IPMAT WAT Preparation
IPMAT 2022 results in the form of shortlisting will be announced by IIM Indore in the final week of July 2022, tentatively. Candidates who pass the IPMAT 2022 and are shortlisted will be invited to participate in a Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI). If you’ve determined that IPM is your calling, don’t lose time and begin your WAT/ PI preparation right now.
So, in this essay, we shall discuss the IPMAT WAT round.
WAT Preparation: What is IPMAT WAT?
The Written Ability Test requires a candidate to write about a specific topic in 10-20 minutes. It’s essentially an essay question. The questions may differ depending on the institution. This exam, like an essay writing competition, intends to measure the candidate’s comprehension of the subject, writing fluency, problem-solving abilities, and sound reasoning. This type of assessment eliminates the possibility of the candidate having difficulty speaking.
WAT Preparation: Written Ability Test Round Format
- Proper Introduction: Your introduction should be intriguing and suspenseful. The first 1-2 phrases of your response are referred to as the “opening doors.” These sentences serve as a hook to captivate the reader and capture their attention. This exercise can help you score well on its own. A superb start is one that makes the applicant comprehend the overall goal of the essay and poses some form of interrogation that entices them to read on.
- Proper sentence structure: After the introduction, we must be careful not to lose the reader’s interest. As a result, we must guarantee that our arguments adhere to the norm of “correct sentence structure.” With appropriate modifiers, a proper phrase follows the subject-verb agreement. As a writer, be sure your sentence has a subject and a predicate. They are the essential building pieces that can propel your performance to new heights. A proper sentence offers the image of being an English expert with immaculate writing abilities. Incorporate independent clauses into your sentence as much as possible. From here, you can continue to add words, phrases, and auxiliaries as needed to give your sentence depth. A well constructed requires consistent writing and reading practise. Learn pattern recognition to demonstrate a solid command of sentence construction. Your mind is a database of the ‘correct’ English sentence forms that you think in. What you can do is say the words out loud and then write them down in the “place-manner-time” style on the response sheet.
- Grammar comes second, followed by content: Grammar should be your second priority for your preparedness. Regrettably, the internet has normalized poor grammar. Correct grammar is a powerful tool that can help you improve your essay and outperform expert English speakers and writers. Maintain your tenses, avoid using too many auxiliary/helping verbs, choose an active voice over passive voice, and, most importantly, practice grammatical subjects via writing. To avoid losing marks, avoid using slang, unfinished sentences, extended proverbs, and so on in your answer. After crafting a sentence, double-check it.
- Ensure readability in your response: Consider the question before formulating your response. Use typographic strategies to improve the readability of your response. While putting together the solution, keep the length of the lines in mind. Short sentences improve the overall relevancy and readability of the text. Your words would reflect your interpretation of the argument’s analysis. As a result, ensure that each sentence is as tightly tied to the suggested argument as feasible. Make careful to convey your analysis in a straightforward and understandable manner.
- Organizing ideology in relation to the question’s content: Separate paragraphs containing distinct beliefs should be created and aligned to support your primary point.
- Cite Evidence to Support Your Ideology: The main components of your essay are evidence or facts. You must provide a compelling basis for your view that persuades the evaluator to grasp your perspective and decision-making process. The information/opinion you have presented will inevitably be judged irrelevant/cloudy by the evaluator as your arguments proceed throughout the document. After you have finished citing evidence or facts to support your point of view, it is a good idea to proofread what you have written to detect any gaps or misleading information. Remember to connect your evidence to your argument and explain how it supports it. Do not invent your own facts or evidence to add depth to your case.
- A succinct conclusion: The final paragraph should summarise the main point of the entire argument and material in general. It should be definitive in character and bring the entire debate to a close. Remember to keep your personal thoughts, ideas, and observations to a minimum and stick exclusively to what the data supplied by you supports.
WAT Preparation: Tips
Read & Read
To study for the written ability exam and be prepared to write on any given topic, one must have a foundation of knowledge on which one may securely rely. It is only feasible if one studies a lot of IPMAT books and collects a lot of information. For example, the test subjects might span from current events to something really generic or abstract. If a person lacks understanding of the subject, they are certain to perform poorly on the test since they have nothing to write about. So, spend a lot of time reading and learning.
Organize and Structure
Spending roughly 2 minutes organizing and arranging your material can help you retain a flow and cohesiveness in your writing. Disorganized thinking will reflect in your text and generate an unfavorable impression. So, before you put your thoughts on paper, organize them.
Practice Your Writing
They say that practice makes perfect. The proverb is true and will help you get a long distance. To learn how to write, try writing on a variety of themes. You will benefit from practice in a variety of ways. For example, after a significant amount of writing, you will understand how to approach addressing the question, saving you time and allowing you to write with clarity and organization.
Don’t write solely to make your response appear longer. Some people, for example, load their responses with personal experiences. Keep in mind that these questions are often in the academic arena, thus the applicant is required to write in a certain style. As a result, if your topic calls for it, provide examples from reputable sources. Newspapers, journals, and other academic publications can all be used as sources. However, if your subject demands you to provide a personal example, write it down.
Managing your time is critical in this test because there is a time restriction. If you are unable to offer compelling points within the time frame specified, your chances of being shortlisted will be reduced. It is critical to maintain track of time and organize your material as needed. Ensure that the finest material is delivered on time. Avoid hedging your bets and stick to the subject at hand.
- How To Get Air 1 In Law Entrance Exams?
- BHU All Courses List 2022
- Symbiosis Law School Pune: Fees, Placement, Courses, Ranking
- FLAME University Courses And Fees 2022
- Ashoka University Courses, Fees, And Placement 2022
- MH CET Last 10 Days Preparation Strategy
- Best Preparation Strategy For DU LLB Entrance Exam
- NLSIU Bangalore- Placements, Cut Off, Highest Package
- Parul University Vadodara- Fees, Courses, Ranking, Placement
- Doing Law And Company Secretary (CS) Both