CS Company Secretary- Full Form
Hello Readers! Here is our new article on CS Full Form Company Secretary (CS) . This article is curetted for you if you have recently passed your Class 12th Boards and is confused about which subject you should choose for your Bachelor’s. Read this article to find what a Company Secretary (CS) is?
Company Secretary (CS)- Course
The company secretary is one of the most important posts in a Company. All the legal work of a company along with statutory compliances is handled by the Company Secretary (CS) of the Company. He or she is responsible for handling the tax return for a financial year, maintains details and records while advising the Administrative Body of the Company about legal documents.
Also Read: Bachelor of Commerce
Company Secretary Course Duration
Students interested in the field of Law and who seek to get administrative posts in public or private companies aspire for the course of Company Secretary (CS) which is a 3 Year Course. The company Secretary (CS) is responsible for registering the shareholders of the company along with checking whether they are being paid their shares in time or not.
Company Secretary (CS) Course- Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to a company secretary (CS), following the criteria below.
- Student must have completed their Class 12th Boards from a recognized Board.
- The student having FINE ARTS as their subjects in Class 12th are not eligible.
- The student must be of a minimum of 17 years.
Company Secretary (CS)- Top Colleges
A few of the top colleges to do the Company Secretary (CS) Course in 2021 have been listed below.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Stanford University.
- University of California–Berkeley.
- University of Illinois–Urbana-Champaign.
- Cornell University.
- The University of Washington.
- Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Princeton University.
Also Read: Bachelor of Business Studies
Company Secretary (CS) Course- Admission Procedure
Admission procedures vary from college to college. Few colleges except students based on their Class 12th scores while yet others consider entrance exams score for admission to Company secretary (CS).
Company Secretary (CS)- Entrance Exams
Students must have cleared CSEET (CS Executive Entrance Test) which is a National Level Entrance Test to be eligible for admission to Company Secretary (CS).
Company Secretary (CS)- Reference Books
Few Books to consider for Company secretary (CS) are:
- Business Laws and Management by N.D. Kapoor & Dinkar Pagare
- Business Studies Text Book for Class 10+2
- Business Studies by Poonam Gandhi
- Business Laws by D.Chandra Bose
Company Secretary (CS)- Syllabus
The Company secretary (CS) Professional syllabus has been listed down below module-wise.
- Governance, Risk Management, Compliances and Ethics
- Advanced Tax Laws
- Drafting, Pleadings, and Appearances
- Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management, and Due Diligence
- Corporate Reconstructing, Insolvency, Liquidation, and Winding-up
- Resolution of Corporate Disputes, Non- Compliances, and Remedies
- Corporate Funding and Listing in Stock Exchanges
- Multidisciplinary case Studies
Electives (Anyone out of 8)
- Banking- Law, and Practice
- Insurance- Law and Practice
- Intellectual Property Rights- Laws and Practice
- Forensic Audit
- Direct Tax Laws and Practice
- Labour Laws and Practice
- Valuations and Business Modelling
- Insolvency- Law, and Practice
Company Secretary (CS)- Fees and Jobs
The company secretary (CS) is divided into 3 stages, and the fees for each stage have been mentioned below.
CS Foundation Programme – Rs 4500
CS Executive Programme
Ø Rs 9000 for Commerce Graduates
Ø Rs 12,500 for CPT passed of ICAI / Foundation passed of ICAI-CMA
Ø Rs 10,000 for Non Commerce Students
Ø Rs 8,500 for CS Foundation passed students
CS Professional Programme Rs 12,000
The starting salary for a Company Secretary (CS) is Rs 3 LPA. The amount increases with the number of years of experience and the level of the post.
Also Read: Bachelor of Accounting and Finance
Company Secretary (CS)- Jobs Roles
The job roles available for a Company Secretary (CS) Graduate in 2022 are:
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Secretary
- Investor Capital Market Relations
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Economics
- NLSIU Bangalore- Placements, Cut Off, Highest Package
- Parul University Vadodara- Fees, Courses, Ranking, Placement
- Doing Law And Company Secretary (CS) Both
- D.Pharma Course Fees, Syllabus, College, Eligibility
- LSAT India 2022-Registration, Exam Date, College, Syllabus, Result
- Christ University Entrance Test, Course Admissions, Fees
- NIFT 2023 Exam Date, Form, Syllabus PDF
- DU LLB Entrance Exam 2022- Date, Pattern, Syllabus
- Oberoi Hotels STEP Program Exam 2022- Fees And Placement
- Merchant Navy- Age Limit For Girls, Courses, Fees, Salary
Company Secretary (CS)- Course, Syllabus, Salary, Exam, Jobs- FAQ’S
- What is the salary of CS per month?
The salary can vary from RS 28,000 to Rs 40,000 per month for a CS.
- Which subject is important for the company secretary?
Accounting, Economics with a little bit of Maths is important for a company secretary.
- Is CS easier than CA?
Yes, CS is much easier as compared to CA.
- Is CS a good career?
Yes, CS is a good career option as there has been an increase in the number of private and public companies, in recent years
- Can I do Cs with BCom?
Yes, you can directly pursue CS with B.Com without appearing for the CS Foundation Exam.