What is the Paramedical course all about?
A paramedical course is a course that can be considered to be job-oriented. It is a sector that mainly deals in accidents and emergencies. In the Health Care sector, there has been an increasing demand for paramedical course certificate holder (paramedics).
The course teaches and professionalizes the students to be professional health care workers. The health care industry has gone through rapid changes in recent years with the rising demand for healthcare workers.
Also Read: Bachelor of Science
Why do students need to study a Paramedical course in 2021?
Paramedical Course is a branch of medicine in which they deal with emergencies and accidents. A lot of jobs in this field are expected to open up. As there has been a steep increase in the number of corporate hospitals, there will also be a rise in the number of jobs available in these hospitals, which will include the positions of Paramedical Course certificate holder healthcare workers.
Also Read: B.Ed
Eligibility Criteria for Paramedical course after 10th and 12th
Eligibility for Paramedical Course programs.
- Students must have completed their Class 12th Boards from a recognized university
- Students must have completed 12th with biology as one of the subjects.
- Students must be at least 17 years for pursuing Bachelors in Paramedic Course.
- The course is divided into – Diploma, Bachelors, and Masters. The eligibility depends upon the type of degree the students want to pursue.
Top Colleges for Paramedical course in 2021
The top 5 colleges students prefer for admission to Paramedical are:
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj University (CSMU), Navi Mumbai
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research
Admission Procedure for Paramedical course in 2021
The admission Procedure for Paramedical courses in 2021 differs from college to college. few of colleges and universities conduct their entrance exams while yet others depend upon the Class 12th scores of the students.
You might be interested in: Bachelor of Banking and Finance
Entrance Exams for Paramedical course in 2021
The most common entrance exams for paramedical courses in 2021 are:
- NIPER Joint Entrance Exam
- AIIMS M.Sc and Biotechnology Entrance Exam
- Indian Army B.Sc Entrance Exam
- IPU CET
- AP EAMCET
Reference Books for Paramedical course in 2021
Reference Books for the Paramedical course in 2021 have been listed below.
- Bihar Para Medical (Intermediate) Pravesh Pariksha
- Bihar Para Medical Matric Guide
- Diploma-Certificate Pravesh Partiyogita Pariksha Para-Medical
Syllabus for Paramedical course in 2021
We have listed the syllabus for the paramedical course in 2021.
- Medical-Surgical Nursing-I
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Nursing Foundation
- Mental Health Nursing
- Pharmacology, Pathology, and Genetics
- Communicational and Educational Technology
- Nursing Research and Statistics
- Child Health Nursing
- Human Anatomy I
- Health Education & Health Communication
- Human Anatomy-I Lab
- Clinical Haematology-I
- Microbiology, Immunology & Serology – I Lab
- Human Physiology II
- Bio-Medical Waste Management
- Practical: Human Physiology-II
- Histopathology & Histotechniques –II
- Principles of Lab Management & Medical Ethics
- Human Anatomy
- Medicine relevant to Anesthesia Technology
- Anaesthesia Technology – Applied
- Introduction to Anesthesia Technology
- Environmental Science and Health
- Applied Pathology
Fees and Salary for Paramedical course in 2021
The fees for admission to Paramedical Course in 2021 vary from course to course. We have listed them according to the courses above in the article.
The starting salary for a Paramedical Course graduate is Rs. 2,20,000 – Rs.10,00,000
Also Read: B.Com
Job Roles for Paramedical course in 2021
Paramedical course certificate holder can opt for the following job roles after graduating in 2021
- Occupational Therapist
- Audiologist and Speech Therapist
Also Read: Bachelor of Business Studies
1. Which paramedical course has the highest salary?
The salary of an MLT is the highest in the field of paramedics. The starting for professionals in this field is Rs 2.4 LPA.
2. Which paramedical degree course is the best?
The following 4 paramedical degree courses can be considered to be the best.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy.
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy.
- Sc. in OTT (Operation Theatre Technology)
- Sc. in Dialysis Technology.
3. Do paramedical courses require NEET?
No, there is no need to appear for NEET if you are willing to take admission in the paramedical course in 2021.
4. What is the difference between medical and paramedical?
Medical science is all about dealing with medicines. While paramedical is the course that focuses on diagnostics, primary treatment, emergency care, etc.
5. Can I do MBBS after paramedical?
No, MBBS after Bachelor’s in paramedical is not possible as both the courses are undergraduate courses.
Bachelor of Dental surgery 2021