Table of Contents
English as a subject is important for every student who is going to study any stream in the future. That is why, it is important to score better in the English board exam. To help students gain more marks in the English board exam 2024, we are providing them with the expected board paper 2024 for the class 10 English subject. The board exam paper 2024 (expected) is prepared after a thorough analysis of the past exam papers and the latest question trends.
The Class 10 English Board Paper (expected) will provide students with a variety of questions based on the revised exam pattern and curriculum. By going through this question paper, students will be able to understand the difficulty level of the exam. We have also provided the solutions to the questions so that students can analyze the method of answer writing for the upcoming board exam.
CBSE English Question Board Paper 2024
The CBSE class 10 English Test will be held on Monday, February 26th, 2024. Therefore now is a critical time to enhance our Class 10 English Test results. With just a few months left, students should start preparing from the standard reference resources. Students should practice as many model question papers for English as they can; this will help them face the questions in the examination hall.
Our Adda247 Expert faculty prepares the Class 10 English Expected Test paper 2024 for the advantage of the class 10 candidates, which is based on the actual CBSE Class 10 Exam pattern. Students taking class 10 must solve the Class 10 English Expected Exam Paper 2024. We have also provided full solutions for Class 10 English Expected Exam Paper 2024. Students can analyze their scores after completing the Class 10 English Expected Test paper 2024.
English Board Paper 2024 Class 10
Adda247’s Class 10 English Expected Test paper, like the official CBSE Class 10 English sample paper, is divided into three portions. READING, WRITING, and LITERATURE are the three sections on which questions are asked in the Class 10 English Exam paper. These all sections are important to have skills for scoring better marks in the English board paper 2024. Examine the following mark distribution for the Class 10 English Expected Test exam;
|Section A – READING
|Section B -Grammar & Creative writing Skills
|(10+10) 20 marks
- CBSE Class 10 English Previous Year Question Papers with Solutions
- English Sample Paper Class 10 2024 with Solutions & PDF Download
Class 10 English Complete Reading & Writing Section
One of the major objective of the English exam paper is to test the reading and writing skills of candidates. These skills are important not only from the examination perspective but also for the better future. English reading and writing skills are one of the most demanding skills that a student must have to fare in the modern world.
Class 10 English Board Expected Test Paper Pdf
|Class 10 English Chapter Summaries
|Class 10 English Expected Test paper
|Class 10 English Expected Test paper Solution
CBSE English Question Board Paper 2024: Section A
SECTION A – READING SKILLS
I. Read the passage given below.
1. Hobbies help us grow as a person. The best way to have a new hobby is to try something new. All of us are unique, and this is the reason why our hobbies and interests are different. Once we find an activity we are passionate about, we can explore that activity more. When you get hooked, you will realize that your hobby has become an integral part of your life. Having a hobby that we enjoy brings us joy and refreshes us. Hobbies help us to manage our leisure and unplanned time more productively. It also affords you the opportunity to learn new skills in your work. But these are not the only benefits of having a hobby.
2. It feels great to be skilled and good at something, doesn’t it ? And this is what that makes you confident. It can take some time to develop your hobby so that you may be able to tell that you are skilled. But, the journey of experiencing your hobby is very rewarding in itself. With the exposure to different types of activities these days, it doesn’t matter which activity you choose. Whether you are pursuing a craft, sports, puzzles, or skill development, your hobby should be a diversion and a passion. Simultaneously, if your hobby gives you a sense of purpose, then you will be more confident about challenging yourself in your hobby and help you prepare for learning new things at work.
3. Hobbies give you an opportunity to enhance your life Hobbies allow you to de-stess yourself while remaining mentally productive. Having hobbies promotes better health and may lower the risk of having high blood pressure. Enjoying a few hours of your hobby a week can also reduce the risk of depression and dementia. Hobbies refocus your mind on to something that you enjoy doing. Hobbies that include physical activities create chemical changes in your body that help to reduce stress.
4. Even if it doesn’t involve physical activities, you can still reap the benefits of having a hobby. Getting a short break from work and doing something you are passionate about can rejuvenate your mind and help prepare you to handle challenges in the future in a better way.
5. Hobbies may provide an opportunity for you to socialize with people and that can be an additional benefit for your overall well-being. You can connect with people who enjoy doing the same things that you do. You can meet new people, discuss your hobby and get connected to a bigger circle that may even help you turn your hobby into your profession. The internet provides numerous groups and forums to connect with people that enjoy doing the same things that you want to do.
6. Some hobbies require creativity and if you develop creativity through your hobby, it can be beneficial. Creativity can help you experience new things at school and work. The skill of being creative is essential in today’s world.
(I) Based on your understanding of the passage, answer the questions given below.
Q(i). When a person gets hooked on a hobby, he realizes that:
(a) it has become an integral part of our life.
(b) it has much more benefits than we realised.
(c) it is much more enjoyable to have a hobby.
(d) it is quite essential for us to learn some skills through our hobbies.
Q(ii). No matter which sort of hobby you are pursuing, be it a craft, sports, puzzles, or skill development, your hobby should be:
(a) useful for you in the long run.
(b) a skill that improves your present circumstances.
(c) a diversion and a passion.
(d) followed through till the end.
Q(iii). The journey of experiencing a hobby is quite:
(a) challenging for a person.
(b) rewarding in itself.
(c) demanding in itself.
(d) inspirational for a person.
Q(iv). State any one way through which hobbies enhance your life?
Q(v). Getting a hobby means having a short break from work and doing something you are passionate about which can
(a) give you a peace of mind from all the other problems of daily hectic life and make you feel refreshed.
(b) help you enhance and improve your skills and push you forward on your path to success.
(c) make you enjoy and appreciate your life much more as you are happy pursuing what you love.
(d) rejuvenate your mind and help prepare you to handle challenges in the future in a better way.
Q(vi). List any two benefits of having a hobby.
Q(vii). What is essential in today’s world?
Q(viii). Give an appropriate title for the passage.
Q(ix). Supply 1 point to justify the following:
Hobby provides you with an opportunity to socialise with people.
Q(x). Choose an option that is clearly a synonym of the word ‘hooked’.
II. Read the passage given below.
1. Conference series LLC Ltd organises a conference series of 1000+ global events inclusive of 300+ conferences, 900+ upcoming and previous symposiums and workshops in USA, Europe and Asia with support from 1000 more Scientific societies and publishes 700+ open access journals which contain over 30000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as Editorial board members.
2. Recycling and Waste Management Convention 2018 proudly invites contributors across the globe to 9th World Convention on Recycling and Waste Management during October 22-23,2018 in Osaka, Japan, which includes prompt keynote presentations, oral talks, poster presentations and exhibitions. We are delighted to say that it is the 9th World Convention on Recycling and Waste Management which will be held in a beautiful city of Osaka, Japan and hence we invite you all to attend and register.
3. 9th World Convention on Recycling and Waste Management is mainly based on the theme “Advocating Waste Disposal and Recycling Practices for a Clean and Green Environment.” We warmly welcome all the participants – leading scientists, researchers, and scholars of the world to attend the convention. We provide a platform for young researchers and students to present their research through oral presentations through which they can develop a foundation for collaboration among young researchers.
4. The organising committee aims at setting a platform for all the budding scientists and researchers to present their real-time work and share their views and aspects related to the theme of the conference. The organising committee is gearing up for an exciting and informative conference programme including plenary lecture, symposia, workshops on a variety of topics, poster presentations and various programmes for participants from all over the world.
(II) Based on your understanding of the passage, answer the questions given below.
Q(i). Infer one reason for the following, based on information in the passage.
Waste management and recycling it.
Q(ii). Select the appropriate option to fill in the blanks.
_____ has been considered as the second nature to us.
(a) Sorting of waste
(b) Recycling of waste
(c) Waste management
(d) Implementing steps framed and deployed in convention
Q(iii). Complete the following analogy correctly with a word/phrase from paragraph 2: I.
Delhi : India :: Tokyo : _____Ans(i)
(Clue : Delhi is capital of India, similarly Tokyo is capital of…)
Q(iv). What theme is being highlighted in the given passage?
(a) Efficient means of reducing garbage
(b) Various techniques to be employed to recycle the goods
(c) Efficient ways of waste disposal
(d) Both (b) and (c)
Q(v). Which of the following notion in the conference has been emphasised to be deployed?
(a) Waste disposal management
(b) Waste management
(c) Recycling of goods
(d) Reshaping Earth’s future
Q(vi). Fill in the blank by selecting the correct option.
According to the pie-chart, Branches & wood has been recycled at the rate of _____.
Q(vii). Substitute the word ‘present’ with ONE WORD similar in meaning, in the following sentence from paragraph 3:
We provide a platform for young researchers and students to present their research…
Q(viii). List any two points that the given data represents.
Q(ix). Which activity contributes collectively towards paper waste recycled percentage?
Q(x). What has been considered as an efficient means to reduce landfill area?
(a) Sorting of waste
(b) Recycling or composting waste
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) None of these
CBSE English Question Board Paper 2024: Section B
SECTION – B GRAMMAR
Attempt ANY TEN of the following questions.
Q(i). Fill in the blank by choosing the correct option to complete the sentence.
The bridge is being _____ at the moment so it can’t be used.
Q(ii). Read the conversation between Raman and Anitha. Complete the sentence by reporting Anitha’s reply correctly.
Raman : What’s the matter, Anitha?
Anitha : Oh, nothing. You cannot help me. I only want that blue umbrella.
Raman asked Anitha what the matter was. She replied that it was nothing and he could not help her as _____
Q(iii). Select the correct option to fill in the blank for the given line.
_____ I suggest a slight change in your plan?
Q(iv). Select the option that identifies the error and supplies the correction for the following line:
The people of India show remarkable unity at the time of Kargil Conflict.
Q(v). Complete the given sentence, by filling in the blank with the correct option :
When I was a child, I _____ to school every day instead of going by cycle.
(b) have been walking
(c) had walked
(d) have walked
Q(vi). Fill in the blank by using the correct form of the word in the bracket.
Many a student _____ (try) hard to pass his entrance exam.
Q(vii). Report the dialogue between Gardener and Dev, by completing the sentence :
Gardener: Did you water the plant today?
Dev: No, but I will, today.
Gardener: Then tomorrow I will get a sapling of sunflower.
The Gardener asked Dev if he had watered the plant that day. Dev replied negatively but said he would that day. Then the gardener said that _____
Q(viii). Identify the error in the given sentence and supply the correction.
Diwali, well known as the festival of lights, is a festival that is celebrate in almost all parts of India.
Use the given format for your response.
Q(ix). Transform the following direct speech into reported speech:
The beggar said to the old man, “Can you tell me the way to the nearest temple?”
Q(x). Fill in the blank by choosing the correct option.
You have a large number of shirts. You _____ buy any more.
(a) need not
(b) can not
(c) would not
(d) should not
Q(xi). Rohit and Rajat are discussing their plans for the weekend. Complete the dialogue below by choosing the correct option.
Rohit : How do you like the idea of going to the zoo?
Rajat : That sounds good, But I _____ my parent’s permission.
(a) needs to take
(b) need not to take
(c) needs not to take
(d) need to take
Q(xii). Identify the error in the given sentence and supply the correction.
At the age of seventeen, Galileo know that he had discovered an important law- a law of a pendulum.
Use the given format for your response.
CBSE English Question Board Paper 2024: Section B
SECTION B- CREATIVE WRITING SKILLS
All the names and addresses used in the questions are fictitious. Resemblance, if any, is purely coincidental.
1. Attempt ANY ONE from A and B given below.
QA. Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper highlighting the problem of traffic jam near Chinpumi Temple Crossing and suggesting some remedy for it.
QB. You are Neelam/Rakesh, Store Incharge Diksha Stores, 32/54, Rajeev Nagar, Delhi. Your school requires school bags and accessories in bulk for the commencement of the new session. Write a letter of inquiry to the Sales Manager, Sky Bags Industries Ltd. 15/3, Ravi Nagar, Delhi enquiring about the details of goods manufactured.
2. Attempt ANY ONE from A and B given below. 5
QA. The two maps below show an island, before and after the construction of some tourist facilities. Write an analytical paragraph in 100-120 words by selecting and reporting the main features, and making comparisons where relevant.
QB. Study the concept chart from a recent study by WHO that has described some positive effects of quitting smoking.
CBSE English Question Board Paper 2024: Section C
SECTION C – LITERATURE