Benefits of GATE Exam
The aspirants preparing for the GATE 2024 should know the Benefits of the GATE Exam like admission into M. Tech programs in IITs, NITs, and other institutions, PSU Jobs, etc before starting their preparation. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducted every year by IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, and IIT Roorkee on a rotational basis.
Check: GATE Result 2023
Benefits of Qualifying GATE Exam
IISc Bangalore is about to conduct the GATE 2024 Exam for the various branches of engineering. GATE 2024 registration process will be started in August 2023 on its official website @gate.iisc.ac.in. The candidates must read the full article to know important information about the Benefits of Qualifying GATE Exam and shall bookmark the website for further Engineering Job Updates.
What are the Benefits of GATE Exam?
The aspirants who are preparing for the GATE 2024 Exam should know the certain benefits of qualifying GATE Exam. The points focusing on the benefits of qualifying GATE Exam are given below:
- PSU’s Recruitment Through GATE Exam like HAL, IOCL, PGCIL, BARC, etc.
- Admission into M.Tech/M.E/M.Sc & Ph.D. programs through GATE Exam.
- Chances of Recruitment in top MNCs through the GATE Exam.
- Great Opportunity to apply for Government organizations like DRDO, BARC, ISRO, etc. through GATE Exam.
- Offering Teaching Jobs after GATE Exam.
- Higher Chances to study abroad for a Master’s Degree.
Check: CPCB Recruitment 2023
Opportunities After GATE Exam
Every Year Engineering Graduates appear for the GATE Exam with the desire to get admission in the reputed IITs and NITs, PSU admission, etc. The aspirants can get the following opportunities after GATE Exam.
- Has a great opportunity to work in research positions like JRFs, ISRO/DRDO/BARC/IITs, etc.
- Better placement in top PSUs, MNCs & Indian as well as foreign companies both.
- Get a Minimum stipend of 12,400/- per month is given to regular students joining colleges under MHRD
- It also gives you a chance to pursue specializations based on your interest.
- Also a lot of career options in various fields like Teaching, R&D, and other Core sectors, etc.
The aspirants can check the list of colleges participating in the COAP Counselling 2023 given below:
- IISc Bangalore
- IIT Bhilai
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT BHU
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Goa
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Indore
- IIT ISM Dhanbad
- IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Palakkad
- IIT Patna
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Ropar
- IIT Tirupati
Check: NEEPCO Recruitment 2023
PSU Through GATE Exam
In India, PSUs are categorized into mainly 3 categories given below.
The Maharatna PSUs are chosen from those PSUs that hold the status of Navratnas and must be listed on the Indian stock exchange must fulfilling the minimum prescribed public shareholding according to the SEBI regulations. The following conditions must be satisfied in order to get Maharatna status:
- The Average annual turnover of the PSU during the last 3 years is more than Rs. 25,000 crores.
- The Average annual net worth during the last 3 years is more than Rs. 15,000 crores.
- The Average annual net profit after tax during the last 3 years is more than Rs. 5,000 crores.
- The company should have a significant global presence or international operations.
- There are a total of 12 Maharatna CPSEs in the country as per the latest survey.
- The company must have ‘Miniratna Category – I‘ status along with a Schedule ‘A’ listing.
- At least 3 ‘Excellent’ or ‘Very Good’ Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) during the last 5 years.
- Apart from that, it should also have a composite score of 60 or above out of possible 100 marks in the 6 selected performance parameters:-
- Net Profit to Net Worth (Maximum: 25)
- Manpower cost to cost of production or services (Maximum: 15)
- Gross margin as capital employed (Maximum: 15)
- Gross profit as Turnover (Maximum: 15)
- Earnings per Share (Maximum: 10)
- Inter-Sectoral comparison based on Net profit to net worth (Maximum: 20)
- There are a total of 12 Navratna CPSEs in the country.
Mini Ratna PSU
- The CPSEs that have shown profits in the last continuous 3 years and have positive net worth can be considered eligible for a grant of Miniratna status.
- Presently, there are 62 Miniratna I and 12 Miniratna II in total.
Category I:- The PSUs that have made profits in the previous 3 years or have generated a profit of Rs. 30 crores or more in one of the preceding 3 years.
Category II:- The PSUs that have made profits in the preceding 3 years and have a positive net worth in all 3 preceding years.
Check: NFC Recruitment 2023
Major Companies recruited through GATE Exam Scores are mentioned below.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Power
- Grid Corporation of India (PGCI).
Check: RRB JE 2023
|GATE 2023 Related Articles|
|GATE 2023||GATE 2023 Result||GATE 2023 Score Card|
|GATE 2023 Normalization||GATE 2023 Answer Key||GATE Cutoffs|
|GATE 2023 Counselling||Benefits of GATE Exam||PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2023|
Now keep yourself updated with Latest Engineering Government Jobs 24×7 Download ADDA247 App Now! CLICK HERE
|Latest Ongoing Recruitments|
|DRDO Recruitment 2023||ISRO Recruitment 2023|
|BHEL Recruitment 2023||BEL Recruitment 2023|
|NTPC Recruitment 2023||PGCIL Recruitment 2023|
|IOCL Recruitment 2023||ONGC Recruitment 2023|