabus 2024 and exam pattern remain the same.
CLAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The CLAT qualifying criteria 2024 for their LLB and LLM courses must be disclosed to candidates seeking admission to NLUs through the Common Law Admission Test 2024 exam.
CLAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria for 5-year LLB
The collaborating NLUs will additionally double-check if a shortlisted candidate meets the eligibility requirements. Here is a summary of the CLAT eligibility criteria 2024 for undergraduate courses.
|CLAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria for 5-year LLB|
|Age limit||No age limit|
|Educational Qualifying||Class 12 or an equivalent test from a recognized educational board/university/institute.|
|Minimum qualifying marks||
CLAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria for LLM Programme
Candidates who intend to compete in CLAT 2023 must meet the consortium’s qualifying requirements. The Common Law Admission Test 2024 eligibility criteria for PG courses are listed below.
|CLAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria for One year LLM|
|Age limit||There is no upper age limit.|
|Educational Qualification||An undergraduate law degree from a BCI-recognized law school/university.|
|Minimum qualifying marks||
How to fill CLAT 2024 Application Form?
- CLAT Registration 2024 – The candidate must register by providing their name, phone number, and email address.
- To access the application form, log in with your email address and password.
- Select a Course of Study – After checking in, the first step is to choose a programme of study. 5-year LLB , 1-year LLB
- Complete the CLAT Application form 2024– There will be spaces for personal information, communication details, qualifying examination status, exam center preferences, and reservation. All fields must be completed.
- Once all of the information has been entered, agree to the declaration, provide consent, and submit the form.
- CLAT application fee 2024 – In the final step, pay the application fee (which varies by category) online using credit or debit cards, or net banking.
- Register by providing information such as your name, email address, and phone number. Upload scanned copies of your signature, photograph, and other documents in the format specified.
Scanned Signature, Photograph Format
The image size and format are shown below.
Size & format
20 kb – 50 kb in JPEG format
10 kb – 20 kb in JPEG format
CLAT Application Fee 2024
During the time of CLAT Registration 2024, candidates must pay the CLAT application fee 2024. The CLAT Registration fee for 2024 would be Rs. 4,000 for general applicants and Rs. 3,500 for SC and ST candidates.
- General/OBC/SAP and other category applicants pay 4000/-
- SC/ST category candidates pay 3500/-
CLAT Application Form Correction 2024
The CLAT Application Correction 2024 Window has ended. Candidates should be aware that changes to the CLAT Application Form 2024 can only be done within the timeframe specified. Candidates were allowed to modify their CLAT Test Centre 2024 preferences. Candidates could make the following adjustments until the CLAT 2024 Application Correction Window opens:
- Candidate’s Full Name
- Father’s Name
- Email Address
- Mother’s Name
- Exam Centre
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
NEW CLAT Pattern 2024
The Common Law Admission Test 2024 exam will be in pen-paper mode and question paper for the UG Course will be available only in English. The CLAT exam pattern 2024 contains a number of questions, total time, section-wise questions, the type of questions, the marking scheme, and several other vital facts. The CLAT UG exam 2024 will be a 2-hour exam with 120 multiple-choice questions worth one point each. There is also a 1/4 point negative marking for each incorrect answer. Check out the CLAT exam pattern 2024 in detail here.
|CLAT Pattern 2024|
|Type of questions||
Objective type test
|Total number of MCQ question||
CLAT UG – 120
CLAT PG – 120 – No essay section in CLAT PG”
|CLAT Exam duration||2 hours|
1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer
|Negative marking||0.25 marks|
Policies for CLAT Reservations for Indian Nationals –
- For admission to NLUs, candidates have to verify CLAT 2024 Reservation Policy Eligibility as accepted by participating colleges.
- The Domicile Reservation category was been added by Gandhinagar National Law University (GNLU), Silvassa. All participating NLUs have distinct reservation conditions and seat intake.
- The exam body publishes the merit list for all engaging National Law Universities (NLUs) based on their state/UT government’s reservation requirements.
Foreign Nationals & NRI Candidates Reservation Policies for CLAT 2024 –
Candidates interested in enrolling in NLUs should review the CLAT 2024 Criteria for NRIs and Foreign Nationals below:
- CLAT 2024 would be taken by Indian Nationals/NRIs seeking admission to UG courses.
- Foreign nationals are not required to take the exam.
- Candidates may refer to the e-brochure of the individual Institutions available on the Consortium website for any information relevant to the 22 NLUs.
- For further information on NRI/NRI Sponsored/Foreign National seats, applicants can consult the e-brochures and websites of the different NLUs. All NRI Category candidates must take the CLAT 2024 examination for those NLUs where such students are admitted through the CLAT 2024 rankings rather than directly by the concerned universities. For further information, please visit the NLU website.
- The e-Brochure provides very basic information on the intake, reservation policy, fee, programmes offered, and subjects taught at various levels, including areas of specialization, and so on.
CLAT Cut off 2024
Candidates can look at the cutoff ranks for CLAT 2023 courses in participating institutes in the table below for reference.
|CLAT Cut-Off Trends 2024|
|Opening Rank||Closing Ranks|
|National Law School of India University, Bangalore||1||7829|
|National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi||552||33716|
|National Law University Odisha, Cuttack||504||24895|
National Law Institute University, Bhopal
|National Law University, Jodhpur||70||9131|
|Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar||147||15666|
|Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow||423||25951|
|Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala||339||23192|
Chanakya National Law University Patna
|Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur||1163||41671|
|Dr B R Ambedkar National Law University Sonipat, Haryana||767||41693|
|National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi||939||29244|
|National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam||1102||42731|
|Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU),Visakhapatnam||538||37010|
The Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirapalli
|NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad||25||12004|
Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad
Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla
|Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai||325||30641|
|The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata||136||15805|
|Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur||425||40767|
|National Law University, Tirupura||Not Participating||NP|
|GNLU Silvassa Campus||583||28844|
CLAT 2024 Syllabus
The CLAT syllabus 2024 and exam framework remain essentially unaltered. As a result, law students who want to take the Common Law Admission Test should begin preparing now. The UG CLAT syllabus 2024 and the PG CLAT syllabus 2024 are diametrically opposed. CLAT questions 2024 will cover topics including English, legal aptitude, logical reasoning, arithmetic, and general knowledge, including current events. The first step in your preparation should be to thoroughly review the Common Law Admission Test 2024 syllabus. To download the Common Law Admission Test 2024 Syllabus PDF, follow the link provided below.
|CLAT Syllabus 2024, UG & PG PDF Download from Official Website|
CLAT 2024 Coaching
CLAT Coaching for the Common Law Admission Test 2024 preparation is extremely popular among law students. Students must be well-prepared as well as have a strategy in place before taking competitive exams like the Common Law Admission Test 2024. Online law entrance Coaching provides the ideal platform to assist students in their preparation journey. Adda247 offers an online classroom programme in which a team of qualified law experts will assist you in passing the Common Law Admission Test 2024. CLAT Preparation 2024 Online, mock tests, and live doubt-clearing sessions let you comprehend the concepts effectively. Students who want to study for competitive exams like CLAT, AILET, and SLAT can also join our online coaching. It is one of the top online CLAT preparation 2024 courses.