JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2022
The eligibility criteria For appearing in the JEE (Main) – 2022, there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed the class 12/equivalent examination in 2020, 2021, or appearing in 2022 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) – 2022 examination. However, the candidates may be required to fulfill the age criteria of the Institute(s) in which they are desirous of taking admission.
List of Qualifying Examinations (QE)
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council forthe Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least 3 years duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office,Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed the Class 12 (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class 12 Examination.
- In case the Class 12 Examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination
- Only those candidates who have passed the Class 12/equivalent examination in 2020, 2021, or those who are appearing in Class 12/equivalent examination in 2022, are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2022.
- Candidates who passed the Class 12/equivalent examination in 2019 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2023 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2022.
JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2022 have been modified.
JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria: Competitors should check the total qualification prior to filling the application structure. JEE Advanced is a public level entry test coordinated by IITs under the management of the Joint Admission Board.
Last year, it was coordinated by IIT, Kharagpur. This test is led for giving admission to understudies in UG, PG and different courses in designing, engineering, science or drug presented by IITs and ISM. Understudies are recommended to really take a look at the qualification standards prior to applying.
JEE Mains 2022 Aggregate Marks in Class 12th Required for IIT JEE Advanced Qualifying Eligibility Criteria
According to sources, pupils must have finished the 12th grade with a minimum of 75 per cent (65 per cent for SC/ST applicants) or be in the top 20% of their class. Cutoff marks for the top 20% in each category are calculated based on the marks obtained by applicants who pass their respective boards in the given year.
Candidates should consider their results in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Language, and any other course while determining their aggregate marks.
Buy online test series of Adda247.
JEE Advanced Exam Eligibility Criteria 2022
Every year, the NTA publishes the JEE Advanced eligibility requirements on its official website. These qualifying criteria contain all of the candidate’s requirements and standards. The JEE Advanced eligibility requirements are listed below. –
Before taking the test or filling out the JEE Advanced application form, students should review the eligibility requirements for JEE Advanced. Check below the qualifying requirements listed:-
- Candidates who place in the top 220000 in the JEE Main 2022 test are eligible to take the JEE Advanced 2022 exam.
- Candidates are only allowed to take the JEE Advanced test twice in a row. This regulation applies regardless of whether they pass or fail the exam.
- Foreign nationals, OCIs – Overseas Citizens of India, PIOs – Persons of Indian Origin, and citizens of India are all eligible to take the JEE Advanced test. The NTA, on the other hand, has set aside some requirements for international candidates.
- Age-specific age limitations for the JEE Advanced test were implemented by NTA in 2021. Candidates born after the 1st of October 1996 were eligible for the JEE Advanced test under the age criteria of 2021. The NTA granted a 5-year relaxation to applicants who fell under the reserved category. Candidates who were born on or after October 1, 1991, were eligible to take the JEE Advanced test.
Retaking the Class 12th Board Exams in the Hope of Getting Better Grades
In addition, if a candidate finished class 12th (or equivalent) in 2021 and desires to enhance their aggregate grades to meet the threshold of 75 per cent aggregate marks (65 per cent for SC/ST/PwD), they may return for any number of courses.
In this circumstance, the percentage marks will be determined using the marks received in the corresponding subjects in their two tries in 2021 and 2022, whichever is greater.
Candidates who have already been admitted to an IIT/ISM are not eligible to take the JEE
- Advanced, nor are candidates who have accepted any seat in an IIT/ISM by reporting at the reporting centre. Students whose admissions to IITs or ISM were cancelled are ineligible to apply.
- Students who were enrolled for the first time in a preparatory programme at any IIT in 2021 are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2022.
- Candidates who paid the seat acceptance fee but did not take the seat in 2021 are also eligible to apply.
Top 20% Percentile Cut-Off Marks
The following points serve as cut-off criteria:
- The top 20%ile cutoff is derived using Class 12 results.
For pupils who finished class 12 in 2022, the top 20%ile cut off from the previous academic year will be considered.
- Similarly, pupils who finished the 12th grade in 2022 will be targeted for the top 20%ile of the 2022 academic year.
Candidates will be obliged to show a certificate to the board if the board does not disclose information regarding the top 20% decision.
- JEE Mains 2022 Dates: Registrations Start From 1st March Begin @ Jeemain.Nta.Nic.In
- JEE Main Exam Dates 2022
- JEE Mains 2022 Passing Marks
- How To Crack JEE Advanced 2022 In First Attempt?
- JEE Advanced Exam Date 2022 Is July 3, Registrations From June 8
JEE Main & Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2022: FAQs
Q. With 85 percentile in JEE Main, would I be able to show up in JEE Advanced?
Ans. Applicants with 85 percentile in JEE Main will have a position around 1.3 lakh. As the top 2.5 lakh understudies show up for JEE Advanced. You have a decent chance of showing up for the test.
Q. What is the base position for IIT Bombay?
Ans. Competitors should have a position around or under 3000 in JEE Main for admission to IIT Bombay. For admission to Computer Science, competitors are expected to have a position under 100 in JEE Main entry test.
Q. What is the base percentile expected to qualify for JEE Advanced 2021?
Ans. Competitors should be among the top 2.5 lakh effective up-and-comers of JEE Main to show up for the JEE Advanced. This year the NTA has disavowed the standards of the best 75% in the board test or among operation 20 percentile competitors in the 10+2 board to show up in the JEE Advanced 2021.