SCMC Pune is the sole media institute in our country that offers specialization in addition to extensive curricula. Symbiosis Centre for Media and Communication is a division of and housed within SIU, Symbiosis International University, which is located in Pune, Maharashtra. Widely regarded as India’s premier mass communication college, SCMC Pune has established a reputation for itself in the field of media and communication education since its inception in 2008.
SCMC is a Symbiosis International University (SIU) department within the Faculty of Media Communication (FoMC). In addition to conventional academics and research, SCMC Pune also provides online and practical learning opportunities. SCMC Pune is our country’s ultimate media institute that provides undergraduate specialization/courses supported by an extensive curriculum, academic sessions led by professionals with extensive industry experience, interactive internships, and initiatives.
SCMC Pune Highlights
The SCMC Pune is situated at Viman Nagar Campus Survey No. 231, of New Airport Road, Viman Nagar, Pune, Maharashtra. The closest railroad stop is Pune Junction Railway Station, which is 6.4 kilometers away. Symbiosis Centre for Media and Communication (SCMC Pune), founded in 2008, is a department of Symbiosis International University (SIU) within the Faculty of Media Communication (FoMC) in Pune. At the undergraduate level, the department offers a BA course. Admission to the programme is competitive. Furthermore, SCMC Pune organizes various capability enhancement programmes, study tours, and field trips for students. The following is a brief overview of SCMC Pune:
|SCMC Pune Overview|
|College ranking (2019)||
SCMC Pune Ranked 9th among the top BBA colleges in India by India Today
|Modes of education||Full-time|
|Number of courses offered||1 course in 1 stream|
|Total no. of seats||300|
|Highest & Average salary offered (2020)||Highest CTC: Rs 8.2 LPA
Average CTC: Rs 5.15 LPA
Symbiosis International University (Deemed)
|Official Website||SCMC Pune|
Class 12 Vardhan eBook by Adda247
SCMC Pune Facilities & Infrastructure
SCMC Pune facilities provide a hostel, health club, library, cafeteria, lecture theatre, wifi, convenience store, and guest rooms, among others. Symbiosis Centre for Media and Communication Pune has a well-equipped library with a wide range of technical and non-technical books that address all aspects of Mass, Media, and Communication Management. SCMC Pune also promotes a healthy learning environment by empowering students to participate in sports activities. The SCMC Pune college also has a cafe where students can eat and socialize in their spare time. SCMC Pune provides hostel facilities to students to meet their housing needs.
Symbiosis Law School Pune: Fees, Placement, Courses, Ranking
SCMC Pune Rankings
The SCMC Pune has received numerous awards and is ranked among the top media institutes in India for its prime aim. SCMC PUNE’s goal is to develop unique lecturers and specialists who comprehend international problems and actively participate in solving them. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has given Symbiosis Centre for Media and Communication Pune an ‘A’ grade. SCMC Pune’s mission is to develop students’ innate abilities and aptitudes, as well as to provide them with technical expertise and abilities.
SCMC PUNE Accreditation
Ranks & Awards
|Year / Given By|
Approved by UGC Act 1956, New Delhi
India’s Premier Mass Communication College
IIRF MBA Rankings 2023: Check Out Top Govt and Private B Schools in India
SCMC Pune 2023 Important Dates
Symbiosis International (Deemed University) has begun the online registration process for the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET), a university-level entrance test held annually for admissions to BBA, BCA, BA Mass Communication, BSc Economics Honours, and other programmes. The university offers programmes in eight different domains, including Law, Management, Health Sciences, Media & Communication, Computer Studies, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering, and Architecture & Design. Important Symbiosis Entrance Test dates 2023 are listed below.
|SMSC Pune 2023 Events||Important Dates|
|SET 2023 Registration & Payment begins Online||11th January 2023|
|Deadline for SET 2023 registration and payment||April 12, 2023|
|SET 2023 Admit card (TEST 1)||April 22, 2023|
|SET 2023 Admit card (TEST2)||28 April 2023|
|SET 2023 Exam TEST 1||May 6, 2023|
|SET 2023 Exam TEST 2||May 14, 2023|
|SET 2023 Results Announcement||May 24, 2023|
|Shortlist for PI for BA Mass communication program||May 30, 2023|
|Deadline for online registration & payment for – SCMC BA Mass communication program||May 22, 2023|
|PI Dates BA Mass communication program||June 9-June 14, 2023|
Also, Check –
IPMAT INDORE 2023 Application, Exam Date , Syllabus
JPMAT JAMMU 2023 Application, Exam Date , Syllabus
IPMAT Rohtak Application, Exam date,Syllabus
SCMC Courses 2023 & Fees
The Popular SCMC PUNE Courses are as follows –
- The SCMC Pune Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication programme spans three years and six semesters. The SCMC B.A. (M.C) programme ensures that students receive quality and current media knowledge by delivering practical sessions, theoretical lectures, presentations, and assignments. The entire three-year programme grooms students and prepares them to lead an organisation with a team drive.
|BA Mass Communication||INR 9.20 Lakhs||Candidates with a minimum of 50% in any subject from a recognised board who have finished 10+2 or 10+3 (a diploma authorised by the state board of technical education) are also eligible to apply, as are students awaiting results.|
- The MSMC Pune two-year BBA programme is offered full-time. Semester-based instruction was used in the classroom. This course offers specialisations in Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, International Business, Accounting and Finance, Entrepreneurship, and Environmental Management. Check the chart below for the BBA eligibility requirements and cost.
|Courses||Total tuition Fees||Eligibility|
|BBA||INR 9.1 lakh||10+2: 50 %
|SCMS Pune BBA Programme
|Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies (SCMS Pune)||
Bachelor of Business Administration
|Types of scholarships offered||
The Hindu, Network 18 Alive Now, Zomato & many more
|Highest placement package (2020)||INR 10 LPA|
|Average placement package (2020)||INR 4.22 LPA|
- The SCMC PUNE B.A.(M.C.) programme offers specialisations in Print Journalism, Digital Films, Radio, Advertising and Branding, PR, Copywriting, Screenwriting, Data Journalism, Advertising and Branding, and Corporate Communications in the final year.
Jindal Global Law School,Exam,Courses,Fees,Placement,Scholarship
SCMC Pune Admission 2023
Applicants who want admission at SCMC Pune must take the SET Exam. Students in the undergraduate Mass Communication programme at SCMC Pune are eligible for enrollment. Admissions are available for the BA in mass communication programme at the Symbiosis Center for Media and Communication (SCMC). The Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET), Personal Interaction (PI), and Document Verification (DV) processes are all part of the SCMC Pune admissions procedure. Students should be aware that the SET application procedure consists of two steps.
Candidates must take the SET, a common-objective written exam that is administered annually in May, after submitting an application during the first round of the Symbiosis Centre for Media and Communication admissions process. Candidates who have been shortlisted for the Symbiosis Centre for Media and Communication’s second round of admission must show up for the PI and DV process. It should be noted that the official SCMC Pune website will be where all admissions-related information will be posted.
Also Check: IIM Rohtak 5-Year Integrated Law Programme (IPL)
SCMC Admissions 2023 Procedure Stage 1
- Applicants must take the objective SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test), which is administered annually during the first week of May.
- To Apply for SET Create your SCMC login details after signing up.
- In the PROGRAMME/DISCIPLINE PREFERENCE area, select SET-General.
- Select SCMC for your B.A. (M.C).
- Submit a non-refundable application charge.
SCMC Admissions 2023 Procedure Stage 2
Applicants will be selected from the SET and invited to the second round in Pune. Candidates must complete a subjective exam in the second round based on their writing, interaction, and studio skills. Candidates who try the second round will be given accommodations, a tour of the college campus, and other perks.
SCMC Pune 2023 Placements
- The Symbiosis Centre for Media and Communication (SCMC Pune) is renowned for its strong placement department in addition to its top-notch teachers and facilities. Faculty supervisors who are motivated to supervise internships and placements can help students who are interested in getting hired.
- Out of 145 eligible students, 45 chose to pursue graduate studies, and 24 received job offers, as per placement statistics provided on the Symbiosis Centre for Media and Communication’s official website. Students were placed in a variety of industries and given job opportunities at radio stations, television production companies, news organisations, TV news channels, portals, television channels, event management companies, corporate buildings, media organisations, advertising agencies, media planning companies, and non-profit organisations. Hindustan Times, Red FM, Law & Kenneth, Hewlett-Packard, Yash Raj Productions, Zee News, Zomato, Star India, Bosch India, TCS, and others are some of the top employers at SCMC Pune.
- In 2020, SCMC held a placement. According to the pupils who chose placement, 77.46% of them received offers. The Hindu, Pocket Aces, Social Panga, The Quint, and other top recruiters took part in the 2020 SCMC Placements.
|SCMC Pune Plcement 2020|
|Highest package||INR 10 LPA|
|Median package||INR 4.30 LPA|
|Average package||INR 4.22 LPA|
- SCMC Pune Top Recruiters –
Google, Zee News, Zomato, Star India TCS, ESPN, STAR Sports, Good Relations India, Percept Pictures, Footcandles Film, Publicis Ambience, NDTV, Encompass Events, Ogilvy & Mather, Excel Entertainment, The New Indian Express, The Nielsen Company, Radio Mirchi, Red Bull, Hewlett-Packard, CNBC TV18, Hindustan Times, The Week, Bloomberg, UTV BCCI, Balaji Telefilms Etc.