CLAT Exam Pattern 2022
The Consortium of NLUs has released the CLAT 2022 exam pattern on its official website – consortiumofnlus.ac.in. The CLAT 2022 exam pattern includes information about the standardized test structural system, such as the method in which the exam will be performed, the evaluation procedure, the number of questions, and the test period. The candidate can match their study with the exam standards by consulting the CLAT 2022. The undergraduate test paper will have 150 problems, while the CLAT LLM 2022 examination will have 120 questions, according to the exam pattern. Given that both the UG and PG tests in CLAT 2022 are 120 minutes, speed and correctness will be essential.
Are you in class12th/passed and willing to get admission in TOP COLLEGE of India ?
Fill up google form for the right guidance towards your GOAL
CLAT Exam Pattern 2022: Analysis
- The CLAT UG paper will feature 150 objective-type questions, while the LLM paper will have 120 questions. Each question will be worth one mark, with 0.25 points deducted for each incorrect response. rs, including their reading, critical thinking, and analytical thinking abilities.
- Passage-based problems will be there in the CLAT exam. There will be 300-400 word excerpts on the exam questions, excluding the Quantitative Aptitudes part. These sections will be used to generate questions.
- In another section, rather than passages, questions will be based on “short collections of facts or propositions, graphs, or other textual, visual, or diagrammatic representations of numerical information.”
- The subjective/descriptive/essay writing portion will be there in the CLAT exam. In CLAT UG and CLAT LLM, there is no subjective/descriptive/essay writing section. For the time being, it has been removed from the CLAT pattern.
- The undergraduate exam will be graded on a scale of 10+2 points.
- The paper will assess the candidate’s ability to read, think critically, and analyse analytically, among other things.
CLAT 2022 UG Exam pattern
- Duration: 2 hours
- Nature of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Total no. of questions: 150
- Marking scheme: 01 marks for the correct answers. For the wrong answers, -0.25 marks are deducted.
|English language||Legal reasoning|
|Logical reasoning||Quantitative techniques|
|Current affairs including general
CLAT PG 2022 Exam pattern
- Duration: The duration of the exam is 2 hours
- Type of questions: Objective type (multiple – choice questions)
- Maximum marks: The maximum marks is 120
- For the correct answers, +1 marks are awarded. For the wrong answers, -0.25 marks are deducted.
CLAT Exam pattern Change 2022-2023
On the CLAT question paper for Undergraduate programmes, there are 150 multiple-choice questions. The 150 multiple-choice questions totalled 150 scores. On the other hand, the CLAT question paper for LLM courses includes both objective and subjective problems. Subjective questions were eliminated from the CLAT LLM test format by the Consortium in 2021.
The exam will be conducted in an offline/pen-paper format, and the type of questions will be multiple-choice. The total marks for the UG paper will be 150, and the number of questions for the PG paper will be 120. Both the undergraduate and graduate exams will last 120 minutes. Furthermore, the paper will be written in English. Both will have the same marking scheme, with one mark for each objective-type question and a 0.25 mark reduced for each incorrect attempt.
For UG, the number of questions in the English Language could be anything around 28-32 questions and will hold a weightage of around 20%. For the Current Affairs, including General Knowledge, in the UG paper, 35-39 questions will be there with a total weightage of around 25%. Legal Reasoning will have around 35-39 questions and will have a weightage of around 25%. Meanwhile, Logical Reasoning has 28-32 questions. Logical Reasoning has a weightage of 20% in UG CLAT. Quantitative Techniques will have 13-17 questions with 10% weightage.
Moreover, CLAT PG Subjects, Constitutional Law, Other Law Subjects, including Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence will constitute 120 marks in the entrance exam.
CLAT Exam Pattern 2022: FAQs
Is there a multiple-choice component to the CLAT exam?
CLAT is a 150-mark offline MCQ-based test for UG courses.
What is a good CLAT score?
In the general category, candidates should aspire for a score of 110 or better.
Is there a need for math on the CLAT?
The CLAT exam does not require any arithmetic.
Is CLAT more challenging than Jee?
CLAT is less difficult to pass than JEE.
What is the total number of CLAT questions?
CLAT consists of 150 questions for undergraduates and 120 questions for graduate students.