GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineering
GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineering: IIT Kharagpur is the conducting authority for GATE Exam 2022. GATE Exam 2022 is for the candidates who are aspiring to get admission into M.E./M.Tech/Ph.D. at the IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs. GATE Score 2022 is also useful for getting a reputed job as an engineer in some Public Sector Undertakings. GATE 2022 Score would be valid for three years after the announcement of GATE Result 2022. The total number of papers has been increased to 29 Subjects by adding two new subject papers. These Two new papers are GE (Geomatics Engineering) and NM (Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering). GATE Exam 2022 will be conducted on 05th, 06th, 12th, and 13th February 2022. To get desired job or college through GATE Exam 2022 for Petroleum Engineer, the candidates must get marks more than GATE Cut Off 2022. GATE Exam 2022 dates are announced by IIT Kharagpur on the official website. To get good marks in GATE Exam 2022 for Petroleum Engineer, the candidates must know GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineering in depth. If they plan and strategize well according to GATE Syllabus 2022 for Petroleum Engineer, then they can grasp and revise the concepts very well to ace GATE Exam 2022 for Petroleum Engineer. In this article, we have covered everything regarding GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineer. The candidates must read the full article to know about GATE Syllabus 2022 for Petroleum Engineer and shall bookmark this website for further updates about GATE Exam 2022 for Petroleum Engineer.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineering – Overview
|GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineering|
|Name of Conducting Authority||IIT Kharagpur|
|Name of Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Mode of GATE Exam 2022||Online|
|Total Number of Papers||29|
|GATE Exam 2022 Admit Card release date||03rd January 2022|
|GATE Exam 2022 date||05th February 2022
06th February 2022
12th February 2022
13th February 2022
|GATE 2022 Official Answer Key Release Date||10 days after the exam|
|GATE Result 2022||17th March 2022|
GATE Exam 2022
GATE Exam 2022: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is one of the most reputed examinations in India. It opens so many opportunities for candidates to grow their careers. GATE Exam 2022 is a computer-based standardized test conducted at the national level in India with an aim to examine the understanding of students in subjects like Engineering and Science.
GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Petroleum Engineering
GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Petroleum Engineering: The GATE 2022 Exam for Petroleum Engineer will ask questions to check your Application, Analysis, Comprehension, Recall, and Synthesis abilities. All the questions will be Either MCQ or NAT (Numerical Answer Type). According to the new GATE 2022 Exam Pattern for Petroleum Engineer, Some MSQ questions will also be there in the paper where more than one answer can be correct out of four given choices.
The candidates must check GATE Exam Pattern 2022 for Petroleum Engineer through the table given below to get a clear idea about GATE Exam 2022 for Petroleum Engineer so that they can ace GATE Exam 2022 for Petroleum Engineer.
|GATE Exam Pattern 2022 Petroleum Engineering|
|GATE Exam 2022 Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|GATE Exam 2022 Duration||3 Hours|
|GATE Exam 2022 No. of Subjects||29 Subjects|
|GATE Exam 2022 Total Marks||100 Marks|
|GATE Exam 2022 Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65 Questions|
|GATE Exam 2022 Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions, Multiple Select Questions, and Numerical Answer Type Questions|
GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineering PDF
GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineering PDF: The candidates can download GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineering PDF through the direct link given below for the ease of candidates. The candidates must know GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineering to ace GATE 2022 and get admission in a reputed college or job in a reputed organization for petroleum engineers. Knowing GATE Syllabus 2022 will help the candidates aspiring for GATE 2022 to get good marks and success as they can plan and strategize beforehand according to GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineering.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineering
- Matrix algebra,
- Systems of linear equations,
- Eigen values and eigenvectors.
- Calculus: Functions of single variable,
- Limit, continuity and differentiability,
- Taylor series,
- Mean value theorems,
- Evaluation of definite and improper integrals,
- Partial derivatives,
- Total derivative,
- Maxima and minima,
- Divergence and Curl,
- Vector identities,
- Directional derivatives,
- Surface and Volume integrals,
- Gauss and Green’s theorems.
- Differential equations: First order equations (linear and nonlinear),
- Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients,
- Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations,
- Initial and boundary value problems,
- Laplace transforms,
- Solutions of one dimensional heat and
- wave equations and Laplace equation.
- Complex number,
- polar form of complex number,
- triangle inequality.
Probability and Statistics:
- Definitions of probability and sampling theorems,
- Conditional probability,
- Mean, median,
- mode and standard deviation,
- Random variables,
- Poisson, Normal and Binomial distributions,
- Linear regression analysis.
- Numerical solutions of linear and non-linear algebraic equations.
- Integration by trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule.
- Single and multi-step methods for numerical solution of differential equations.
- Classification and description of some common rocks with special reference to clastic and nonclastic reservoir rocks.
- Origin, migration and accumulation of Petroleum.
- Petroleum exploration methods.
- Oil and Gas Well Drilling Technology:
- Well planning.
- Drilling method.
- Drilling rigs Rig operating systems.
- Drilling fluids function and properties.
- Drilling fluid maintenance equipment.
- Oil & gas well cementing operations.
- Drill bit types and their applications.
- Drill string & Casing string function,
- operations, selection & design.
- Drilling problems, their control & remedies.
- Directional drilling tools.
- Directional survey.
- Application of horizontal,
- extended reach,
- slim wells.
- Petrophysical properties of reservoir rocks.
- Coring and core analysis.
- Reservoir fluid properties.
- Phase behavior of hydrocarbon system.
- Flow of fluids through porous media.
- Water and gas coning.
- Reservoir pressure measurements.
- Reservoir drives,
- drive mechanics and recovery factors.
- Reserve estimation &techniques.
Petroleum Production Operations:
- Well equipments.
- Well completion techniques.
- Well production problems and mitigation.
- Well servicing & Workover operations.
- Workover & completion fluids.
- Formation damage.
- Well stimulation techniques.
- Artificial lift techniques.
- Field processing of oil & gas.
- Storage and transportation of petroleum and petroleum products.
- Metering and measurements oil & gas.
- Production system analysis & optimization.
- Production testing.
- Multiphase flow in tubing
- and flow-lines.
- Nodal system analysis.
- Pressure vessels,
- storage tanks,
- shell and tube heat exchangers,
- pumps and compressors,
- LNG value chain.
- Offshore Drilling and Production Practices: Offshore oil and gas operations & ocean environment.
- Offshore fixed platforms,
- Offshore mobile units,
- Station keeping methods like mooring & dynamic
- positioning system.
- Offshore drilling from fixed platform,
- jack-up, ships and semi submersibles.
- Use of conductors and risers.
- Offshore well completion.
- Deep water applications of subsea technology.
- Offshore production: Oil processing platforms,
- water injection platforms, storage, SPM and SBM
- transportation and utilities.
- Deep water drilling rig.
- Deep water production system.
- Emerging deep water technologies.
Petroleum Formation Evaluation:
- Evaluation of petrophysical of sub-surface formations:
- Principles applications,
- advantages and disadvantages of SP,
- resistivity, radioactive,
- acoustic logs and types of tools used.
- Evaluation of CBL/VDL, USIT, SFT, RFT.
- Production logging tools, principles,
- limitations and applications.
- Special type of logging tools.
- Casing inspection tools (principles,applications and limitations),
- Formations micro scanner (FMS),
- NMR logging principles.
- Standard log interpretation methods.
- Cross-plotting methods.
- Oil and Gas Well Testing: Diffusivity equation,
- derivation & solutions. Radius of investigation.
- Principle of superposition.
- Horner’s approximation.
- Drill Stem Testing.
- Pressure Transient Tests: Drawdown and build up-test analysis.
- Wellbore effects.
- Multilayer reservoirs.
- Injection well testing.
- Multiple well testing.
- Interference testing,
- Pulse testing,
- well-test analysis by use of type curves.
- Gas well testing.
Health Safety and Environment in Petroleum Industry:
- Health hazards in Petroleum Industry: Toxicity, Physiological,
- Asphyxiation, respiratory and skin effect of petroleum hydrocarbons,
- sour gases.
- Safety System: Manual & automatic shutdown system,
- blow down systems.
- Gas detection system.
- Fire detection and suppression systems.
- Personal protection system & measures.
- HSE Policies.
- Disaster & crisis management in Petroleum Industry.
- Environment: Environment concepts,
- impact on eco-system, air, water and soil.
- The impact of drilling & production operations on environment,
- Environmental transport of petroleum wastes.
- Offshore environmental studies.
- Offshore oil spill and oil spill control.
- Waste treatment methods.
- Enhanced Oil Recovery Techniques: Basic principles and mechanism of EOR,
- Screening of EOR process.
- Concept of pattern flooding,
- recovery efficiency,
- permeability heterogeneity.
- Macroscopic and microscopic displacement efficiency.
- EOR methods: Chemical flooding, Miscible flooding,
- Thermal recoveries (steam stimulation, hot water & steam flooding, in-situ combustion),
- Microbial EOR.
Latest trends in Petroleum Engineering:
- Coal bed methane,
- shale gas,
- oil shale,
- gas hydrate, and
- heavy oil.
GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineering FAQs
Q1. Where can I check GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineering?
Ans. You can check GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineering in this article.
Q2. How can I download GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineering PDF?
Ans. You can download GATE Syllabus 2022 Petroleum Engineering PDF through the direct link available in the article.
Now keep yourself updated with Latest Engineering Government Jobs 24×7 Download ADDA247 App Now! CLICK HERE