GATE Syllabus 2022 Mechanical Engineering
GATE Syllabus 2022 Mechanical Engineering: IIT Kharagpur is the conducting authority for GATE Exam 2022. GATE Exam 2022 is for the candidates who are aspiring to get admission into M.E./M.Tech/Ph.D. at the IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs. GATE Score 2022 is also useful for getting a reputed job as an engineer in some Public Sector Undertakings. GATE 2022 Score would be valid for three years after the announcement of GATE Result 2022. The total number of papers has been increased to 29 Subjects by adding two new subject papers. These Two new papers are GE (Geomatics Engineering) and NM (Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering). GATE Exam 2022 will be conducted on 05th, 06th, 12th, and 13th February 2022. To get desired job or college through GATE Exam 2022 for Mechanical Engineer, the candidates must get marks more than GATE Cut Off 2022. GATE Exam 2022 dates are announced by IIT Kharagpur on the official website. To get good marks in GATE Exam 2022 for Mechanical Engineer, the candidates must know GATE Syllabus 2022 Mechanical Engineering in depth. If they plan and strategize well according to GATE Syllabus 2022 for Mechanical Engineer, then they can grasp and revise the concepts very well to ace GATE Exam 2022 for Mechanical Engineer. In this article, we have covered everything regarding GATE Syllabus 2022 for Mechanical Engineer. The candidates must read the full article to know about GATE Syllabus 2022 for Mechanical Engineer and shall bookmark this website for further updates about GATE Exam 2022 for Mechanical Engineer.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Mechanical Engineering – Overview
|GATE Syllabus 2022 Mechanical Engineering|
|Name of Conducting Authority||IIT Kharagpur|
|Name of Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Mode of GATE Exam 2022||Online|
|Total Number of Papers||29|
|GATE Exam 2022 Admit Card release date||03rd January 2022|
|GATE Exam 2022 date||05th February 2022
06th February 2022
12th February 2022
13th February 2022
|GATE 2022 Official Answer Key Release Date||10 days after the exam|
|GATE Result 2022||17th March 2022|
GATE Exam 2022
GATE Exam 2022: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is one of the most reputed examinations in India. It opens so many opportunities for candidates to grow their careers. GATE Exam 2022 is a computer-based standardized test conducted at the national level in India with an aim to examine the understanding of students in subjects like Engineering and Science.
GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Mechanical Engineering
GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Mechanical Engineering: The GATE 2022 Exam for Mechanical Engineer will ask questions to check your Application, Analysis, Comprehension, Recall, and Synthesis abilities. All the questions will be Either MCQ or NAT (Numerical Answer Type). According to the new GATE 2022 Exam Pattern for Mechanical Engineer, Some MSQ questions will also be there in the paper where more than one answer can be correct out of four given choices.
The candidates must check GATE Exam Pattern 2022 for Mechanical Engineer through the table given below to get a clear idea about GATE Exam 2022 for Mechanical Engineer so that they can ace GATE Exam 2022 for Mechanical Engineer.
|GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Mechanical Engineering|
|GATE Exam 2022 Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|GATE Exam 2022 Duration||3 Hours|
|GATE Exam 2022 No. of Subjects||29 Subjects|
|GATE Exam 2022 Total Marks||100 Marks|
|GATE Exam 2022 Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65 Questions|
|GATE Exam 2022 Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions, Multiple Select Questions, and Numerical Answer Type Questions|
GATE Syllabus 2022 Mechanical Engineering PDF
The candidates can download GATE Syllabus 2022 Mechanical Engineering PDF through the direct link given below for the ease of candidates. The candidates must know GATE Syllabus 2022 Mechanical Engineering to ace GATE 2022 and get admission in a reputed college or job in a reputed organization for Mechanical engineers. Knowing GATE Syllabus 2022 will help the candidates aspiring for GATE 2022 to get good marks and success as they can plan and strategise beforehand according to GATE Syllabus 2022 Mechanical Engineering.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Mechanical Engineering
Section 1: Engineering Mathematics
- Matrix algebra,
- systems of linear equations,
- eigenvalues and eigenvectors.
- Functions of single variable,
- continuity and differentiability,
- mean value theorems,
- indeterminate forms;
- evaluation of definite and improper integrals;
- double and triple integrals;
- partial derivatives,
- total derivative,
- Taylor series (in one and two variables),
- maxima and minima,
- Fourier series;
- divergence and curl,
- vector identities,
- directional derivatives,
- line, surface and
- volume integrals,
- applications of Gauss,
- Stokes and Green’s theorems.
- First order equations (linear and nonlinear);
- higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients;
- Euler-Cauchy equation;
- initial and boundary value problems;
- Laplace transforms;
- solutions of heat, wave and Laplace’s equations.
- Analytic functions;
- Cauchy-Riemann equations;
- Cauchy’s integral theorem and
- integral formula;
- Taylor and Laurent series.
Probability and Statistics:
- Definitions of probability,
- sampling theorems,
- conditional probability;
- mean, median, mode and standard deviation;
- random variables,
- Poisson and normal distributions.
- Numerical solutions of linear and non-linear algebraic equations;
- integration by trapezoidal and Simpson’s rules;
- single and multi-step methods for differential equations.
Section 2: Applied Mechanics and Design
- Free-body diagrams and equilibrium;
- friction and its applications including rolling friction,
- screw jack,
- wedge, vehicles, etc.;
- trusses and frames;
- virtual work;
- kinematics and dynamics of rigid bodies in plane motion;
- impulse and momentum (linear and angular) and energy formulations;
- Lagrange’s equation.
Mechanics of Materials:
- Stress and strain,
- elastic constants,
- Poisson’s ratio;
- Mohr’s circle for plane
- stress and plane strain;
- thin cylinders;
- shear force and bending moment diagrams;
- bending and shear stresses;
- concept of shear centre;
- deflection of beams;
- torsion of circular shafts;
- Euler’s theory of columns;
- energy methods;
- thermal stresses;
- strain gauges and rosettes;
- testing of materials with universal testing machine;
- testing of hardness and impact strength.
Theory of Machines:
- velocity and acceleration analysis of plane mechanisms;
- dynamic analysis of linkages;
- gears and gear trains;
- flywheels and governors;
- balancing of reciprocating and rotating masses;
- Free and forced vibration of single degree of freedom systems,
- effect of damping;
- vibration isolation;
- critical speeds of shafts.
- Design for static and dynamic loading;
- failure theories;
- fatigue strength and
- the SN diagram;
- principles of the design of machine elements such as bolted,
- riveted and welded joints;
- rolling and sliding contact bearings,
- brakes and clutches,
Section 3: Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences
- Fluid properties;
- fluid statics,
- forces on submerged bodies,
- stability of floating bodies;
- control-volume analysis of mass,
- momentum and energy;
- fluid acceleration;
- differential equations of continuity and momentum;
- Bernoulli’s equation;
- dimensional analysis;
- viscous flow of incompressible fluids,
- boundary layer,
- elementary turbulent flow,
- flow through pipes,
- head losses in pipes,
- bends and fittings;
- basics of compressible fluid flow.
- Modes of heat transfer;
- one dimensional heat conduction,
- resistance concept and electrical analogy,
- heat transfer through fins;
- unsteady heat conduction,
- lumped parameter system,
- Heisler’s charts;
- thermal boundary layer,
- dimensionless parameters in free and
- forced convective heat transfer,
- heat transfer correlations for flow over flat plates and through pipes,
- effect of turbulence;
- heat exchanger performance,
- LMTD and NTU methods;
- radiative heat transfer,
- StefanBoltzmann law,
- Wien’s displacement law,
- black and grey surfaces,
- view factors,
- radiation network analysis
- Thermodynamic systems and processes;
- properties of pure substances,
- behavior of ideal and real gases;
- zeroth and first laws of thermodynamics,
- calculation of work and heat in various processes;
- second law of thermodynamics;
- thermodynamic property charts and tables,
- availability and irreversibility;
- thermodynamic relations.
- Power Engineering: Air and gas compressors;
- vapour and gas power cycles,
- concepts of regeneration and reheat.
- I.C. Engines: Air-standard Otto,
- Diesel and dual cycles.
- Refrigeration and air-conditioning:
- Vapour and gas refrigeration and heat pump cycles;
- properties of moist air,
- psychrometric chart,
- basic psychrometric processes.
- Turbomachinery: Impulse and reaction
- velocity diagrams,
- Francis and Kaplan turbines;
- steam and gas turbines.
Section 4: Materials, Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering
- Structure and properties of engineering materials,
- phase diagrams,
- heat treatment,
- stress-strain diagrams for engineering materials.
- Forming and Joining Processes:
- Different types of castings,
- design of patterns,
- moulds and cores;
- solidification and cooling;
- riser and gating design.
- Plastic deformation and yield criteria;
- fundamentals of hot and cold working processes;
- load estimation for bulk (forging, rolling, extrusion,
- sheet (shearing, deep drawing, bending) metal forming processes;
- principles of powder metallurgy.
- Principles of welding,
- soldering and
- adhesive bonding.
Machining and Machine Tool Operations:
- Mechanics of machining;
- basic machine tools;
- single and multi-point cutting tools,
- tool geometry and materials,
- tool life and wear;
- economics of machining;
- principles of non-traditional machining processes;
- principles of work holding,
- jigs and fixtures;
- abrasive machining processes;
- NC/CNC machines and
- CNC programming.
Metrology and Inspection:
- fits and tolerances;
- linear and angular measurements;
- form and finish measurement;
- alignment and testing methods;
- tolerance analysis in manufacturing and assembly;
- concepts of coordinate-measuring machine (CMM).
Computer Integrated Manufacturing:
- Basic concepts of CAD/CAM and their integration tools;
- additive manufacturing.
Production Planning and Control:
- Forecasting models,
- aggregate production planning,
- materials requirement planning;
- lean manufacturing.
- Deterministic models;
- safety stock inventory control systems.
- Linear programming,
- simplex method,
- flow models,
- simple queuing models,
- PERT and CPM.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Mechanical Engineering FAQs
Q1. Where can I check GATE Syllabus 2022 Mechanical Engineering?
Ans. You can check GATE Syllabus 2022 Mechanical Engineering in this article.
Q2. How can I download GATE Syllabus 2022 Mechanical Engineering PDF?
Ans. You can download GATE Syllabus 2022 Mechanical Engineering PDF through the direct link available in the article.
Now keep yourself updated with Latest Engineering Government Jobs 24×7 Download ADDA247 App Now! CLICK HERE