Women Empowerment in India Essay in English
The right to the empowerment of women is a topic for ages but if we are still discussing it, then it means it still has a lot more to be done! However, we have come a long way in this journey, still, there are some prejudices, stereotypes and myths that hold on the overall development of women. Why is women empowerment important? What are the effects of it? Why do we still need to talk about it? and the most important of all, are people enough aware? We will get to know all about it through this article!
Women Empowerment in India Essay Important Points
- Women’s sense of own self-worth in India.
- Women’s right to have and determine choices.
- Women’s right to have access to opportunities and resources in every field.
- Women’s right to have the power to control their own lives, both within and outside the home.
- Women’s ability to influence the direction of social change to create more just social and economic order, nationally as well as internationally.
Women Empowerment Essay in English
This is an article on women empowerment and why is it necessary to empower women in today’s life. Back in the earlier days, India was considered to be a patriarchal society. Men were considered to be the head of the family. They also had solo rights of decision making in the political sector. Only men were allowed to vote. In modern India, we have examples of women taking the charge and leading sectors across the world.
This has revolutionized the concept of Women empowerment and shows how they are capable of handling families as well as businesses. A recent example is Falguni Nayar, the CEO of Nykaa. Nykaa is an e-commerce website that mainly deals with cosmetic products for women.
What is Women Empowerment?
Empowering women means promoting women’s sense of self-worth. This means promoting and helping them decide their ability to identify their weaknesses and overcome them. Empowering women leads them to take a step for themselves in society.
Woman Empowerment is used to give the power of equal opportunity in all fields to women irrespective of all caste, creeds, and colours. Women empowerment is considered to make them powerful so that they can decide what is right and wrong for them.
Earlier, men in society were considered to be supreme. All decisions were taken by the man and he would be the sole bread owner for the family. Women were considered to be responsible for upbringing the children and looking after the household work.
Women were not allowed to work or even study after a certain age. They would be married at a tender age and then have to look after the family of their husband. Work used to be divided according to gender and not for skills.
Read About: Article Writing
Need for women empowerment in India
Women empowerment means giving the power of taking crucial decisions to women. It means empowering women by letting them study, work, and wear whatever they want without letting any restrictions on them. To make them empowered the one thing we as a society can do is to educate them.
No matter where the woman is born, either in rural or urban areas, they should be given basic education and then the liberty to choose her life decisions. Women can only be empowered with the help of education as it will teach them to differentiate between what is right and what isn’t.
Women empowerment is not only necessary for oneself, but also for the society. An empowered women can only teach the others about what difference a slight change in attitude can bring to the society.
Women’s education not only empowers her but a family too. Nowadays in most IT companies, and leading business firms we can often find the top most positions occupied by women. They inspire the underprivileged ones to try hard and become a successful person in life.
How to provide women empowerment?
- Girls education should be made compulsory until graduation. A literate girl can provide education to her neighbouring kids as well resulting in a more literate society. She will know the difference between what is right and what isn’t. She will also be able to pass on the legacy to her next generation.
- Equal opportunities in all sectors should be provided to them. Even now we see few sectors consider only men to hold the top positions. Recently even the Indian Army included females to appear for SSB interviews which were till now limited to only male aspirants. We can look up to the Indian Army for taking inspiration.
- The abuse of single women and divorced ones should be considered as a society’s issue and should be tried to solve rather than blaming the women. Even now, women fear to leave a failed marriage as they consider the society and how the society may treat her as she leaves her married life behind. Parents should tell their girl child that it is absolutely OK to move back to their parent’s house rather than having a toxic relationship.
- Education after marriage should be normalized. In India, we see a lot of marriages take place for females just after their graduation. Females should be encouraged to continue with their education even after marriage. Education has no age barrier and hence one should always pursue it till the last moment.
Why was women empowerment considered to be a taboo in ancient India
The sole reason for not letting women work was their physical health. It used to be considered that women are less productive than men and would not be able to cope up with the work pressure. This led to the change of what we now know as women’s empowerment. In today’s world, there might be rare sectors in which women are not in leading positions. Starting from sports to the industry sector, women work everywhere. They also take proper care of their household work, family, and friends besides managing official work.
Read About: Business Environment
Essay on women empowerment speech: Points
- To promote women’s empowerment the first step, would be to provide education to them.
- Secondly, they should have the choice to select whether they want to work or study further.
- Thirdly, no restrictions should be imposed on them like returning home before dark, wearing clothes according to what society may think, etc.
- Fourthly, letting them work in all sectors and not discriminating against them based on gender.
Read: Mahatma Gandhi Essay
Is it really necessary for women to get empowered?
Yes, women must get empowered. If women are empowered only then society can say that they have developed fully. Women can do wonders and it has been proved. Starting from Board Exam Results to Space Missions women have done it all and are continuing to do so! It’s not that men should be suppressed. All humans should get the right to equal opportunities and the skills should decide whether they are eligible to work or not.
FAQ’on Women Empowerment in India Eassy
What is women’s empowerment?
Women empowerment is giving all women the right to equal opportunity by giving them decision-making power.
What are the 5 types of empowerment?
The 5 types of empowerment are Social, Economic, psychological, educational, and political.
Why is empowering women required?
Women empowerment is required for a society to grow in all aspects.
How to globally empower women?
To globally empower women, we can follow few steps like
- Giving them decision-making power
- Educating them
- Investing in Women-led Business
- Mentoring them to gain skills required to survive by working in the industry.