Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology is 2 years UG degree course. To get admission in Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology Candidates should have completed class 12th from any recognized board. Candidates who are interested in Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology can take admission in their desired college after clearing the entrance exam.
This Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology course trains the students to work in the operation theatre as a reliable technician along with the other team members of a healthcare department. Senior doctors and Technical persons supervise and guide the freshers in their delivery of patient care. During their training period utilization of various diagnostic equipment like Defibrillators, monitors, ventilators, C-arm, etc., and also observing infection control policy and procedures.
The diploma holders can later pursue a full time degree and can move up in terms of higher rank in the healthcare industry. They are specialized in handling emergency situations where a patient requires immediate medical care.
They assist the other doctors inside the Operation Theater to get all the instruments, giving basic anesthesia, and injections to a patient. they also take care of refilling the saline bottles which is given to a patient lacking few essentials. It is a diploma course and so cannot be considered as a full time professional degree.
The diploma course makes the student efficient to handle critical situations in the absence of a doctor. They also do check the blood level, sugar level, and other essentials that are required to be done once a patient is brought inside the hospital.
Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology Course Details
The short description about Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology are:
|Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology||UG degree course|
|Course Duration||2 years|
|Examination type||Semester wise|
|Admission||Entrance and Merit-Based|
|Course Fee||5k-10 lakh INR|
|Job Profile||OT Technician, Anaesthetist Consultant, Lab Technician, Teacher & Lecturer, etc.|
|Job sector||Hospitals, blood banks, clinics, nursing homes, govt. sector, etc.|
|Average Salary||2-10 lakh INR|
Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology: Insight about the course
- Diploma in operation theatre technology course deals with the diagnosis, treatment, ailments through the use of clinical lab tests, prevention of diseases, etc.
- Diploma in operation theatre technology trains the students to deal with advanced lab equipment and then to perform that equipment accurately in the lab.
- Diploma in operation theatre technology trains the students for advanced imaging technology like PET-scanning, MRI, X-rays, Ultra-sound, Sonography, CT-Scanning, etc.
Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology: Eligibility Criteria
- Students need to qualify 12th from any recognized board.
- Students need to qualify for the entrance exams and personal interviews as well depending upon the institution.
Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology: Admission Process
In Diploma in operation theatre technology course some institutes take admission on a merit basis whereas some institutes prefer to conduct entrance exams for admissions.
Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology: Entrance Exams
- University of Technology Entrance Exams
- Tech Mahindra SMART Academy for Healthcare Entrance Exams
- NIMS School of Paramedical Science and Technology entrance exam
- Chitkara School of Health Sciences Entrance Exam
Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology: Year-wise syllabus Distribution
|Anatomy||Computer and data processing|
|Physiology||Principles and practice of surgery|
|Biochemistry||Basic anesthesia &CPR|
|Pharmacology||Sterilization, Disinfection and waste disposal|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||Ophthalmology|
Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology: Top Colleges
- Anand Institute of Medical Science, Ludhiana
- Sumandeep Vidhyapeeth Univerisity, Vadodara
- Institute of Para Medical Technology, New Delhi
- Shivalik Institute of Paramedical, Chandigarh
- Avadh Institute of Medical Technology and Hospital, Lucknow
- Parul University, Vadodara
- Integral University, Lucknow
- The George Telegraph Training Institute, Kolkata
- Tech Mahindra SMART Academy for Healthcare, Chandigarh
- National Institute of Management and Technology, Noida
Diploma in operation theatre technology: Jobs and Salary
|Job profile||Average Salary (INR)|
|Associate Consultant||5-6 lakh|
|Anesthetist Consultant||3-4 lakh|
|OT technician||2-3 lakh|
|Lab Technician||2-3 lakh|
|Teacher & Lecturer||6-7 lakh|
Question 1: Can a student enroll in OT technology if completed the 12th board from open schooling?
Answer: Yes, of course.
Question2: What is the maximum age limit for OT Technology?
Answer: There is no as such upper limit age criteria for OT Technician.
Question3: Can a student with PCM background pursue OT Technology?
Answer: Yes, the candidate can apply for B.Sc in Operation Theatre.
Question4: What is the course duration of OT Technology?
Answer: 2 years long.
Question5: What is the average salary of OT Technology graduates?
Answer: 3.5-4.5 lakh INR.