What are B.Sc in Dietetics and Nutritionist all about?
B.Sc in Dietetics and Nutritionist is an undergraduate course. The total duration of B.Sc in Dietetics and Nutritionist is 3 years. Students are taught about the basics of diet which are considered to be healthy for a normal person. They are also taught about what to include in diet plans and what not to add, how to modify diet according to the convenience of each individual, etc.
Why do students need to study for B.Sc Dietetics and Nutritionist?
Students who are interested in planning and maintaining diets and the ones who love taking care of their diets can opt for B.sc Dietetics And Nutritionist. Because of the lockdown season, the lifestyle of common people has been impacted largely. Sitting in front of laptops and computers for 8-9 hours a day, children’s having online classes, physical activity has almost gone down to zero. This is where the absolute need for Dietetics and Nutritionist arises.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc Dietetics and Nutritionist
Eligibility criteria for admission to Bachelor of Science in Dietetics and Nutritionist, one has to fulfill the criteria given below.
- Student must have completed their Class 12th from a recognized Board.
- Students must have Chemistry as one of the subjects along with Biology/Computer Science/ Biotechnology any one of these.
- The student must have passed any one of the mentioned papers in Class 12th. Nutrition and Dietetics, Home Science, Childcare Psychology, Nursing, Child Care Nutrition
Top Colleges for B.Sc Dietetics and Nutritionist
The top 5 colleges for admission to B.Sc in Dietetics and Nutritionist are
- School of Allied Health Sciences, Greater Noida
- School of Allied Healthcare, Bangalore
- University of Mumbai, Mumbai
- MUHS, Nashik
- NIMS University, Jaipur
Admission Procedure for B.Sc Dietetics and Nutritionist
The admission process for Dietetics and Nutritionist course varies from college to college. Few of the colleges provide direct admission based on Class 12th marks. Few other colleges depend upon National Entrance exams for the course of Dietetics and Nutritionist. Students must keep a regular check on the official website of a college to know more about the procedures.
Entrance Exams for B.Sc Dietetics and Nutritionist
The top 5 Entrance exams for the course of dietetics and nutritionist have been listed below.
Reference Books for B.Sc Dietetics and Nutritionist
Class 12th Syllabus for the above-mentioned papers in the Eligibility Section of the article is sufficient for entrance exams in B.sc (Dietetics and Nutritionist).
Syllabus for B.Sc Dietetics and Nutritionist
The syllabus for Bachelors in Dietetics and nutritionist has been listed below semester-wise.
Fees, Jobs, and Salary for B.Sc Dietetics and Nutritionist
The fees for admission to Bachelor’s of Science in Dietetics and Nutritionist vary from Rs 50,000 to Rs 2.5 Lakhs.
The average starting salary for a fresher starts at 56,737.
Job Roles for B.Sc in Dietetics and Nutritionist
The top 5 job roles for a graduate in B.Sc in Dietetics and Nutritionist have been listed below
- Catering Departments
- Food Service Field
- Health and Recreation Club
- Health Care Field
- Health Department
1. Is there a good career option in Dietetics and Nutritionist course?
Yes, there is good scope for Dietetics and nutritionists shortly.
2. How much can I earn per month after I graduate in Dietetics and Nutritionist?
You can easily earn 15,000 to 18,000 per month, once you graduate in Dietetics and Nutritionist.
3. Are nutritionists and dieticians the same thing?
No, although they seem to be the same. Both of them have different qualifications and degrees.
4. Is a nutritionist a doctor?
No, a nutritionist is not a doctor.
5. What is a nutritionist doctor called?
A nutritionist doctor is called a Registered Dietician(RD)
Bachelor of Dental surgery 2021