What is B.Sc in Interior Designing all about?
Bachelor of Science in Interior Designing is an undergraduate course. The total duration of the B.sc Interior Designing is 3 years. Students with a creative and artistic mind can opt for the course. The course teaches the students about complete interior designing along with practical internships available in the final year of the undergraduate degree.
Why do students need to study B.Sc in Interior Designing 2021?
Students having a creative mind and wish to advance their career in the field of interior designing can opt for the course. This B.sc Interior Designing is a complete package right from visualizing to making the thought a reality. It is a professional course which is why students can start their job in this field right after finishing the degree.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc in Interior Designing 2021
Eligibility criteria to get admission for B.Sc in Interior Designing 2021 have been listed.
- Student must have completed their 12th Boards from a recognized University.
- Students must be from the Science stream and must have Maths, Physics, and Chemistry as their subjects.
- The minimum age should be 17 years, at the time of admission.
- The student must have scored at least 50% in their Board exams.
Top Colleges for B.Sc in Interior Designing 2021
The top 5 colleges for B.Sc in Interior Designing are:
- Interior School of Design, Mumbai
- Vogue Institute of Art and Design, Bangalore
- International Institute of Fashion Design, Jaipur
- Pearl Academy, Delhi
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
Admission Procedure for B.Sc in Interior Designing 2021
Admission Procedure varies from college to college. Few colleges take admission for B.Sc in Interior Designing based on Class 12th marks. Yet others conduct their entrance test or rely upon common entrance test results. The student should keep a regular check on the official website of the college in which they are interested to take admission.
Entrance Exams for B.Sc in Interior Designing 2021
The top 5 entrance exams students can opt for before taking admission to Bachelor of Science in Interior Designing.
- All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED)
- National Aptitude Test for Architecture (NATA)
- Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED)
- National Council for Interior Design Qualification Exam (NCIDQ)
- National Institute of Design Design Aptitude Test (NID DAT)
Reference Books for B.Sc in Interior Designing 2021
The top 5 reference books for aspirants willing to take admission in B.Sc in Interior Designing have been listed below.
- NID DAT Books (Aptitude Section)
- UCEED(BDes) Entrance Books and Test Series
- Analytical Reasoning, Mental Aptitude, Verbal Aptitude (UCEED Guide)
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
The books mentioned above are from the same author, R.S Agarwal.
Syllabus for B.Sc in Interior Designing 2021
The syllabus for Interior Designing is listed below.
- Introduction to Design
- Importance of design
- Definitions and Meaning of Design
- Examples of Design from Nature
- Colour and Material
- Fundamental Elements of Design in 2-D and their Definitions
- Introduction to the Principles of Design in 2- D and 3-D
- Use of Grids
- Creating Repetitive Patterns
- Concepts of Geometry
- Transformations of 2-D to 3-D
- Understanding the Behaviour of 3-D Forms when Combined
- Introduction to Different 3-D Forms and Primitive Forms and Shapes
- Colour Psychology
- Colour Systems: Munsell, DIN, Ostwald, CIE, OAS, Gerritsen, Kupper, NCS, Colour-aid System, Simplified Colour System, and Colour Systems in Practice
- Introduction – Physics, Physiology, and Psychology of Colours
- Colour Terminology, Special Colour Issues, Mixed Colour Effects, Effects of Texture, Using Colour Systems, Problems with Colour
- Colors- Visible Spectrum, Colored Light, Colour Temperature, Colour Interaction, Color Blindness
- Use of Colour in Various Functional Contexts – Residential Interiors, Non Residential Interiors
- Colour Wheel
- Use of Colour in Special Situations – Outdoor or Indoor Spaces, Accessories, Art Works, etc.
- Primary, Secondary, Tertiary Colours, Colour Schemes, Colour Value
- Intensity and Modification of Colour Hues
- Colour Harmony, Use of Colour Harmony
- Colour Charts
- Creativity And Problem Solving
- Definitions of Creativity
- Tools and Techniques of Creativity
- Thinking Techniques
- Introduction To Art And Interior Design
- Purpose and Relevance of Art
- Study of Ornament in Interior Design
- Introduction to Heritage Interiors
- Development of Art
- Exploration of Art Forms
- General Understanding of Interior Design and Integration with Architecture
- Various Elements of Society
- Design Drawing And Graphics
- Industrial Revolution and its Influence on Society and Culture
- Fundamentals of Drawing and its Practice
- Interiors and Furniture Sketching
- Interior Design Materials And Applications
- Measuring and Drawing to Scale
- Communication Skills
- Masonry, Bamboo, Timber, Wood, Cane
- Introduction to Model Making
- Introduction to Moulds
- Introduction to the Ceramic Materials used for Model Making
- Hand Building Techniques
- Space Planning
- Introduction to Design Methodology
- Problem Statements
- Basic Anthropometrics
Fees, Jobs, and Salary for B.Sc in Interior Designing 2021
The average fees for admission to B.Sc in Interior Designing vary from Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 Lakh.
The starting salary for a B.Sc interior Designer graduate is Rs 1.2 Lakh to Rs 1.5 Lakhs
Job Roles for B.Sc in Interior Designing 2021
Job roles after one graduate in Bachelor of Science in Interior Designing in 2021 are:
- Interior Designer
- Furniture Designer
- Exhibition Designer
- Visual Merchandiser
- 3- D Artist
1. What can I do after BSC in interior designing?
After B.Sc in Interior Designing, one can opt for the job roles mentioned in the article.
2. Is Interior Design a good career?
Yes, interior design is an upcoming career and is in high demand.
3. Is Interior Design a high-paying job?
Yes, interior designing pays well for a good and secure future.
4. Which country is best for interior design jobs?
The United States is among the leading countries in Interior Designing.
5. Which field is best in architecture?
Interior Designing is a usual choice among students in architecture.
Bachelor of Fashion Technology
Bachelor of Dental surgery 2021