Robotics Engineering is a branch of engineering. Students can opt for this B.tech Robotics Engineering once they complete their Class 12th Boards. It is a combination branch of mechanical and electrical. Students are taught how to design and build components that are to be used in Robots.
Why do students need to study Robotics Engineering?
Students interested in robots and Artificial Intelligence opt for Robotics Engineering. During the four years of graduation, they are taught about programming and using electrical parts in robots. And to design the parts physically, the mechanical department study is incorporated into the robotics engineering field.
Eligibility Criteria for Robotics Engineering
Eligibility criteria to get admission in Robotics engineering have been listed.
- Student must have completed their 12th Boards from a recognized University.
- Students must be from the Science stream and must have Maths, Physics, and Chemistry as their subjects.
- The minimum age should be 17 years, at the time of admission.
- The student must have scored at least 60% in their Board exams.
Top Colleges for Robotics Engineering
The top 5 colleges for Robotics Engineering are:
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Manipal Institute of Technology.
- Jadavpur University.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad.
- Vishwanath Karad MIT World Peace University, Pune.
Admission Procedure for Robotics Engineering
Admission Procedure varies from college to college. Few colleges take admission for Robotics Engineering based on Class 12th marks. Yet others conduct their entrance test or rely upon common entrance test results. The student should keep a regular check on the official website of the college in which they are interested to take admission.
Entrance Exams for Robotics Engineering
The most common and popular entrance test for Robotics Engineering in 2021 is the JEE (Joint Entrance Test). Few other entrance exams are:
Reference Books for Robotics Engineering
A few of the reference books students can refer to for the entrance exams are:
- Arihant Series by D.C Pandey.
- Concept Of Physics by H.C Verma.
- Problems in Physics by I.E Irodov.
- Fundamentals of Physics by Resnik Halliday.
- JD Lee – Inorganic
Syllabus for Robotics Engineering
The syllabus for Robotics Engineering in 2021 has been listed below semester-wise.
Fees, Jobs and Salary for Robotics Engineering in 2021
The fees for admissions to Robotics Engineering ranges from Rs 2 Lacs to Rs 10 lacs.
The starting salary for a Robotics engineer is US$ 87,000 – US$ 128,500 per year.
Job Roles for Robotics Engineering
- Software Engineer Robotics Perception and Navigation Specialist
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Design Engineer
Robotics Engineering- FAQ’s
1. Is Robotics Engineering a good career?
Yes, robotics engineering is considered to be a good career in the engineering sector.
2. Is Robotics Engineering hard?
Yes, robotics engineering can be considered hard when compared to other branches as it is a combinational branch.
3. What are the 5 major fields of robotics?
The 5 major fields of robotics are human-robot interface, mobility, manipulation, programming, sensors
4. Which country is best for Robotics Engineering?
Korea is considered to be among the top countries for Robotics engineering.
Mechatronics Engineering in 2021
Bachelor of Structural Engineering in 2021