About Diploma in Engineering courses
Diploma in Engineering is a diploma course of 3 years. Candidates who have passed the 10th or 12th board can apply for this Diploma in Engineering course. A Diploma in Engineering is a diploma course for science students. Sometimes due to certain reasons, candidates are not able to pursue regular engineering courses or not able to secure a seat directly in engineering can pursue this course.
Diploma in Engineering: Course details
Some of the major Diploma in engineering course details that candidates must know are as follow:
|Diploma in Engineering||UG level|
|Course fee||30k-1 lakh per annum|
|Course Duration||3 years|
|Exam Type||Semester wise|
|Eligibility||Candidates should have passed 10th or the 12th with PCM from a recognized board|
|Min Score required||50%|
|Job profile||Assistant Engineering, Junior Manager, Assistant Inventory Manager, Junior Engineering, professor, etc.|
|Average Salary||3-6 lakh INR|
Diploma in Engineering: Eligibility Criteria
Diploma in Engineering after 10th
- Candidates should have scored a min of 50% marks and should have chosen PCM as core subjects.
Diploma in Engineering after 12th
- Candidates should have cleared the 12th boards with MPB (mathematics, physics, biology) or PCM as core subjects from a recognized board.
- A min of 50% in the 12th board is required.
- Candidates should have completed 17 years at the time of admission.
Diploma in Engineering: Entrance Exams
- AP POLYCET
- Jharkhand PECE
- Delhi CET
- Odisha DET
- TS POLYCET
Diploma in Engineering: Admission Process
- Candidates need to fill the application form for the entrance exams
- After Qualifying for the entrance exam candidates need to participate in counseling rounds for the seat allotment
- Document verification.
Diploma in Engineering 2021: Lateral Entry
Those candidates who were not able to take direct admission in engineering can go for Lateral entry to Diploma in Engineering.
- Students should have passed a degree in ITI from a recognized institute or have acquired a vocational qualification.
- Candidates need to fulfill the merit-based criteria.
Diploma in Engineering 2021: Subjects
|Engineering Drawing/ Graphics|
|Metrology and Instrumentation|
|Cost Estimating and Contracting|
|Applied Electronics and Electrical Engineering|
|Plant Maintenance and Safety|
|Design of Machine Elements|
Diploma in Engineering: Various Diploma courses
The various courses offered in Diploma in Engineering are:
- Diploma in Computer Science Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Textile Engineering
- Diploma in Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Mining Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
Diploma in Engineering: Top colleges
|Jawahar Lal Nehru Institute of Technology, Pune|
|Hindustan Electronics Academy Polytechnic, Bangalore|
|Ghousia Polytechnic for Women, Karnataka|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology, Orissa|
|Guru Teg Bahadur Polytechnic Institute, Delhi|
|Amrutvahini Polytechnic, Maharashtra|
|Jalpaiguri Polytechnic Institute, West Bengal|
|MEI Polytechnic, Bangalore|
Diploma in Engineering: Job Profile
- Assistant Engineering
- Junior Manager
- Project Assistant
- Junior Engineer
- Automobile technicians
- Diesel Mechanics
- Hardware Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Network Engineer
- Web Designer
- Project Engineer
Question1: Can a student pursue distance learning in Diploma.
Answer: Yes, of course.
Question2: What is the course duration of the Diploma in Engineering?
Answer: 3 years long.
Question3: Can a student take admission to 2nd-year Diploma in Polytechnic after completing 12th?
Answer: Yes, of course.
Question4: Some popular specializations in Diploma in Engineering?
Answer: Packaging Technology, E-Commerce, and Sanitary Inspectors