GATE Syllabus 2022 Civil Engineering
GATE Syllabus 2022 Civil Engineering: IIT Kharagpur is the conducting authority for GATE Exam 2022. GATE Exam 2022 is for the candidates who are aspiring to get admission into M.E./M.Tech/Ph.D. at the IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs. GATE Score 2022 is also useful for getting a reputed job as an engineer in some Public Sector Undertakings. GATE 2022 Score would be valid for three years after the announcement of GATE Result 2022. The total number of papers has been increased to 29 Subjects by adding two new subject papers. These Two new papers are GE (Geomatics Engineering) and NM (Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering). GATE Exam 2022 will be conducted on 05th, 06th, 12th, and 13th February 2022. To get desired job or college through GATE Exam 2022 for Civil Engineer, the candidates must get marks more than GATE Cut Off 2022. GATE Exam 2022 dates are announced by IIT Kharagpur on the official website. To get good marks in GATE Exam 2022 for Civil Engineer, the candidates must know GATE Syllabus 2022 Civil Engineering in depth. If they plan and strategize well according to GATE Syllabus 2022 for Civil Engineer, then they can grasp and revise the concepts very well to ace GATE Exam 2022 for Civil Engineer. In this article, we have covered everything regarding GATE Syllabus 2022 for Civil Engineer. The candidates must read the full article to know about GATE Syllabus 2022 for Civil Engineer and shall bookmark this website for further updates about GATE Exam 2022 for Civil Engineer.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Civil Engineering – Overview
|GATE Syllabus 2022 Civil Engineering|
|Name of Conducting Authority||IIT Kharagpur|
|Name of Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Mode of GATE Exam 2022||Online|
|Total Number of Papers||29|
|GATE Exam 2022 Admit Card release date||03rd January 2022|
|GATE Exam 2022 date||05th February 2022
06th February 2022
12th February 2022
13th February 2022
|GATE 2022 Official Answer Key Release Date||10 days after the exam|
|GATE Result 2022||17th March 2022|
GATE Exam 2022
GATE Exam 2022: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is one of the most reputed examinations in India. It opens so many opportunities for candidates to grow their careers. GATE Exam 2022 is a computer-based standardized test conducted at the national level in India with an aim to examine the understanding of students in subjects like Engineering and Science.
GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Civil Engineering
GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Civil Engineering: The GATE 2022 Exam for Civil Engineer will ask questions to check your Application, Analysis, Comprehension, Recall, and Synthesis abilities. All the questions will be Either MCQ or NAT (Numerical Answer Type). According to the new GATE 2022 Exam Pattern for Civil Engineer, Some MSQ questions will also be there in the paper where more than one answer can be correct out of four given choices.
The candidates must check GATE Exam Pattern 2022 for Civil Engineer through the table given below to get a clear idea about GATE Exam 2022 for Civil Engineer so that they can ace GATE Exam 2022 for Civil Engineer.
|GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Civil Engineering|
|GATE Exam 2022 Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|GATE Exam 2022 Duration||3 Hours|
|GATE Exam 2022 No. of Subjects||29 Subjects|
|GATE Exam 2022 Total Marks||100 Marks|
|GATE Exam 2022 Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65 Questions|
|GATE Exam 2022 Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions, Multiple Select Questions, and Numerical Answer Type Questions|
GATE Syllabus 2022 Civil Engineering PDF
The candidates can download GATE Syllabus 2022 Civil Engineering PDF through the direct link given below for the ease of candidates. The candidates must know GATE Syllabus 2022 Civil Engineering to ace GATE 2022 and get admission in a reputed college or job in a reputed organization for civil engineers. Knowing GATE Syllabus 2022 will help the candidates aspiring for GATE 2022 to get good marks and success as they can plan and strategise beforehand according to GATE Syllabus 2022 Civil Engineering.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Civil Engineering
Section 1: Engineering Mathematics
- Matrix algebra;
- Systems of linear equations;
- Eigen values and Eigen vectors.
- Functions of single variable;
- Limit, continuity and differentiability;
- Mean value theorems,
- Local maxima and minima;
- Taylor series;
- Evaluation of definite and indefinite integrals,
- Application of definite integral to obtain area and volume;
- Partial derivatives;
- Total derivative;
- Divergence and Curl,
- Vector identities;
- Directional derivatives;
- Line, Surface and
- Volume integrals.
Ordinary Differential Equation (ODE):
- First order (linear and non-linear) equations;
- Higher order linear equations with constant coefficients;
- Euler-Cauchy equations;
- Initial and boundary value problems.
Partial Differential Equation (PDE):
- Fourier series;
- Separation of variables;
- Solutions of onedimensional diffusion equation;
- First and second order one-dimensional wave equation and
- Two dimensional Laplace equation.
Probability and Statistics:
- Sampling theorems;
- Conditional probability;
- Descriptive statistics – Mean, median, mode and standard deviation;
- Random Variables – Discrete and Continuous,
- Poisson and Normal Distribution;
- Linear regression.
- Error analysis.
- Numerical solutions of linear and non-linear algebraic equations;
- Newton’s and Lagrange polynomials;
- Numerical differentiation;
- Integration by trapezoidal and
- Simpson’s rule;
- Single and multi-step methods for first order differential equations.
Section 2: Structural Engineering
- System of forces,
- Free-body diagrams,
- Equilibrium equations;
- Internal forces in structures;
- Frictions and its applications;
- Centre of mass;
- Free Vibrations of undamped SDOF system.
- Bending moment and shear force in statically determinate beams;
- Simple stress and strain relationships;
- Simple bending theory,
- Flexural and shear stresses,
- Shear centre;
- Uniform torsion,
- Transformation of stress;
- Buckling of column,
- Combined and direct bending stresses.
- Statically determinate and indeterminate structures by force/ energy methods;
- Method of superposition;
- Analysis of trusses,
- Cables and frames;
- Displacement methods: Slope deflection and moment distribution methods;
- Influence lines;
- Stiffness and flexibility methods of structural analysis.
Construction Materials and Management:
- Construction Materials:
- Structural Steel – Composition,
- Material properties and behaviour;
- Concrete – Constituents,
- Mix design,
- Short-term and long-term properties.
- Construction Management: Types of construction projects;
- Project planning and network analysis – PERT and CPM;
- Cost estimation.
- Working stress and Limit state design concepts;
- Design of beams,
- Slabs, columns;
- Bond and development length;
- Prestressed concrete beams.
- Working stress and Limit state design concepts;
- Design of tension and compression members,
- Beams and beam-columns,
- Column bases;
- Connections – simple and eccentric,
- Beam-column connections,
- Plate girders and trusses;
- Concept of plastic analysis -beams and frames.
Section 3: Geotechnical Engineering
- Three-phase system and phase relationships,
- Index properties;
- Unified and Indian standard soil classification system;
- Permeability – one dimensional flow,
- Seepage through soils – two – dimensional flow,
- Flow nets,
- Uplift pressure,
- Seepage force;
- Principle of effective stress and
- Quicksand condition;
- Compaction of soils;
- One- dimensional consolidation,
- Time rate of consolidation;
- Shear Strength,
- Mohr’s circle,
- Effective and total shear strength parameters,
- Stress-Strain characteristics of clays and sand;
- Stress paths.
- Sub-surface investigations – Drilling bore holes,
- Sampling, plate load test,
- Standard penetration and cone penetration tests;
- Earth pressure theories – Rankine and Coulomb;
- Stability of slopes – Finite and infinite slopes,
- Bishop’s method;
- Stress distribution in soils – Boussinesq’s theory;
- Pressure bulbs,
- Shallow foundations – Terzaghi’s and Meyerhoff’s bearing capacity theories,
- Effect of water table;
- Combined footing and raft foundation;
- Contact pressure;
- Settlement analysis in sands and clays;
- Deep foundations – dynamic and static formulae,
- Axial load capacity of piles in sands and clays,
- Pile load test,
- Pile under lateral loading,
- Pile group efficiency
- Negative skin friction.
Section 4: Water Resources Engineering
- Properties of fluids,
- Fluid statics;
- Momentum and
- Energy equations and their applications;
- Potential flow,
- Laminar and turbulent flow;
- Flow in pipes,
- Pipe networks;
- Concept of boundary layer and its growth;
- Concept of lift and drag.
- Forces on immersed bodies;
- Flow measurement in channels and pipes;
- Dimensional analysis and hydraulic similitude;
- Channel Hydraulics – Energy-depth relationships,
- Specific energy,
- Critical flow,
- Hydraulic jump,
- Uniform flow,
- Gradually varied flow and water surface profiles.
- Hydrologic cycle,
- Unit hydrographs,
- Hydrograph analysis,
- Reservoir capacity,
- Flood estimation and routing,
- Surface runoff models,
- Ground water hydrology –
- Steady state well hydraulics and aquifers;
- Application of Darcy’s Law.
- Types of irrigation systems and methods;
- Crop water requirements – Duty,
- Delta, evapotranspiration;
- Gravity Dams and Spillways;
- Lined and unlined canals,
- Design of weirs on permeable foundation;
- Cross drainage structures.
Section 5: Environmental Engineering
Water and Waste Water Quality and Treatment:
- Basics of water quality standards – Physical,
- Chemical and biological parameters;
- Water quality index;
- Unit processes and operations;
- Water requirement;
- Water distribution system;
- Drinking water treatment.
- Sewerage system design,
- Quantity of domestic wastewater,
- Primary and secondary treatment.
- Effluent discharge standards;
- Sludge disposal;
- Reuse of treated sewage for different applications.
- Types of pollutants,
- Their sources and impacts,
- Air pollution control,
- Air quality standards,
- Air quality Index and limits.
Municipal Solid Wastes:
- Collection and transportation of solid wastes,
- Engineered systems for solid waste management (reuse/ recycle, energy recovery, treatment and disposal).
Section 6: Transportation Engineering
- Geometric design of highways – cross-sectional elements,
- Sight distances,
- Horizontal and vertical alignments.
- Geometric design of railway Track – Speed and Cant.
- Concept of airport runway length,
- Calculations and corrections;
- Taxiway and exit taxiway design.
- Highway materials – desirable properties and tests;
- Desirable properties of bituminous paving mixes;
- Design factors for flexible and rigid pavements;
- Design of flexible and rigid pavement using IRC codes
- Traffic studies on flow and speed,
- Peak hour factor,
- Accident study,
- Statistical analysis of traffic data;
- Microscopic and macroscopic parameters of traffic flow,
- Fundamental relationships;
- Traffic signs;
- Signal design by Webster’s method;
- Types of intersections;
- Highway capacity.
Section 7: Geomatics Engineering
- Principles of surveying;
- Errors and their adjustment;
- Maps – scale, coordinate system;
- Distance and angle measurement – Levelling and trigonometric levelling;
- Traversing and triangulation survey;
- Total station;
- Horizontal and vertical curves.
- Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing – Scale, flying height;
- Basics of remote sensing and GIS.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Civil Engineering FAQs
Q1. Where can I check GATE Syllabus 2022 Civil Engineering?
Ans. You can check GATE Syllabus 2022 Civil Engineering in this article.
Q2. How can I download GATE Syllabus 2022 Civil Engineering PDF?
Ans. You can download GATE Syllabus 2022 Civil Engineering PDF through the direct link available in the article.
Now keep yourself updated with Latest Engineering Government Jobs 24×7 Download ADDA247 App Now! CLICK HERE