Can We Join IIT After 10th?
For millions of students, getting into an IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) is a dream come true. At present many CEO and founders of MNCs and big startups are graduated from IITs. IIT is termed as a guarantee of success in life. IITs are regarded as the best universities for securing a secure future in terms of employment and financial resources. Many students wonder if they may follow a course in an IIT after finishing 10th grade; the solution to this issue will be provided in this article. After finishing tenth grade, a student is ineligible for admission to any IIT program. The students must complete their Class 12th or equivalent exams to be eligible for JEE Main. If students get the rank required for JEE Advanced, they can appear in JEE Advanced and if they get the required to rank for IITs in JEE Advanced then only they can get into IIT.
Read More: Is JEE Main 2022 Postponed?
Can We Join IIT After Diploma?
IITs are considered to be the top-notch colleges in India and IITians are considered to be the most hardworking and intelligent students. IITs do not accept diploma holders right into their second year of B.E. or B.Tech, as other institutions do. In general, diploma holders who wish to pursue engineering at an IIT must take JEE Main and JEE Advanced and obtain a good score in order to be admitted to a top IIT institute. Students should go through the qualifying criteria carefully to gain a sense of the exam’s requirements. If students go against the eligibility criteria then their candidature for JEE Main and JEE Advance can be terminated at any stage of the admission process. Hence, students must check eligibility criteria before applying for JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Now, we are sure that you get the answer to your question, can we join IIT after the diploma?. Bookmark this page if you are preparing for JEE Main or JEE Advanced.
How to Join IIT without JEE?
JEE Main and JEE Advanced are not the only options to get into the Indian Institute of Technology(IIT). There are many entrance exams that offer a specific branch. If students are interested then they can appear for these entrance exams. Below we have provided the list of entrance exams and the courses they offer to get into IIT. Check the list given below:
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering): Through the GATE exam students can get admission in designing courses UCEED (Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design) offered by IITs.
- CAT(Common Admission Test): By appearing in the CAT exam you can take admission in MBA offered by IITs.
- JAM (Joint Admission Test): If you are interested in pursuing M.Sc from IITs after graduation then you must be appearing for the JAM exam.
- CEED(Common Entrance Exam for Design): CEED is an entrance exam for design courses. If you want to pursue design courses from IITs then you must take the CEED exam.
- HSEE (Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Exam): If you are interested in courses like Humanities and Social Sciences and want to pursue these courses from IIT then the HSEE exam is for you.
Read More: JEE Advanced Mock Test 2022
Read More: JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2022
FAQs on Can We Join IIT After 10th?
Q. Can We Join IIT After Class 10th?
No, you can not join IIT just after Class 10th.
Q. Is 75% of criteria is removed to appear in JEE?
yes, 75% of the criteria are removed to appear in JEE now.
Q. What is JEE Main?
JEE Main is a national-level admission test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) four times a year since last year. JEE Main exam is conducted for candidates who want to get admission in NIT, IIITs, and other private colleges.
Q. Can We Join IIT After Class 12th?
yes, you can join IIT after class 12th by appearing in entrance exams which offered the courses in IITs.
Q. What is Joint Admission Test(JAM)?
If you are interested in pursuing M.Sc from IITs after graduation then you must be appearing for the JAM exam.