Hello readers! Hope you all are doing well. Remember to take care of yourself and your family, especially at such times. Coming back to the topic of this article, are you interested in becoming a pilot? Are you searching for an article on how to become one? If yes, this is the right place where we will guide you on how to become a commercial pilot in India.
How to become Commercial Pilot after 12th Boards: 2021
To enroll in a commercial pilot course, you need to have passed a few eligibility points. The points have been listed below:
- You should be 17 or above in age in the year of admission
- Must have at least 50% in 12th Boards. The percentage criteria differ from college to college.
- You must be from a Science background, having Physics, Chemistry, and Maths in 12th.
- If you are from other backgrounds, you can pursue the subjects required from Open Board.
- A medical certificate is required, signed by a government verified doctor.
Eligibility for Commercial Pilot
To enroll in a commercial pilot course after your 12th boards, 2021 you need to enroll in an institute. Before that, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) conducts an entrance exam which year. The entrance test mainly consists of questions related to Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. Once you pass the test you are eligible for admission to various commercial pilot training institutes in India. The entrance test is known as IGRUA Entrance Test.
What is Commercial Pilot all about?
Commercial pilots are the ones who fly commercial flights which commute daily. They are the ones who fly airplanes and helicopters commercially.
Why be a Commercial Pilot?
If you are a person who loves traveling and exploring, a commercial pilot can be a job to look up to. In this job, you won’t be given a fixed routine to follow. You can have flights in the early morning at 3 am and at times they might be at 5 pm. If you want a job which pays you high amounts, this is the one.
To become a commercial pilot in India, we need to have few certificates. When and where can we get these certificates to become a certified professional commercial pilot have been discussed in the next paragraph.
Click here to know about B.Sc
Certificates for becoming a Certified Commercial Pilot
Certificates to have for becoming a commercial pilot in India have been listed below.
- The first one is Commercial Pilot License. (CPL)
- DGCA gives the CPL
- Students who aspire to become commercial pilots must enroll themselves in a DGCA Approved Institution and complete 200 hours of flying.
- Passing the theory paper is mandatory to get the certificate.
Interested in pursuing B.Tech?
Top Colleges for Commercial Pilot Training in India: 2021
Some of the top colleges for commercial pilot training in India have been listed below.
List of Commercial Pilot Government Colleges
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udan Akademi, Rae Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh Aviation Academy, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Amritsar Aviation Club, Amritsar, Punjab
- Bihar Flying Institute, Patna, Bihar
- Bombay Flying Club, Mumbai, Maharashtra
List of Commercial Private Colleges
- Academy of Carver Aviation, Pune
- Ahmedabad Aviation and Aeronautics Limited, Ahmedabad
- Ambitions Academy, Mumbai
- Avel Flight School, Chennai
- Banasthali Gliding and Flying Club, Tonk.
Syllabus for Commercial Pilot Training: 2021
The syllabus for undergoing Commercial pilot Training in India, 2021 has been listed below.
- Flight Training Process
- Flight Hours- Solo Flights & Dual Flights
- Basic Flight Instruments
- Power-Off Stalls
- Stability and Control
- Training Airplane
- Maneuvering During Slow Flight
- Go- around procedures
- Grading Criteria
- Power-On Stalls
- Eight-on Pylons
- Flight Information
- Flight Physiology
- Forces Acting on Airplane
- Aeromedical Factors
- Normal & Cross Wind Take Off, Climb, Approach and Landing
- VOR Navigation
Click here to know about the revised syllabus of CBSE Classes 9 to 12.
Salary and Training cost of Commercial Pilot in India: 2021
The fees for pursuing Commercial Pilot Training in India are around Rs 15- 20 Lakhs.
The average salary for an Airline Pilot is Rs 46,87,900 per year (₹3,90,650 per month).
Coming to the end of this article, we have seen the need to study commercial pilot training in 2021, India. The salary scope after graduating and many more.
|To Know About
Top 5 Career Option After IIT Jee
|To Know About
Bachelor of fashion Designing
FAQ’S on Commercial Pilot
How do you become a commercial airline pilot?
You can become a commercial pilot by opting for the course of Commercial Pilot in India. For other ways to become a pilot in India, you can refer to our article to know more about it.
How many years does it take to become a commercial pilot?
It takes 3 months to earn a private pilot license and takes 1500 hours flight time to become a commercial pilot which would approximately take 2 years.
Is becoming a pilot hard?
Yes becoming a pilot needs a strong determination with a lot of hard work.
What is the cheapest way to become a pilot?
The cheapest way is to opt for alternate CPL Courses.
What is the salary of a pilot?
We have stated the starting salary of a commercial pilot in India and the job prospects available for them. It is approximately Rs 46, 87,900 per year. (Average salary)