Class 9 Computer Applications Syllabus 2022-23
The Central Board of Secondary Education has recently released the CBSE Class 9 Computer Application Syllabus 2023 on its official website. The students studying in Class 9 must go through the CBSE Class 9 Computer Application Syllabus 2023 given in this article and start their preparation. We have covered the detailed CBSE Class 9 Computer Application syllabus 2023 on this page. The students studying in Class 9 must bookmark this page to get all the latest updates from the Central Board of Secondary Education.
Class 9 Computer Applications Syllabus 2023: Exam Structure
The CBSE Class 9 Computer Application Syllabus 2023 is divided into 3 units and Lab Exercises. Check the below table we have given the unit-wise marks distribution:
|Unit No.||Unit Name||
|1.||Basics of Information Technology||20||20||05|
Class 9 Computer Application Syllabus 2022-23 PDF Download
Click here to download the official CBSE Class 9 Computer Application Syllabus 2022-23 pdf.
Class 9 Computer Application Syllabus 2022-23: Unit-wise
Unit 1: Basics of Information Technology
• Computer Systems: characteristics of a computer, components of a computer
system – CPU, memory, storage devices and I/O devices
• Memory: primary (RAM and ROM) and secondary memory
• Storage devices: hard disk, CD ROM, DVD, pen/flash drive, memory stick
• I/O devices: keyboard, mouse, monitor, printer, scanner, web camera
• Types of software: system software (operating system, device drivers), application software including mobile applications
• Computer networking: Type of networks: PAN, LAN, MAN, WAN, wired/wireless
communication, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cloud computers (Private/public)
• Multimedia: images, audio, video, animation
Unit 2: Cyber-safety
• Safely browsing the web and using social networks: identity protection, proper
usage of passwords, privacy, confidentiality of information, cyber stalking,
• Safely accessing websites: viruses and malware , adware
Unit 3: Office tools
• Introduction to a word processor: create and save a document.
• Edit and format text: text style (B, I, U), font type, font size, text colour, alignment of text. Format paragraphs with line and/or paragraph spacing. Addheaders and footers, numbering pages, grammar and spell check utilities, subscript and superscript, insert symbols, use print preview, and print a document.
• Insert pictures, change the page setting, add bullets and numbering, borders
and shading, and insert tables – insert/delete rows and columns, merge and split cells.
• Use auto-format, track changes, review comments, use of drawing tools, shapes and mathematical symbols.
• Presentation tool: understand the concept of slide shows, basic elements of a slide, different types of slide layouts, create and save a presentation, and learn about the different views of a slide set – normal view, slide sorter view and hand-outs.
• Edit and format a slide: add titles, subtitles, text, background, and watermark, headers and footers, and slide numbers.
• Insert pictures from files, create animations, add sound effects, and rehearse timings.
• Spreadsheets: concept of a worksheet and a workbook, create and save a worksheet.
• Working with a spreadsheet: enter numbers, text, date/time, series using auto fill; edit and format a worksheet including changing the colour, size, font,alignment of text; insert and delete cells, rows and columns. Enter a formula
using the operators (+,-,*, /), refer to cells, and print a worksheet.
• Use simple statistical functions: SUM (), AVERAGE (), MAX (), MIN (), IF () (without compound statements); embed charts of various types: line, pie, scatter, bar and area in a worksheet.
Class 9 Computer Application Syllabus 2022-23: Lab Exercises
• Browser settings for a secure connection
• Working with the operating system: Navigation of the file system using a mouse
• Word processing: create a text document; create a letter, report, and greeting
• Create a text document with figures in it. It should describe a concept taught in
• Discuss the following in a text document about the basic organisation of a
computer: CPU, memory, input/output devices, hard disk.
• Create a text document in an Indian language other than English.
• Create a presentation.
• Create a presentation with animation.
• Include existing images/ pictures in a presentation.
• Animate pictures and text with sound effects in a presentation
• Create a simple spreadsheet and perform the following operations: min, max,
sum, and average.
• Create different types of charts using a spreadsheet: line, bar, area and pie
Breakup of marks for the Practicals:
|1.||Lab Test (30 marks)|
|2.||Report File + viva (10 marks)|
• 4 documents each with a word processor, spreadsheet, and presentation tool
|Viva voce (based on the report file)||2|
|3.||Project (that uses most of the concepts that have been learnt) (10 marks)|
Class 9 Computer Application Syllabus 2023:FAQs
Q. Where I Can get CBSE Class 9 Computer Application Syllabus 2023?
You can get CBSE Class 9 Computer Application Syllabus 2023 from this page. To get CBSE Class 9 Syllabus 2023 of other subjects visit the official website of Adda247 School.
Q. Will CBSE conduct CBSE Class 9 Exam 2023 annually?
Q. What is the CBSE Class 9 Computer Applications Syllabus 2023?
The CBSE Class 9 Computer Application Syllabus 2023 is divided into 3 units. These are – Basics of Information Technology, Cyber safety, Office Tools, and Lab Exercises.