Table of Contents
RPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022
As per the RPSC Assistant Town Planner Recruitment 2022 released by Rajasthan Public Service Commission, there are 43 vacant posts. The online application window will open on 10th October 2022 and will remain open up to 9th November 2022. All eligible candidates can apply through the official website of RPSC. In this article, we are going to cover all the necessary aspects of post-application i.e. RPSC Exam pattern and syllabus 2022.
RPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022: Overview
The candidates who are interested in the online application of RPSC Town Planner 2022 on 43 posts should know the following basic information tabulated:
|Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC)
|Assistant Town Planner (ATP)
|Apply Online Begin
|10th October 2022
|Last Date to Apply
|09th November 2022
|Written Test | DV
RPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam Pattern 2022
The aspirants who are interested in the RPSC Assistant Town Planner vacancy should check their eligibility carefully and fill out the online application to avoid last minute rush. Interested candidates should make themselves familiar with the RPSC exam pattern and syllabus 2022. For the sake of it read the full article carefully as it will give you a complete idea about the upcoming exam.
The competitive exam will consist of 150 questions of 1 mark each. The total time duration will be two hours and thirty minutes. For every wrong answer, 1/3rd mark will be deducted from the mark prescribed for that question.
Multiple answers to a question will also lead to negative marking only.
The section-wise scheme of the RPSC Assistant Town Planner is explained below:
|RPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam Pattern
|Number of questions
|General Knowledge of Rajasthan
RPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2022
The syllabus of the RPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam consisting of two sections is given below:
General Knowledge of Rajasthan
In this section, various questions are asked related to the geography, history, politics, etc. of Rajasthan. The brief syllabus is explained below:
|History of Rajasthan
|Geography of Rajasthan
|Political System of Rajasthan
|Ø Pre historic Civilization
Ø Various dynasties
Ø Architecture Religious Movement
Ø Folk Dance, Music, Tradition, Heritage,etc.
Minerals are resources
Various Projects (like irrigation etc.)
|Ø Chief Minister, Legislative assembly, Governor etc,
Ø State Election and human rights commission.
Ø 74th Amendment bill etc.
- Nature, Concepts, and Principles of Town Planning
- History and Development of Town Planning.
- Planning and Present Position of Modern Towns in India.
- Factors affecting the town planning and development.
- Design of residential areas, housing problems in India.
- Man and Environment Traditional patterns and trends of change in Indian society, the concept of social structure, culture, and social institutions.
- General awareness about architecture & Town Planning of cities of Rajasthan.
- Urban Ecology and sustainability Sustainable development, Green Building, environment policies, and guidelines for planning.
- Disaster management plan
- Simplified Planning Techniques: Data collections Surveys, Land utilization surveys, Density surveys, Transportation surveys
- Urban infrastructure and urban transport planning for sustainable development.
- Population projections, methods of population projection, vital statistics, and forecasting techniques.
- Zonal Plans
- Slums and squatter settlements: Causes and effect and Prevention of slum formation, Resources for slum clearance program in India
- Smart Cities and features of smart city, Neighborhood concept, Roads Networks in the city.
- Satellite Towns & New Towns.
- Norms and Standards for Living, Shopping, Education, Health facilities, Parks and Playgrounds, Banking, Rain Water Conservation, Green belt, Garden City, Road making and street light, Traffic Laws and problems.
- Non-government development organizations and their relationship with local government, citizen participation. Functions of the Urban Local Bodies.
- Engineering Materials and Construction Technology Selection of the site for the construction of various types of buildings, Planning, and orientation of buildings
- Structural Mechanics- Stress and strain, elastic constants, Bending moment and shear force diagrams for cantilever, simply and supported and overhanging, fixed and continuous beams. Theory of simple bending, shear stress.
RPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022: FAQs
Q1. How many stages do I need to clear the RPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam 2022?
Ans. You are supposed to clear three stages i.e. Written Exam, Documents Verification, Medical Examination.
Q.2 Is there any negative marking?
Ans. Yes, 1/3rd of the correct answer mark will be deduced.
Q.3. Is there any sectional cutoff?
Ans. No, You are just required to clear the overall cutoff marks decided by RPSC.
Q4. How many questions will be asked in the RPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam 2022?
Ans. The total number of questions asked in the RPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam 2022 is 150.
Q5. What is the total time duration of the RPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam 2022?
Ans. The total time duration of RPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam 2022 is of 150 minutes or 2:30 Hours.